NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,737 times)

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

Lava planet predator in youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZXa3v3ZnY#

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

Anyone here got their hands on the series 10 figures yet? The release date seems to keep getting pushed back in the uk.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Huntress84 on Oct 20, 2013, 04:14:46 PM
Anyone here got their hands on the series 10 figures yet? The release date seems to keep getting pushed back in the uk.
I checked my local TRU last week... nothing... checked the website... nothing either! I'm still waiting since it was supposedly sent out last week.

JaredK21

JaredK21

This set is very cool! Really fun figures. I wasn't going to get these initially but after seeing them in person, I was very impressed by the overall look and paint jobs. I also love all the new tooling they put into these guys...it's very refreshing to see from all the same Pred parts we consistently get. These guys actually look like brand new sculpts even though they are still largely reused parts.  I think it's the paint that helps achieve that.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I NEED these but I cant purchase things from online...I hope my TRU picks them up...

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 26, 2013, 08:30:43 AM
I NEED these but I cant purchase things from online...I hope my TRU picks them up...

Online stores are still stuck at the pre-order stage, so far you're not missing anything.
It would be nice if the figures get an actual shelf presence, but more and more places seem to be carrying less and less stock. TRU stores might get them in for Christmas though, who knows.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

BBTS.com has them in stock.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 26, 2013, 08:30:43 AM
You can't? Personal choice or what? Also, my local TRU has yet to carry them... the website still doesn't have them listed!

Leventa24

Leventa24

I wouldn't worry too much. TRU is pretty slow with this sort of stuff in general, but they've been pretty good about stocking NECA Predator stuff. You'll have plenty of opportunity to grab these guys off the shelves, after an initial rush. Picked these guys up myself recently and I really love them. I was a big fan of the Kenner stuff as a kid, so it actually meant quite a bit to me to open these new guys up after nearly 15-20 years of fond memories.

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

I've ordered Nightstorm, he was a definite right from the get-go. Loving the gold and black scheme, the removable helmet and the human skull staff is perfect for him. He looks both regal and badass.

Lava planet I'm not sure about, not a big fan of the half-cloaked thing he has going on.

Hive Wars just seems like just another LT repaint, although the glaive/scythe weapon he comes with is pretty cool.

Leventa24

Leventa24

Oddly enough, even though the Hive Wars Predator was my least favorite going into this wave, I actually ended up liking him quite a bit. Something about his colors and detail just doesn't come through pictures very well. He has a lot of cool unique bits or armor, his colors look great in person, his wristblades are awesome, his mask has a wonderful texture to it and his glaive is indeed badass. Now he's one of my favorite figures that NECA has ever produced.

ArcticHuntress

ArcticHuntress

Quote from: Leventa24 on Oct 30, 2013, 07:07:04 PM
Oddly enough, even though the Hive Wars Predator was my least favorite going into this wave, I actually ended up liking him quite a bit. Something about his colors and detail just doesn't come through pictures very well. He has a lot of cool unique bits or armor, his colors look great in person, his wristblades are awesome, his mask has a wonderful texture to it and his glaive is indeed badass. Now he's one of my favorite figures that NECA has ever produced.

I'll probably end up buying them both anyway, :laugh:
Being blue he reminds me a little of the Mad Predator from the Capcom arcade game. I hope Neca does a few Predator and Alien figures from that game sometime in the future.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm at my local toys r us for an interview right now and I have some time to kill before it begins. My store has the whole line up so after I finish I will probably leave with 1 or 2

Requiem28

Requiem28

I'm not really interested in the Kenner wave.  It's a nice homage and much better than their typical re-paints though.

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

Great pictures! Can't wait to get these!!

Quote from: JaredK21 on Oct 26, 2013, 04:49:47 AM
This set is very cool! Really fun figures. I wasn't going to get these initially but after seeing them in person, I was very impressed by the overall look and paint jobs. I also love all the new tooling they put into these guys...it's very refreshing to see from all the same Pred parts we consistently get. These guys actually look like brand new sculpts even though they are still largely reused parts.  I think it's the paint that helps achieve that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed