Gender Identity (Transgenderism)

Started by Predator Queen, Feb 22, 2015, 09:26:50 AM

Author
Gender Identity (Transgenderism) (Read 7,945 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predator Queen on Feb 28, 2015, 12:33:36 AM
I did not expect to be talking about this today.

Apologizes. I was genuinely curious.

Son Of Kane

I'm on Tumblr and I have a friend who is "Otherkin" so...

Thanks for that guys.

Sabby

Sabby

Oh, and when I spend the day comforting a friend whose killing herself on hormone treatments in preparation for gender reassignment she probably can't afford and is afraid to go outside because police may arrest her on suspicion of her ID not having the right gender, I'm not supposed to express any offense when someone on the internet claims to have the soul of a Dragon or a Pegasus and demands I recognize their struggle?

Sorry, I'm not putting these next to each other and respecting them as equals. I don't know the situation with your friend, but if they identify as Otherkin, they are either misusing the word or are delusional.

Actually, screw it, here's the definition guys.

Quote from: Urban DictionaryOtherkin are a fringe group of human society who, for one reason or another, believe themselves to be the reincarnation of mythic creatures, typically elves, though others include dragons, demons, vampires, ogres, deities, and so on. Related groups include therianthropes, who believe themselves reincarnations of animal souls, and otakin/otakukin, people who think they are reincarnations of fictitious characters from Japanese anime, manga, and video games.

Otherkin often find themselves the subject of ridicule. In the majority of cases, it is because their beliefs fly in the face of rational, critical thinking and tend to fall apart very quickly under hard scrutiny. One of the most common beliefs is of an Elven Holocaust in which humankind supposedly wiped the elves from the Earth, despite the fact that no such evidence, archaeological or otherwise, exists anywhere in the geologic record either for the supposed holocaust, let alone the existence of elves.

Other aspects common to Otherkin belief include a sense of superiority over their fellow human beings. This takes a variety of forms, such as a tendency to ascribe positive aspects of the human personality as something only unique to Otherkin. "Mundanes", the rest of humanity who do not share their beliefs or are simply unaware of them, are looked down upon as inferior brutes.

Otherkin often exhibit certain personality traits common to dissociative disorders and manic depression. This includes what are known as grandiose, persecutory, and religious delusions.

This combination makes them very unpopular.

Respect their struggle guys, they're born in the wrong body.

Son Of Kane

Yes fair enough, it's idiotic but calling someone mentally ill for using Tumblr is taking it a bit far I think.

Sabby

Sabby

That's what you took offense to? Might have wanted to clarify that, because that's not what it looked like.

Son Of Kane

Sorry, I should've done.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 07:07:18 PM
I'm on Tumblr and I have a friend who is "Otherkin" so...

Thanks for that guys.

I hate to be the one to say it, but if someone genuinely believes they are "otherkin", they may be suffering from species dysphoria.

Son Of Kane

Oh she does have dysphoria, the idea just comforts her.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well there you go. I always thought believing oneself to be otherkin meant having an over-active imagination. I never thought it would mean an actual mental disorder.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2015, 03:21:42 PM
Well there you go. I always thought believing oneself to be otherkin meant having an over-active imagination. I never thought it would mean an actual mental disorder.

Well, she feels she has kinship with Foxes- but not that extinct elfs B.S.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fascinating. Does it affect her behaviour in any way?

Son Of Kane

Not really, just that she likes to put on face paint to make her look animalistic sometimes for fun, and it's kinda ironic that she takes care of rabbits Hahahaha.

But other than that she's perfectly normal.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Is she a, "fox in bed"? Ha-ha!!

Sorry, I had to ;)

Sabby

Sabby

I'm confused, does she identify as having the soul of a fox? What you're describing doesn't sound like being Otherkin, it just sounds like she likes foxes.

Son Of Kane

No, Kin- as in family.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed