NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,794 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jonesy Not Expendable on Jan 07, 2023, 06:49:31 AMI'm in the UK and get the majority of my stuff from emporium of cool.

Thank you for reminding me this website existed btw!

Jonesy Not Expendable

They've been my go to choice for a while now. A large portion of my neca collection has been pre ordered through them and they've always been great.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I really wish a company would take the hot toys concept and bring it to the Neca sized scale

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's pretty much Mezco.

Master

Master

Isn't it in smaller scale though? Mezco is 1:12 and NECA/Mcfarlane is 1:10 IIRC.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is, but nearly nothing else does 1:10.

Master

Master

I've got some Mortal Kombat figures made by storm collectibles and they're also 1:10.

I've seen this Mezco Predator and it's magnificent, but I won't drop my entire collection for new, smaller scale  :laugh:

pmaz11

pmaz11

What is the realistic chance % that we will actually get this Feral Predator they announced with that prototype?  :P

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on Jan 15, 2023, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 12, 2023, 01:19:29 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 11, 2023, 02:21:13 PM
Quote from: happypred on Jan 11, 2023, 09:27:35 AMHope Neca keeps the licence at least until they give us Ultimate Wolf and Feral.

Might be a case of Disney demanding higher royalties?

Mike's Monsters said that the word of mouth is they're letting the license expire. Which retroactively means, to me at least, the license is not profitable anymore to keep.
I'd be ok with McFarlane picking up the license.

Yeah, recently I picked some of Avatar figures from McFarlane and I'll be damn. Appart of some rudimentary painting issues, I'm impressed by cost to quality ratio.
Their DC figures have been largely solid, too.

Dr. Von Predator

Quote from: pmaz11 on Jan 19, 2023, 12:32:31 AMWhat is the realistic chance % that we will actually get this Feral Predator they announced with that prototype?  :P

They keep telling fans that there is no new announcement at this time. It's their fallback. I'm beginning to assume they're having licensing issues, so as to whether we see Feral at all, perhaps not. But sometimes they also take a long time to release announced figures. Hopefully they release this one before they lose the license, if not already.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 19, 2023, 12:44:50 AM
Quote from: Master on Jan 15, 2023, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 12, 2023, 01:19:29 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 11, 2023, 02:21:13 PM
Quote from: happypred on Jan 11, 2023, 09:27:35 AMHope Neca keeps the licence at least until they give us Ultimate Wolf and Feral.

Might be a case of Disney demanding higher royalties?

Mike's Monsters said that the word of mouth is they're letting the license expire. Which retroactively means, to me at least, the license is not profitable anymore to keep.
I'd be ok with McFarlane picking up the license.

Yeah, recently I picked some of Avatar figures from McFarlane and I'll be damn. Appart of some rudimentary painting issues, I'm impressed by cost to quality ratio.
Their DC figures have been largely solid, too.
Mcfarlane pretty much started the whole adult action figure market and the idea to sell them at record stores, I remember when Spawn first came out and Tod was on the commercial introducing the toys, I loved the movie maniacs line even though half of them were statues. His products have always looked great( not always movie accurate though) but were very fragile and would always break, His DC figures lack paint detail but that is to keep the price down and still have the scults and articulation. They are also fairly durable and wil hold up to rough play ( I don't play with my toys in the sandbox or pool anymore. lol) I still cant understand how he keeps them cheaper then neca and Hasbro but still has like 15 Batmans with new sculpts every month.

Master

Master

It's 3d printing I guess. Mcfarlane lacks in painting and accessories. I like Avatar figures but only one calm face of e.g. Neytiri breaks it for me since half of the character is in her emotional expression. Interchangeable heads would've been nice.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Master on Jan 21, 2023, 09:37:44 AMIt's 3d printing I guess. Mcfarlane lacks in painting and accessories. I like Avatar figures but only one calm face of e.g. Neytiri breaks it for me since half of the character is in her emotional expression. Interchangeable heads would've been nice.
And he can't include guns with DC characters anymore but he got arounds that by still molding their hand with a trigger finger and selling all the guns in a separate pack the doesn't mention dc anywhere.

Master

Master

That's interesting,  I didn't know that.

I'm preparing to make Predators hunting camp diorama. I need Ak-47 in scale for one of the decorations and it was included in first McFarlane accesory ( munitions) pack and I missed it 😫

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Master on Jan 21, 2023, 09:04:24 PMThat's interesting,  I didn't know that.

I'm preparing to make Predators hunting camp diorama. I need Ak-47 in scale for one of the decorations and it was included in first McFarlane accessory ( munitions) pack and I missed it 😫
you can probably find it somewhere EB games had them last month or if you don't care that its probably a bootleg aliexpress has a lot of neat things, The knock off Mafex Batmans are worth it if you pay under $20 they break easly but are good for customs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed