NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,742 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Makes a change from certain staff being rude to any critics.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: littlesprout on Oct 10, 2023, 06:30:19 AMIt's a shame to hear these posts. I remember how excited and enthusiastic NECA and the fans were to announce the new waves of alien and predator figures. Now it seems like the consensus is they've gone stale.

Personally, I'd love to see the entire AVP 2010 line released, especially the matriarch variant of the queen. An updated wolf and requiem figures.

And lastly - this would be a long shot - I always thought it'd be cool if you could custom build predator figures. Maybe pay 50/60 bucks but you can design your mask, paint job, head sculpt and gear. Same with the aliens.
Don´t get me wrong: despite its flaws, I LOVE NECA PREDATORS and I collected most of them and I´m decided to get the Feral along the remaining tribe lost figures. My personal issue is that NECA is no longer honest or clear in terms of communications. NECA was very known and recognized because of its reply and attention to customers and you know exactly what do expect from them in terms of what figures they could make and release and what not. For instance: the case of Konami. When NECA had troubles with the Japanese company, they widely announced they would make no more business with them and that´s it.
My point here in this case that NECA could be more transparent and say if they still hold the license or they would wrap it and that´s it. Also, it would be nice from them if at least could tell the reason why Wolf wasn´t released yet so far.

Quote from: littlesprout on Oct 10, 2023, 06:30:19 AMPersonally, I'd love to see the entire AVP 2010 line released, especially the matriarch variant of the queen. An updated wolf and requiem figures.

Me too! So far, from the AVP 2010 videogame, Neca had released the Serpent Hunter and that´s it. I would like to see the main predator and some alien stuff and why not, the Rookie and Tequila.
Personally, I would like to see the bad blood bunch from the third Predator movie into its ultimate form, afterall the original molds or figures are way too old and there´s a lot of room for improve, I guess.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2023, 09:27:38 AMMakes a change from certain staff being rude to any critics.

Yeah, Randy can be quite difficult. I just realized people named Randy mixing with the Alien/Predator franchise frequently make the fans angry... :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Now, now! We can't besmirch the name - Randy Stradley is one of our high lords, after all.  ;D

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Honestly sometimes Randy came off as a opinionated jerk. I remember back during the days of Mortal Kombat X, quite a few people, myself included asked if they could make the Baraka Xenomorph.

And his reply was something along the lines of:

"We can't make that one, but we wouldn't if we could. It's stupid."

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 11, 2023, 02:31:43 AMHonestly sometimes Randy came off as a opinionated jerk.

I remember back during the days of Mortal Kombat X, quite a few people, myself included asked if they could make the Baraka Xenomorph.

I still recall as yesterday when everybody asked him why NECA never released an Albert Wesker figure and his reply was something like, "it´s just a generic Neo (matrix)".
WTF!?  :o  >:( If there´re possible customers and I have the license or at least could get it, it would be dumb if I don´t do it.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Gridseeker on Oct 11, 2023, 02:41:57 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 11, 2023, 02:31:43 AMHonestly sometimes Randy came off as a opinionated jerk.

I remember back during the days of Mortal Kombat X, quite a few people, myself included asked if they could make the Baraka Xenomorph.

I still recall as yesterday when everybody asked him why NECA never released an Albert Wesker figure and his reply was something like, "it´s just a generic Neo (matrix)".
WTF!?  :o  >:( If there´re possible customers and I have the license or at least could get it, it would be dumb if I don´t do it.

Yeah whatever his thoughts on particular characters are, are irrelevant. If there is a demand, you supply it. Keep your opinions on what you think of characters to yourself, ya f**king douche. You'd think that would be in Brand Manager training.

I don't care what you think of the Baraka Xenomorph. Just make the damn toy.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Kinda based honest, the Barakamorph did look like shit.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 11, 2023, 02:32:05 PMKinda based honest, the Barakamorph did look like shit.

How so? Because looking at the design. I don't see anything that really makes it do terrible. It looks like a Xenomorph born from Baraka.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The tiny head for one thing, never mind the muscular shoulders and overall build, the ridiculous looking teeth.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 11, 2023, 04:18:49 PMThe tiny head for one thing, never mind the muscular shoulders and overall build, the ridiculous looking teeth.
Yeah, I do I agree that it does look off. It's like if asking for a redesign  :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 11, 2023, 04:18:49 PMThe tiny head for one thing, never mind the muscular shoulders and overall build, the ridiculous looking teeth.
Well I mean the teeth are kinda on-brand, given the host.

But yeah, Randy having unilateral veto power based on what he personally liked vs what would actually sell is beyond dumb.

SiL

SiL

If I saw the Mortal Kombat Alien on a shelf I'd assume it was a cheap knockoff and be very surprised to see it was an actual capital-a Alien.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Oct 12, 2023, 04:55:08 AMIf I saw the Mortal Kombat Alien on a shelf I'd assume it was a cheap knockoff and be very surprised to see it was an actual capital-a Alien.
For every MK Alien you don't buy, I will buy THREE.  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed