NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,844 times)

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 22, 2023, 05:26:24 AM
Quote from: pmaz11 on Sep 22, 2023, 01:21:34 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 22, 2023, 12:23:22 AMI have noticed that this figure has hands sculpted for some of the accessories we were shown early on but didn't make into the final figure.
There's a cupped hand to hold a loose netball and a pinching hand to hold the chain cutter device.

Interesting, I can't remember if I had seen anything that showed those before. Any chance you have an image of what you were shown early that had some of the other accessories? Just curious my friend.

Here's the original lineup of accessories

Ah yes! Not sure how I forgot seeing this before, but good find. Still cool to see the other prototype accessories, and I suppose like we've said before. Maybe a battle damaged version of Feral may have other items, who knows.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Does he have only one mine? Or what is that round thing?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 25, 2023, 07:01:54 AMDoes he have only one mine? Or what is that round thing?
That is the "Net ball" as I call it, he throws it and it unfurls and turns his enemies into dog food. His mines or bombs are three that come out of his wrist gauntlet but are not seen on the figure as the gauntlet is in the closed position. Neca decided to sculpt the net ball on the back of the figure inside its carrying pouch.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

According to Preternia, NECA still has the Predator license, is planning to make new figures in the future, has no plans to do Wolf Predator at this time, and is planning to focus on "new" Predators instead of older ones (whatever that means).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Linky link?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 06, 2023, 04:30:58 AMAccording to Preternia, NECA still has the Predator license, is planning to make new figures in the future, has no plans to do Wolf Predator at this time, and is planning to focus on "new" Predators instead of older ones (whatever that means).

Give me a goddamn break. Seriously with the Wolf Predator? The one literally EVERYONE IS ASKING FOR? No plans for that?

And what the hell does "new" Predators even mean? Stuff from Marvel Comics? Because that's the only new Predator stuff since Prey.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 09, 2023, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 06, 2023, 04:30:58 AMAccording to Preternia, NECA still has the Predator license, is planning to make new figures in the future, has no plans to do Wolf Predator at this time, and is planning to focus on "new" Predators instead of older ones (whatever that means).

Give me a goddamn break. Seriously with the Wolf Predator? The one literally EVERYONE IS ASKING FOR? No plans for that?

And what the hell does "new" Predators even mean? Stuff from Marvel Comics? Because that's the only new Predator stuff since Prey.

Maybe stuff from the "expanded" universe, as videogames (I swear that one day, NECA said they were interested in the Predators from the AVP2 PC game). Still, I´m also pissed off why on the Earth NECA hasn´t released yet the ultimate Wolf Predator and I bet they´re aware that is by far the most sought and asked figure from the franchise.

Mike’s Monsters

Is this in a video or tweet? I can't find it on my end.

Still Collating...

It would be weird if they still have the license to Alien and Predator but decide to say absolutely nothing about the lines in like a year now. At a recent convention they only had the Feral, not even the old predators they like to show of from time to time, and nothing from Alien.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 09, 2023, 09:33:05 AMLinky link?
This was told to me by Preternia in a discord server, sorry.

I think toyark had a similar statement in one of their 2023 Toy Fair articles but I might be mis-remembering.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 09, 2023, 10:14:15 PMIt would be weird if they still have the license to Alien and Predator but decide to say absolutely nothing about the lines in like a year now. At a recent convention they only had the Feral, not even the old predators they like to show of from time to time, and nothing from Alien.
And to add injure to the insult, nowadays NECA doesn´t answer any inquiry or question, when in the old days NECA response at SN were one of its strenghts. What happened there, NECA?  >:(

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Something just ain't right with this line anymore. There is no convincing me otherwise.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Gridseeker on Oct 10, 2023, 01:16:05 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 09, 2023, 10:14:15 PMIt would be weird if they still have the license to Alien and Predator but decide to say absolutely nothing about the lines in like a year now. At a recent convention they only had the Feral, not even the old predators they like to show of from time to time, and nothing from Alien.
And to add injure to the insult, nowadays NECA doesn´t answer any inquiry or question, when in the old days NECA response at SN were one of its strenghts. What happened there, NECA?  >:(
That's the most infuriating part, they don't answer questions. Just literal years of silence.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 10, 2023, 05:39:52 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Oct 10, 2023, 01:16:05 AM
That's the most infuriating part, they don't answer questions. Just literal years of silence.
Moreover, NECA was usually quite honest when it comes to reply questions related with franchise licenses,  ownerships or issues. In fact, I still remember when NECA itself complained about how things went sour with Konami.

littlesprout

littlesprout

It's a shame to hear these posts. I remember how excited and enthusiastic NECA and the fans were to announce the new waves of alien and predator figures. Now it seems like the consensus is they've gone stale.

Personally, I'd love to see the entire AVP 2010 line released, especially the matriarch variant of the queen. An updated wolf and requiem figures.

And lastly - this would be a long shot - I always thought it'd be cool if you could custom build predator figures. Maybe pay 50/60 bucks but you can design your mask, paint job, head sculpt and gear. Same with the aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed