Started by Thatguy2068, Apr 04, 2024, 12:19:30 AM

How do you feel about sexual themes in Alien franchise

I would like it no matter what
Depends on how it done
No Opinion
Prefer it be not in the movie
I would despise it
Author
How do you feel about sexual themes in Alien franchise (Read 2,071 times)

Thatguy2068

Since the Alien franchise first came in, there had themes about Sexual ideals such as forced pregnancy, assault, and Many more can be see within the movie. But overtime the franchise seem to focus less on those theme, only a couple of time in the prequel and Games. Now if it would came back, how would you feel about it?

SiL

I don't really feel like they left. Maybe the AvP movies.

Local Trouble

PAS Spinelli

They work best when as an allegory or theme, but not when tastelessly shoved down your face in an effort to gross you out with cheap shock value. Like the Predalien in Requiem or the idea of a facehugger going anywhere but in your face.

SM

They've always been present and continue to be so.

It gives it a little more depth than just a monster going around killing everyone.

BigDaddyJohn

I like it, but it can be poorly done.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I would like to see that cut female xeno from make a return

Nightmare Asylum

Michelle Pfeiffer lips Alien, my beloved.

SM

It wasn't meant to be female.

Just "erohtic".

BigDaddyJohn

It's weird as f**k, I like it.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SM on Apr 04, 2024, 10:46:15 PMIt wasn't meant to be female.

Just "erohtic".

I got the impression that it was due to the lips

Nightmare Asylum

It was never going to be a Queen (it was going to fulfill the same role as the Runner that we ended up getting from ADI in Alien 3), so if we are sticking to the usual male/female labels for standard Aliens/Queens, then it would be male.

But human gendering terminology doesn't really apply in any real way to the Aliens anyways, so all of that is pretty much irrelevant regardless.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2024, 11:08:14 PMIt was never going to be a Queen (it was going to fulfill the same role as the Runner that we ended up getting from ADI in Alien 3), so if we are sticking to the usual male/female labels for standard Aliens/Queens, then it would be male.

But human gendering terminology doesn't really apply in any real way to the Aliens anyways, so all of that is pretty much irrelevant regardless.
Oh no, no no I am just saying it looks like a female, That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that it can breed like a queen.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Vote for 'Depends on how it is done' :P

Quote from: SM on Apr 04, 2024, 10:46:15 PMIt wasn't meant to be female.

Just "erohtic".

That seems to fit Sil-like beings; and if it were a shared-universe perhaps black goo is also in Sil's DNA as a prototype of a biological weapon designed by the Engineers on Mars, where Weyland will have a colony in the future. The Engineers for x reasons preferred what we see in LV-223.

It's like a sci-fi take on the mythological Succubus;

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Engineers sending out a coded message embedded with plans/blueprints that result in a bioweapon a la Sil is something that feels incredibly reasonable, in a headcanon/fan fiction sort of way, while watching Species.

That's why I wasn't so opposed to the idea of the "Woman in the Dark" in the first arc of the Marvel comics (provided it stays a comic concept, that is), though the comic not doing anything interesting/of note with it (which was on par for the quality of the comic on the whole) deterred me from keeping up with it long term.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed