Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,358 times)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 10, 2013, 12:49:22 PMI realize that not all Muslims are fundie terrorists but there seems to be a sizable sample size that indicates alot of anti-American mentality. I mean most if not all the bombers in the past decade or so including them marathon bombers were Islamists.

Islamists, not Muslims. Islamism is a socio-political idealogy, Islam is a religion.

Here's a tip: whenever you're about to rag on Muslims take a second to replace Islamist with 'Ku Klux Klan' and Islam with 'Christianity' in your head.

Now go back and decide whether that video you posted was a good idea.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Oct 10, 2013, 03:02:23 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 10, 2013, 12:49:22 PMI realize that not all Muslims are fundie terrorists but there seems to be a sizable sample size that indicates alot of anti-American mentality. I mean most if not all the bombers in the past decade or so including them marathon bombers were Islamists.

Islamists, not Muslims. Islamism is a socio-political idealogy, Islam is a religion.

Here's a tip: whenever you're about to rag on Muslims take a second to replace Islamist with 'Ku Klux Klan' and Islam with 'Christianity' in your head.

Now go back and decide whether that video you posted was a good idea.

Right.... but you seem to forget that Islamism is the driving factor and what the terrorists dream of having put forth in all western countries. All the Muslim terrorists so far have been hardline Islamists.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Islamist

An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 10, 2013, 05:26:35 PMRight.... but you seem to forget that Islamism is the driving factor and what the terrorists dream of having put forth in all western countries. All the Muslim terrorists so far have been hardline Islamists.

That's right. All Muslim terrorists are Islamists, but not all Muslims (in fact a negligible minority) are Islamists. The video you posted chucked all of them into the same basket, ergo it's hate material. You really shouldn't be spreading that shit around.

SM

SM

You forget who you're addressing?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

That bad huh?

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Oct 10, 2013, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 10, 2013, 05:26:35 PMRight.... but you seem to forget that Islamism is the driving factor and what the terrorists dream of having put forth in all western countries. All the Muslim terrorists so far have been hardline Islamists.

That's right. All Muslim terrorists are Islamists, but not all Muslims (in fact a negligible minority) are Islamists. The video you posted chucked all of them into the same basket, ergo it's hate material. You really shouldn't be spreading that shit around.

Right and I'm sure they were thinking of that when they blew up the trade centers and killed innocent people in Boston.  For every peaceful muslim there's more fundie terrorists just waiting to kill innocent people. They dont make a distinction between us Americans when they bomb us or attack with IED's so why should we spare them the benefit of the doubt.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Do you want them to view all Americans as incest-bred, beer-swilling, money hungry capitalists? Exactly.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Oct 11, 2013, 01:30:53 PM
They dont make a distinction between us Americans when they bomb us or attack with IED's so why should we spare them the benefit of the doubt.

Because we're not extremist c**ts who simplify the world to fit our narrow views like they are?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Sabby on Oct 11, 2013, 01:33:08 PM
They dont make a distinction between us Americans when they bomb us or attack with IED's so why should we spare them the benefit of the doubt.

Because we're not extremist c**ts who simplify the world to fit our narrow views like they are?

Not you maybe, but KirklandSignature sure as hell hit a bottom low in the  last couple of posts of his.

Atheism in the name of Populistic Islamophobia...

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Sabby on Oct 11, 2013, 01:33:08 PM

:laugh:

Sabby

Sabby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzjdh12Zw6U#ws

Fox News always makes me laugh and then shake my head and sigh. I'm pretty sure they dramatize most of their bullshit for ratings (And I'm almost damn certain that Bill O'Reily is an actor) but this here is just so brain swelteringly stupid I can't see it being anything other then grabbing attention.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Wow.

Making the distinction is what separates us from them, otherwise we're no better than they are.

Just... wow.

Sabby

Sabby

For once, me and Crazy Rich agree on something, though I don't see this as a particularly divisive topic.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Islamophobic? Hardly...I just have intense dislike for the ones who bomb and kill innocent AMERICANS.  I dislike Islam equally as much as the other mystical belief systems in the world. I also don't see any islamophobia in that video since they clearly bring up that it's the fundamentalist faction of Islam that is threatening to swarm Europe and the rest of the world.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

You're not the brightest crayon in the box are you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed