NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,216,882 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 10, 2022, 03:04:55 PMI've enjoyed a lot of Habsro's marvel legends. If they would get the same team working on Alien and Predator, that would be pretty cool.

I agree, can not complain about their film Wolverine sculpt for example. Makes NECA's humans look like a joke for half the asking price.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Hopping in here a bit late to the current discussion but wouldn't mind seeing McFarlane have it back. They're already working with 20th Century Studios on Avatar, and they've grown a lot as a company since those early days.

https://twitter.com/ridgetop21/status/1578803033424556033

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 09, 2022, 03:43:07 PMBut I'm open to possibilities! Maybe they could try MonsterArts again with Bandai as that line has grown as well as their way sculpts and quality. Hiya seems to be doing okay, though I prefer larger scale. It's all about price point really, and NECA had that on lock years ago, but then prices started going up and up over time.

Could a new company bring the quality we are used to with NECA sculpts at a low price point fans and consumers would be happy with? That's the actual challenge.

I don't think MonsterArts would be prevented as I think the higher price point puts it in a different category. They did their previous Alien & Predator releases while NECA had the license, or perhaps it's a regional thing too. But yeah I'd love to see more A/P from them again, Kotobukiya too.

If the Mezco One:12 figures ever get released, I'd guess those would also be a different category from the main $25-$50 7" license we've been used to with NECA.

Honestly I think McFarlane is best suited to deliver something comparable given their history and the fact they've gotten back into the 7" space after their long stint with smaller format Halo and The Walking Dead.

Some of their recent 7" ones have been quite nice:

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I would not object to McFarlane revisiting the Alien and Predator franchise. I haven't purchased any of their DC stuff (they haven't made the right Batman yet). The sculpts and articulation look great. Im sure they could make great figures.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Wow. I was literally just searching for Feral predator figures on BBTS and who breaks the news of a Feral figure first? AvP Galaxy. The #1 stop for AVP news. Bravo.

pmaz11

pmaz11

^Just saw the post! :o

So happy to get a glimpse of the figure finally! & I do have to say I like what I'm seeing.

*Accessories look really nice & glad they seem to include most. Wonder what the face sculpt will turnout like? 8)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I wonder how Neca will incorporate the many shoulder/trapezius quills/hairs on the figure?

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Finally! Better late than never  :)
And so far looks good! Hope some repaints as the bear´s blood covered Feral and Naru.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 11, 2022, 12:35:06 AMAnd there it is.

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1579631294941921281?s=46&t=-mZO48rulY1F6tqxKES7cg
Finally NECA ... only two months later after promised.  Feral looking beastly as he was in the flick.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 10, 2022, 07:14:04 PMI would not object to McFarlane revisiting the Alien and Predator franchise. I haven't purchased any of their DC stuff (they haven't made the right Batman yet). The sculpts and articulation look great. Im sure they could make great figures.
Really?

The BTAS, Arkham Asylum, The Batman Movie, Hush, Lee Bermejo, Arkham City are all pretty definitive and total bangers

Master

Master

What can I say?

Fiìiiiìiiìiiiìiiìiiìiiuii88iiiiiiiiinally

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Oct 11, 2022, 12:35:06 AMAnd there it is.

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1579631294941921281?s=46&t=-mZO48rulY1F6tqxKES7cg

Well, there it is. Two whole months later. Let it be known that "soon" and "shortly" for NECA means the exact opposite. :laugh:

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I wonder what the release date will be for Feral? Ultimate Elder is projected for January 2023 and he is the latest predator reveal besides feral.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Gridseeker on Oct 11, 2022, 02:57:27 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
Finally! Better late than never  :)
And so far looks good! Hope some repaints as the bear´s blood covered Feral and Naru.

Let's go! :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Oct 10, 2022, 07:36:03 AMThe only way I'd want hasbro making Alien and Predator figures is if they do a Transformers AvP Crossover, Marine that turns into a Dropship, Xeno that turns into a space jockey ship, Predator Scout ship, and a Predalien triple changer
Depends on which team does it. The Star Wars and Marvel crossover Transformers were super hit-or-miss because the team designing them was the Hasbro action figure team (which had no experience making Transformers), and not the Transformers team (with decades of experience under their belts).

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 11, 2022, 02:26:57 AMI wonder how Neca will incorporate the many shoulder/trapezius quills/hairs on the figure?

Looks like just texture/paint at this point. I get why, but if the final product is the same it does feel little tired given how obvious they are in the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed