NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,217,275 times)

Master

Master

Yeah I understand, just never was able to notice this albino one.

WickerMan

WickerMan

A: he was miscast in that part from day 1. What they did in P2 didn't work as far as human characters go. Preds were great though

Q: Who was miscast? The referenced tweet appears private.

A: Danny Glover in P2

Pretty disappointing, here I was holding out a slim bit of hope that we'd see a Harrigan someday.  :-\ Oh well, maybe Hot Toys will come to the rescue.

Master

Master

Glover? A miscast? They clearly don't know what predator is about.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I love Predator 2, but I never felt Danny Glover was a great choice for Harrigan. Dutch was like the prime example of human ability (the character) matched up against the ultimate hunter. Harrigan was a mediocre follow-up, as played by Glover.

Think of the scene towards the beginning of the movie, where they see the drug cartel guy hanging from the ceiling. Danny calculates the guy's weight and the distance to the ceiling and turns to Harrigan and says "you couldn't drag him up there!" My initial reaction, even the first time I saw it in 1992 was, "no shit, he's a regular guy like the rest of us."

The comment was obviously written to make Harrigan look stronger and tougher than he is...and he's honestly just kind of a chubby older guy.

So yeah, Danny Glover was not a great choice for Harrigan, but he's what we've got. I love the movie despite Glover, not because of him. He's a good actor, and I like him in a lot of other things, but he wouldn't have been my choice.

Master

Master

Chubby older guy? come on he was just 44, in his prime. He was perfect for the role of violent cop just as Arnold was perfect for hi end commando. Predator formula is action movie with creature in it . When you put too much focus on monster the formula fails, that's why new films are not working.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: WickerMan on Apr 28, 2013, 07:17:50 PM
A: he was miscast in that part from day 1. What they did in P2 didn't work as far as human characters go. Preds were great though

Pretty disappointing, here I was holding out a slim bit of hope that we'd see a Harrigan someday.  :-\ Oh well, maybe Hot Toys will come to the rescue.

No love for poor Harrigan   :(   :-\    :-[   C´mon! Danny Glover´s character deserves the same credits as Dutch! I would like to see a figure of Harrigan, even a custom.

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: WickerMan on Apr 28, 2013, 07:17:50 PM

Definitely disagree with Randy there.  I thought Glover was great as Harrigan, and I loved Jerry and even Danny too. Leona did get annoying though. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I like Harrigan precisely because he's very different from Arnold. I don't want a retread of Arnold's character, and thankfully the sequel movies have gotten that. Harrigan and Royce are very different from Dutch, and that's a good thing.

ScarPredator14

ScarPredator14

Im happy with my dutch fig. Although it would be nice to see harrigan or royce.

crazypredator2

crazypredator2

I believe royce would sell well.

Master

Master

I'd definitely buy Harrigan's figure and put him next do Dutch or Pussyface. He is as much part of legacy as Arnold. Sad some people can't see it.

Peakius Baragonius

Harrigan rules!

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Master on Apr 29, 2013, 11:49:33 AM
I'd definitely buy Harrigan's figure and put him next do Dutch or Pussyface. He is as much part of legacy as Arnold. Sad some people can't see it.

I wouldn't call it "sad," he just wasn't the best option they could have used for Harrigan. And I wouldn't say he's as much a part of the legacy as Arnold. Ask people who was in Predator, and everyone will say Arnold. Ask them who was in Predator 2, and they'll have to think for a minute, or just not be able to answer. Sure, we know, but I wouldn't call Danny Glover an iconic part of the Predator series for the general public.

And don't get me wrong, I love Predator 2, and I like Harrigan. Hell, I would preorder the action figure. But if I take a step back, and take my "Predator Apologist" hat off, I can't say he was the best follow-up to Arnold.

Being a fan doesn't mean you can't accept criticism on your favorite franchise.

Master

Master

Oh come on Skeez. Don`t treat me as some hardcore fanboy, you know I`m not. But from options we could have in P2 who`d be better "Violent Cop" character the Glover? Patrick Swayze?

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Oh no, definitely not the Swayz!  :o

If Carl Wethers wasn't in Predator, I'd say he would have been perfect. And I like that they used someone of color for P2. Do I have the solution for this miscasting? Admittedly not, but I do feel the role was miscast.

Just think of it this way...if Dutch walked down the street, you'd think he was badass. If Harrigan walked down the street, you wouldn't even notice him.

And hey, whether we like it or not, we're all kind of hardcore fanboys on here!  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed