NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,741 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I just think its a liiiitle bit of a stretch to compare a humanoid alien reptile(?) to man and assume their biology would play by our rules. If it has extra mandibles its fair to assume its clan evolved those at some point for some reason.

Kradan

Kradan

Extra mandibles ? Where ? I thought he just had upper ones upside down

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 18, 2020, 03:15:17 PM
How many humans have a completely different jaw bone structure?
These are mandibles...on an alien species...why can't they be different?
Your logic makes no sense.
You accept vastly different cranial structures on different Preds, but a different mouth causes you problems?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 20, 2020, 07:31:57 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 18, 2020, 03:15:17 PM
How many humans have a completely different jaw bone structure?
These are mandibles...on an alien species...why can't they be different?
Your logic makes no sense.
You accept vastly different cranial structures on different Preds, but a different mouth causes you problems?

Honestly, his logic absolutely makes sense and so does yours. It's a fictional alien race. It's just a matter of taste.

So if cats were fictional...

And you wanted to design a cat with a different jaw structure because it makes you happy...

I say go for it!

;D

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Now that's a cat that would meow out of the side of it's mouth...

Kradan

Kradan

OK, can one say that Predators may differ in appearance in spite of the the fact they resemble humans to such degree?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

You can say whatever you want my good man. Based on what we've see generally on Earth, it generally sides with what 426Buddy is saying.  Among its species, something like that bull-dogator would be a deformity among it's precise species, while general height, length, head-shape, skin tone, etc. can still vary.

However, it is not of Earth, so who can say for certain.  The only thing I can say about it is... I think it's awful and I hate it.  ;D

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 20, 2020, 05:39:16 PM

Now that's a cat that would meow out of the side of it's mouth...

:laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 20, 2020, 07:44:18 PM
However, it is not of Earth, so who can say for certain.  The only thing I can say about it is... I think it's awful and I hate it.  ;D

Oh, that I can certainly get behind

Tichinde

Tichinde

Here's my thoughts on it. the Bulldogator seems really unnecessary unless it gets an explanation given. For instance, the glow in the dark kenner predators from Neca got an interesting backstory basically stating that they were some of the original yautja on a remote part of yautja prime that was really dark and they adapted some evolutionary bio-luminescence to be able to see each other in this dark climate. The reason they glow is the adaptation of the skin which is translucent basically allowing their blood to flow through.

Why is that cool? it gives a cool reason for why the Predator's blood glows, and it furthers the tiny bits of lore we know of the yautja. If they do something to explain the bulldogator like that, I can accept it. As it stands though, based on the packaging, I'm disappointed they dropped a variant predator in with no explanation at all.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Time will tell!

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 20, 2020, 08:05:17 PM

You must loved the Predalien. Love it!!!

And at least its jaws aren't deformed!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Tichinde on Aug 20, 2020, 08:09:57 PM
Here's my thoughts on it. the Bulldogator seems really unnecessary unless it gets an explanation given. For instance, the glow in the dark kenner predators from Neca got an interesting backstory basically stating that they were some of the original yautja on a remote part of yautja prime that was really dark and they adapted some evolutionary bio-luminescence to be able to see each other in this dark climate. The reason they glow is the adaptation of the skin which is translucent basically allowing their blood to flow through.

Why is that cool? it gives a cool reason for why the Predator's blood glows, and it furthers the tiny bits of lore we know of the yautja. If they do something to explain the bulldogator like that, I can accept it. As it stands though, based on the packaging, I'm disappointed they dropped a variant predator in with no explanation at all.

But we saw in the original one that Predators without their masks do not see as humans (whatever AvP games say about the matter - it was just gameplay necessarity) so is darkness gonna be that much of an issue for them anyway ?

To clarify, I'm just nitpicking for fun

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 20, 2020, 08:17:40 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 20, 2020, 08:05:17 PM

You must loved the Predalien. Love it!!!

And at least its jaws aren't deformed!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/y8fXirTJjj6E0/giphy.gif

I love these bad boys

Honestly, no one pulled it off better than Dorman did what ... almost 30 years ago ?

Chet is kinda redeemed only by the fact she has IMO cool silhouette

I certainly prefer some of concept art pieces they did for AVPR:

IMO they should've gone full-on Predator or Alien with Chet. Final result just looks like neither of them and plain cartoony. Also, something you love to bitch about Crabators - IMO Chet has over-sized head

SiL

SiL

Chet is an awful bobble-headed design that looks like it has pigtails.

You could hear Steve Wang's soul dying as he was forced to add pecs over the ribcage and enlarge the dreadlocks.

Tichinde

Tichinde

wish the idea that they skinned made it into the film. Would have been cool imo

Master

Master

I always say it. If they must add dreadlocks on Predalien, make them as sort of spikes arranged in parallel with elongated  head.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

AVP2010 has my favorite Predalien design, but I wish they'd left the dreads off. The mandibles are enough to let you know who the host species was  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed