Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2024, 12:24:45 PM

Author
Noah Hawley Explains Why ‘Prometheus’ Isn’t “Useful” for His ‘Alien’ Prequel (Read 32,591 times)

T Dog

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2024, 06:22:03 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Jan 14, 2024, 06:17:43 AMif the movie ends up contadicting covenant would we have a canonical impasse?

If it shows aliens existing prior to Covenant without explaining it, that just means David didn't create them.  He only thought he did, and their true origins would remain a mystery.

It's that simple really.
In my head I prefer to think that David stole/recreated a formula for creating the Xeno, in the same way The Engineers stole their tech from the Jockey.

Bojo

The Franchise just seems to be getting messier and messier. It's fun to some extent and I genuinely like the creative talent involved in these projects but the time line, continuity is really starting to lack cohesion and a smooth seamless trajectory. I think for that I'll just stick to the first 3 films and let everyone else have their own fun and creative interpretation of this popular franchise.
It's like a kid playing with Lego without the instructions. Just go wild I guess. Anything to bring in a new audience.

I still think Prometheus had a good amount of potential for it to be it's own singular universe, to some extent.
I desliked Covenant for so many reasons.
Character wise I found them all a load of nothing.
The only character I seemed to actually like died in the first 20 minutes.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I think those complications would still be around, particularly with the Space Jockey. They would just have to give some exposition on screen on why the Engineers aren't the Space Jockey, and if that happens, I would prefer a show don't tell approach because I think that's more impactful.

But I'd rather remove the Engineers in their entirety.

If they show the Engineers worshipping the Space Jockeys, I would totally be fine with that.

oduodu

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 14, 2024, 09:19:25 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2024, 06:22:03 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Jan 14, 2024, 06:17:43 AMif the movie ends up contadicting covenant would we have a canonical impasse?

If it shows aliens existing prior to Covenant without explaining it, that just means David didn't create them.  He only thought he did, and their true origins would remain a mystery.

It's that simple really.
In my head I prefer to think that David stole/recreated a formula for creating the Xeno, in the same way The Engineers stole their tech from the Jockey.

that be wonderful. if only...it .....would happen.

xShadowFoxX

Then all we'd have left is the BLACK GOO.

T Dog

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jan 14, 2024, 09:50:32 AMThen all we'd have left is the BLACK GOO.

The goo was extracted from Xeno DNA and formulated by a mysterious long dead Alien, it's older than they are.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 14, 2024, 10:04:46 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Jan 14, 2024, 09:50:32 AMThen all we'd have left is the BLACK GOO.

The goo was extracted from Xeno DNA and formulated by a mysterious long dead Alien, it's older than they are.

It still lacks any sort of impact and consistency. I'm also pretty sure authors in general don't really know what to do with it, so they just do whatever. Exception being Alex White.

Different story if it was actually derived from the Aliens tho.

Bojo

This is a series that is creatively stuck in the past.
We've had two prequel films, one film that's stuck between two classics and now a TV show ,that's coming our way next year, that's going to be yet another prequel.
Surely there's interesting stories to be told after A:R ?
They don't need to be straight up sequels either.

Just on the basic premise of Alien Romulus (scavenger kids in space) alone sounds like it could have brought the series into the future, especially if you're going to go down the route regarding the after effects of The Auriga crash, a ship that had its own myths and rumours from the outside and now it has  emphatically crashed itself into a bleak, dystopian earth. From outside there's alot questions there about why this came to be.

Maybe the kids in Romulus stumbled upon the famous xeno once again when traversing through space, when all speculation of the beast died out and just became mere myths or rumours.
Creatively I think you have more breathing space (boom,boom) to go from there than to make a film that's wedged between two others, personally speaking.

Chronologically this is a weird franchise. People just want to go further and further back.

oduodu

*sigh* prometheus scripts explains what the goo really is.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: oduodu on Jan 14, 2024, 10:59:00 AM*sigh* prometheus scripts explains what the goo really is.
Is that at all set up on screen?

BlueMarsalis79

Many of the script versions of the Pathogen are contradictory to each other and importantly what ended up on film.

RIP77

RIP77

Confirmed this show is before Covenant? Or before Alien79?

And those of you who are in favor think that he said he was going to change the Alien cycle and reinvent a lot. If you don't mind breaking the canon and it's easy to solve chronologically after Covenant, imagine EVERYTHING you'll do without fear of the fans.

He WILL do what he wants even if you don't like David as a creator. It's one thing not to talk about it and another to break canon.

Characters not talking about David8 is normal. Nobody knows what happened or created the Alien. Only David know.

The characters in the series can investigate in their context without knowing anything about David. An independent plot in the same universe without contradicting but reinventing.

BUT

Setting the series before Covenant and inserting a canonical Alien is ridiculous and childish.

It can be set after Covenant without a problem for the series.

I like that it reinvents and is a risky series but not just because it breaks the canon as something personal without need.

The Alien was created by David and perhaps the engineers before that. David's Alien evolves to survive with the Alien Queen.

There is no justification for setting it before Covenant and for the ALIEN of '79to come out. There are proto-Aliens or a thousand ways to make a Pre Alien.

And I repeat, if you want to include the classic Alien, NOTHING in your plot prevents you from setting it after Covenant.

Classic alien after Covenant.

NOTHING obliges BEFORE in its plot/series.

It's childish and troll just because, because Noah can.

BlueMarsalis79

It is confirmed to be set before Covenant.

xShadowFoxX

H
Quote from: RIP77 on Jan 14, 2024, 11:56:24 AMConfirmed this show is before Covenant? Or before Alien79?

And those of you who are in favor think that he said he was going to change the Alien cycle and reinvent a lot. If you don't mind breaking the canon and it's easy to solve chronologically after Covenant, imagine EVERYTHING you'll do without fear of the fans.

He WILL do what he wants even if you don't like David as a creator. It's one thing not to talk about it and another to break canon.

Not talking about David8 is normal. Nobody knows what happened or created the Alien. only David.

The characters in the series can investigate in their context without knowing anything about David. An independent plot in the same universe without contradicting but reinventing.

BUT

Setting the series before Covenant and inserting a canonical Alien is ridiculous and childish.

It can be set after Covenant without a problem for the series.

I like that it reinvents and is a risky series but not just because it breaks the canon as something personal without need.

The Alien was created by David and perhaps the engineers before that. David's Alien evolves to survive with the Alien Queen.

There is no justification for setting it before Covenant and for the ALIEN of '79to come out. There are proto-Aliens or a thousand ways to make a Pre Alien.

And I repeat, if you want to include the classic Alien, NOTHING in your plot prevents you from setting it after Covenant.

Classic alien after Covenant.

NOTHING obliges BEFORE in its plot/series.

It's childish and troll just because, because Noah can.

Hmm hmm. Okay?

RIP77

RIP77

Sorry my english.

I Studied  a few years when is not obligated in my country. Now ( since a lot of years ago) is obligated since little boy but in 1970 not. I understand english but write like a robot. Ex-presidents my country not know english for example. IS not excuse is reality for people old in my country. People young  know english very good of course, more prepared.

I understand  read to me is complicated, sorry. BUT i am A.I

Return comment Alien:

Classic alien  ONLY after Covenant.

NOTHING obligate BEFORE in his  plot/series.

It's  troll  because, because Noah can.

His show after Covenant is equal show.

Before  Covenant is equal show but break canon.

Is troll.

I Like Noah and change Alien, renovated Alien in his  style. Is godd for me BUT is easy , easy NOT break canon. ONLY chronologic AFTER Covenant. EASY.

HIS plot equal BEFORE AND AFTER.

NOAH IS little boy, and Troll.

Alien Classic only after Covenant. IS easy.

Nothing Characters  knows David after Covenant. Nothing knows who created Alien. Only publico ( we ) not characters.

Can change origins Alien en HIS CONTEXT BUT after Covenant becose characters not know David8 and  information of  Covenant.

Reinvent Alien ok but not break only like  troll.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed