Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 99,380 times)

Jango1201

I like what I'm seeing but one thing scares me and that is repetitiveness. I don't want a whole game about "there's the Alien, gotta dodge it" Story wise, I'm being optimistic. Hoping brains are hard at work to create a smart story line that even if its not official cannon, could effortlessly fit into the world if we see worthy.     

DemonicD13

Well it looks pretty. But my main interest will be the story, and right now that's dubious at best.

It would be so nice to get this upcoming book trilogy and it actually be good. It would even be better if they have gone to the effort of tying this game into the books. But I feel I'm asking for to much.

I'm not holding my breath.

I just don't know why these things can't ever seem to form a cohesive story, isn't there anyone at fox who oversees this stuff. Kind of like how the Star Wars EU has a bad tendency of contradicting itself.

acrediblesource

One thing I find very cool and convincing of a brand new type of game is that 

Krupa was told that "there's only one alien in the game, and it can't be killed.

Damn awesome. You either survive or die. maybe the company had been lying about ripley's daughter all along. She could be dead by the end of the game, but had been exposed to all sorts of alien stuff. But looks very well worth the time and money to make this game. 
There's not much story so far, but here's betting that any story content inside the game will make it engrossing never the less.

Aspie

Wow, this does look great. I just don't want to be fooled again.  :laugh: :'(

Game_Over_Man

Are we finally beginning to see some light here?

The premise is great in my opinion, and think this is a sensible route for "rebooting" (shudders at the word) the series, if indeed Fox are thinking about it.

Even as a way "shutting the book" - imagine Ripley and daughter fighting off the Alien in some grande finale. The series deserves an epic conclusion.

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 07, 2014, 11:48:43 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 07, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
This game look like it could be good. I'm not holding my breath on it yet since Sega can easily f**k things up.

I don't think Sega was to blame for A:CM, the blame falls entirely onto GBX and that f**ktard Pitchford.

Sega are the publishers, they are the ones paying them to make the game. Sega can easily step in and f**k things up. They f**k up games before like Sonic 06 for example.

Chaotic-Strike

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 08, 2014, 04:49:02 AM
Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 07, 2014, 11:48:43 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 07, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
This game look like it could be good. I'm not holding my breath on it yet since Sega can easily f**k things up.

I don't think Sega was to blame for A:CM, the blame falls entirely onto GBX and that f**ktard Pitchford.

Sega are the publishers, they are the ones paying them to make the game. Sega can easily step in and f**k things up. They f**k up games before like Sonic 06 for example.
Yeah but after that they made some of Sonic best games such as Sonic Colors and Generations not to mention All-Star Racing.

ikarop

ikarop

Added a few more links and the press release:

Press Release
SEGA® of America, Inc., SEGA® Europe, Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products today announced Alien: Isolation™, a thrilling first-person survival horror experience that will focus on capturing the horror and tension evoked by Ridley Scott's 1979 classic film. Developed by Creative Assembly, Alien: Isolation is due for release in late 2014 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

On a decommissioned trading station in the fringes of space, fear and panic have gripped the inhabitants. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

"In Alien: Isolation, we have taken the series back to the roots of Ridley Scott's 1979 movie, the original survival horror," said Alistair Hope, Creative Lead at Creative Assembly. "Our Alien is a truly terrifying creature, as intelligent as he is hostile, relentless, brutal and unstoppable. This is the Alien game fans of the series have always wanted."

"Creative Assembly has created a truly incredible gaming experience, capturing perfectly the very core of what has made the Alien franchise remain relevant after 35 years," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. "This partnership has led to the creation of a game that is simply outstanding and sets the tone for what is to come this year for the 35th anniversary of Alien."

Alien: Isolation will be available in late 2014 for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, PlayStation®3 system, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. Throughout 2014, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products will be honoring the milestone 35th anniversary with a yearlong celebration marking the beginnings of the Alien legacy by releasing commemorative and fan-favorite products.
[close]

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/07/bringing-1979s-hide-and-seek-horror-to-2014-with-alien-isolati/

Quote"We've got a crafting system where you can create things that help you evade the Alien or defend against it or cause distractions," Napper told us. "At the same time you will find the odd small firearm around the place. It's a large, city-sized space station so there's going to be that sort of thing around.

"At no point are we giving you these huge plasma rifles and M56 smart guns. It's all about that survival horror scrounging, and one of our taglines, like a core pillar of the game has always been 'improvise to survive,' so the stuff you find in the environment is the stuff you want. I think despite there being other threats on the station, you're always worried about what the Alien is doing and where the Alien is. So, a lot of the collecting and everything you do, you're just like, "I'm gonna save this for the Alien!"

The Ultimate Predator

I have to admit, I generally don't get excited about videogames, but this does look like it has a lot of potential, but so do most trailers. However, the reviews and gameplay do look brilliant. Cautiously optimistic for sure.  :)

SpaceMarines

I've got a case of hypetitus-A after that ad. Had me from the retro-styled intro.

Nonetheless, caution remains.

Thomas

Okay why are some of you questioning the whole "they found the black box from the nostromo" thing, this is Weyland Yutani, you can´t trust them.......They lie....... ::)

Also why all the hate on the fact that we get to play as a caracter we´ve only had mentioned in passing in the directors cut of Aliens. It makes sence to me that she (Amanda) would have questions and curiosity about what has happen to her mother and where she could be....... ;)

Im cautiously obtimistic but who of us isn´t worried about this game because of the whole "colonial Marines thing".. :-\

reecebomb

reecebomb

Im very excited, after Prometheus and Colonial Marines, this could be the redemption. We need this!
I wouldn't worry about the gameplay that much, remember some people have already tried the 45minutes playable section and they all are praising the game. Colonial Marines gave nothing this substancial for the previews, it was all talk and lies, even the screenshots were fake.
In my eyes Sega will redeem itselt if Alien: Isolation delivers. 

alanwu1233

Don't screw this up

PLEASE!

Xenoscream

The contrast between Gearbox and CA is huge in the way they are talking about the game.

Instead of some giant geek dropping as many quotes as he can and "playing" the game, we get a whole bunch of game critics invited to play a demo, free to give their own opinion. And when the Devs talked they talked about what they wanted to achieve and how in theory were going to do it, without things like "Badass" flashing up.

You can bet that CA will be taking on board the feedback they received as well since they still have most of the year to polish the game up (and I guess port the WIP into the next gen consoles).

jonc2006

Quote from: AVP1974 on Jan 08, 2014, 08:07:28 AMAlso why all the hate on the fact that we get to play as a caracter we´ve only had mentioned in passing in the directors cut of Aliens. It makes sence to me that she (Amanda) would have questions and curiosity about what has happen to her mother and where she could be....... ;)

My only problem with it is that they are expecting us to swallow the idea that her daughter has an encounter with the same type of creature that her mother did. It's a hell of a coincidence and a bit over the top for me. I'll be fair and say that in the hands of a writer who has actual talent, it could be made to work out, but I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed