NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,697 times)

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 21, 2012, 04:30:07 PM
Im stickin with the dreadlocks are sensory related. Makes sense that the predalien would have em them.

yeh, i had taht idea aswell. it's quite a good one too. actually you are the first one i have seen taht also thinks this, usually the idea is just plain ignored and declared dumb by predalien haters.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Shadow on Aug 21, 2012, 11:37:12 AM

i always like to think that the Preds dreads are not hair as we know it, and they are not braided hair into dreads as we know it. they look like rubber of some sort, each dread are a thick rubbery thing that grew that way. Now, Aliens don't copy hair (see dog alien), however they do copy other body parts (mostly), including predator mandibles. now why wouldn't it copy tentacly body growths?. proof is in preds skulls, they have sockets for each dread.

I never thought the dreads were hair, i call them "dreads" just because they look like dreads, but i really think the "dreads" are tentacles  ;)

It gives a lovecraftian feeling to the Predators  8)

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Tribal on Aug 21, 2012, 07:15:38 PM

i always like to think that the Preds dreads are not hair as we know it, and they are not braided hair into dreads as we know it. they look like rubber of some sort, each dread are a thick rubbery thing that grew that way. Now, Aliens don't copy hair (see dog alien), however they do copy other body parts (mostly), including predator mandibles. now why wouldn't it copy tentacly body growths?. proof is in preds skulls, they have sockets for each dread.

I never thought the dreads were hair, i call them "dreads" just because they look like dreads, but i really think the "dreads" are tentacles  ;)

It gives a lovecraftian feeling to the Predators  8)

cool, another guy that have views on the predalien, just in my taste :)

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

To me, they're just miscellaneous appendages or something, maybe even a cooling system or whatnot.

Master

Master

Well, I`d think they are like our hair. I love Idea of alien creature with hair.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Master on Aug 21, 2012, 10:17:41 PM
Well, I`d think they are like our hair. I love Idea of alien creature with hair.

might serve a similar purpose, but i doubt it is hair in the same manner as we have. each dread is one dread, not alot of thin hairs. at lesat that's fact, but nvm, you never said so anyways. just that its a similar thing. design wise it's meant to look like hair-ish stuff.

Master

Master

We`ll probably never get the answer. Fact is he was designed to look very human and inhuman at themsae time, which is briliant. Oh Stan how I miss you.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 21, 2012, 02:49:53 AM
I'm digging the design that Tribal posted.... surely one of the better predalien designs. The "hair" actually sorta works on that one.. as well as the predator like skin...

OK, this is irelevant to if it looks good or not, i admit that much, but it's good to try and find a reasoning behind WHY they are there instead, and try to ACCEPT them. i did. i think we can't get away from all predalien designs being cursed by dreads, to be honest.

but i agree that the AvP3 predalien is cooler than AvPR. it have more ribs and more alien details instead of muscle, the muscle bugs me more than the draeds to be honest.
According to the EU, the dreadlocks definitely aren't hair. On a Predator skull you can see the spots where the dreadlocks literally grow out of the skull, and in some of the comics and videogames when the dreadlocks are cut, they actually bleed green Predator blood. Hair doesn't usually bleed. :P

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 22, 2012, 04:33:37 AM
I'm digging the design that Tribal posted.... surely one of the better predalien designs. The "hair" actually sorta works on that one.. as well as the predator like skin...

OK, this is irelevant to if it looks good or not, i admit that much, but it's good to try and find a reasoning behind WHY they are there instead, and try to ACCEPT them. i did. i think we can't get away from all predalien designs being cursed by dreads, to be honest.

but i agree that the AvP3 predalien is cooler than AvPR. it have more ribs and more alien details instead of muscle, the muscle bugs me more than the draeds to be honest.
According to the EU, the dreadlocks definitely aren't hair. On a Predator skull you can see the spots where the dreadlocks literally grow out of the skull, and in some of the comics and videogames when the dreadlocks are cut, they actually bleed green Predator blood. Hair doesn't usually bleed. :P

yeh, makes sence too. but all in all, i think that's ther eason why a predalien have draeds too. they might fill some sirt of function. but as said, we'll never know for sure, it's jus ta brilliant design.

dloiphone

dloiphone

I'm very new to this = what sizes do these came in? We're these the 6" figures?

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: dloiphone on Aug 29, 2012, 05:39:28 AM
I'm very new to this = what sizes do these came in? We're these the 6" figures?

yeh, its 7" more correctly. but the yare usually closer to 8"

Master

Master

Quote from: Shadow on Aug 22, 2012, 10:21:43 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 22, 2012, 04:33:37 AM

yeh, makes sence too. but all in all, i think that's ther eason why a predalien have draeds too. they might fill some sirt of function. but as said, we'll never know for sure, it's jus ta brilliant design.

That`s cool, but I don`t take EU as canon. Whatever they are, they do look like hair (very thick, but still) and, as I said earlier, I like it.

von

von

just got my hands on the very impressive final 3! ;D don't ask me where i live, you'd probably already know  :D

happy hunting the hunters, people!!

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Gotta tell me if ur in America and on the East coast. I need these figures!

von

von

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 31, 2012, 12:40:04 PM
Gotta tell me if ur in America and on the East coast. I need these figures!

asia, bro  :) you should be seeing them in no time. they are well worth the agonizing wait! good luck

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed