Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating)

Started by JaaayDee, May 28, 2012, 02:22:15 PM

Author
Critic Review Thread (79% fresh - 7.1 average rating) (Read 207,038 times)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Thanks, Sweeps.  I really enjoyed reading it. :laugh:

But not as much as I enjoyed reading this one:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=hu&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avoir-alire.com%2Fprometheus-la-critique-du-dernier-ridley-scott

Spoiler

QuoteBut we must admit that apart from Blade Runner, Thelma and Louise on a nominee, but (almost) non-rewarded and a Gladiator who has at least had the merit of giving back to the epic lost its luster (if not indisputable ), the lover of replicants has since mostly given in the demo but effective technique divested (American Gangster, Black Hawk Down) while wallowing, moreover, in an unspeakable soup (Kingdom Of Heaven, Robin wood).

Quotein an unspeakable soup (Kingdom Of Heaven, Robin wood).

QuoteRobin wood

Spoiler

What the f**k was that movie about?
[close]

And damn I really have to share this.  Not sure if epic typo, serious misinterpretation, or highly unlikely face-melting spoiler?

QuoteAnd if the pair of scientists at the origin of the shipment (Noomi Rapace, hallucinating, and Logan Marshall-Green)

Holy shit, now we're getting serious:

QuoteWatch Prometheus is like to undergo insemination graphic, it feels good always carried by the current, good speed, good size especially.

Spoiler
Quoteto undergo insemination graphic
;)  Those 3-D glasses better make decent condoms, if this is the indeed the case.

Quotegood size especially.
[close]

[close]

Darkee

Hi fellow Alien's fans,

I just write to say : don't worry ! Prometheus will be good !

I worked on the Ecran Fantastique Hors série and I published this very positive review (than I didn't write ; I'll see the movie in 24 hours) : http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.effets-speciaux.info%2Farticle%3Fid%3D682&langpair=fr|en

French critics are like US ou UK critics ; nobody have the same tastes ;-)
My friends (who are Alien's fans) have fell in love with Prometheus (even if tit's quite different), so... don' worry ! :-)

Valaquen

I'm still reading in the reviews some things pointed out as negatives that were staples of the original. One said that the characters split up, and call it a schoolboy error, but this was already a cliche in Alien when Brett was told to find the cat. I wonder how Prometheus handles it...

cossack0909

Quote from: Darkee on May 29, 2012, 10:07:45 AM
Hi fellow Alien's fans,

I just write to say : don't worry ! Prometheus will be good !

I worked on the Ecran Fantastique Hors série and I published this very positive review (than I didn't write ; I'll see the movie in 24 hours) : http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.effets-speciaux.info%2Farticle%3Fid%3D682&langpair=fr|en

French critics are like US ou UK critics ; nobody have the same tastes ;-)
My friends (who are Alien's fans) have fell in love with Prometheus (even if tit's quite different), so... don' worry ! :-)

Yippee!!!!!!

RagingDragon

I still can't get behind any critic that suggests Black Hawk Down wasn't a good war movie, or a great movie in general for that matter.  These people have to be completely out of their minds, honestly, with tastes so different than mine, their review suddenly seems to matter much less. :laugh:

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

UH-OH..Some french people hated the movie... :o
UH-OH..Because they did not like it we should not see it.. :P
BUT WAIT WHAT DOES THE REST OF THE WORLD THINK ABOUT THE MOVIE...
The no name FRENCH REVIEWERS are renowned worldwide for their superior taste in reviews..why we don't see a movie without their approval.. :D
Honestly SHEEP please wait till other more credible reviewers see the movie than decide if you want to see this.. ::)

ecranlarge.com gives Prometheus (4/5). 8)

Valaquen

Quote from: Alexx on May 29, 2012, 02:07:29 PM
Honestly SHEEP please wait till other more credible reviewers see the movie than decide if you want to see this.. ::)
Has anyone here said they won't see it?  ::)

NGR01

Quote from: Alexx on May 29, 2012, 02:07:29 PM
UH-OH..Some french people hated the movie... :o
UH-OH..Because they did not like it we should not see it.. :P
BUT WAIT WHAT DOES THE REST OF THE WORLD THINK ABOUT THE MOVIE...
Do you people even care??? ???
The FRENCH are renowned worldwide for their superior taste in reviews..why we don't see a movie without their approval.. :D

God another generalization, full of clichés shit...
Can't you understand that fans, geeks, fanboys all around the world are alike.
How are you going to react when peoplke from your country will diss the movie?
Diss them or just respect the fact that they might not have the same tastes as you and might have OH MY GOD WAIT FOR IT another opinion than yours YIKES YEAH I KNOW THAT IS SCARY FOR YOU....
People can be different to you and yet not be wrong.
THAT IS SCARY right huh?

Pvt. Himmel

Lets wait for the rest of the you know OTHER CREDIBLE REVIEWERS to review this..everyone is entitled to THEIR OWN OPINION and should not try to dissuade others..

Valaquen

81% fresh ... are we over-inflating the negativity here or what? Are we that sensitive? run to theaters, says one review, because you rarely get to see science fiction as adult, as pure and as globally significant. Another says, Thirty-two years after Alien, Sir Ridley burgled the Olympus of the SF for a second time  and descends majestically, with pockets full of sacred fire (4/5 review) And another: Prometheus is a great success despite the 2-3 reservations, a premium movie that amateur science fiction has not seen on the big screen for a long time. Enjoy it without hesitation. And finally: In short, PROMETHEUS is fantastic, it achieved all its goals and often surpassed them.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Valaquen on May 29, 2012, 02:32:02 PM
81% fresh ... are we over-inflating the negativity here or what? Are we that sensitive? run to theaters, says one review, because you rarely get to see science fiction as adult, as pure and as globally significant. Another says, Thirty-two years after Alien, Sir Ridley burgled the Olympus of the SF for a second time  and descends majestically, with pockets full of sacred fire (4/5 review) And another: Prometheus is a great success despite the 2-3 reservations, a premium movie that amateur science fiction has not seen on the big screen for a long time. Enjoy it without hesitation. And finally: In short, PROMETHEUS is fantastic, it achieved all its goals and often surpassed them.

Some people who don't like it think that they are the foremost authority on the ALIEN FRANCHISE that they can try to get others to assume that there is only one definitive review and that's a negative one...

RagingDragon

This, dude.  So many of those other reviews didn't seem to say much about the rest of the bloody movie aside from whatever 4 minute sequence they found disagreeable.

I foresee a wave of chill hitting the freak-out beach soon. :laugh:  Movie's still going to rock, and another huge point that no one points out is that finally, after nearly 15 years (longer for some) we have an alien-related sci-fi movie that was given the proper treatment that an Alien film should receive.

Even if the film disappoints in areas, and of course it probably will, it was a fantastic effort and this is obvious from so much of what we've already seen.

That's a lot of points in my book, the effort and the treatment, they treated the franchise as a whole with respect.

zuzuki

Quote from: RagingDragon on May 29, 2012, 02:43:40 PM

This, dude.  So many of those other reviews didn't seem to say much about the rest of the bloody movie aside from whatever 4 minute sequence they found disagreeable.

I foresee a wave of chill hitting the freak-out beach soon. :laugh:  Movie's still going to rock, and another huge point that no one points out is that finally, after nearly 15 years (longer for some) we have an alien-related sci-fi movie that was given the proper treatment that an Alien film should receive.

Even if the film disappoints in areas, and of course it probably will, it was a fantastic effort and this is obvious from so much of what we've already seen.

That's a lot of points in my book, the effort and the treatment, they treated the franchise as a whole with respect.

Did Lindelof pay you to write this? /s

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Alexx on May 29, 2012, 02:34:53 PM

Some people who don't like it think that they are the foremost authority on the ALIEN FRANCHISE that they can try to get others to assume that there is only one definitive review and that's a negative one...

Stop putting words into my mouth.
This is really lame. Even from you.
My opening statement was that it was my own opinion and that's all.
Not word of gospel or anything so stop saying that i said I AM RIGHT THIS IS THE TRUTH.
I'm just saying that you should not diss people because they are not from your country or dont have the same opinion as you thats it.
I'm happy peoples like the movie.
Who said otherwise?
God some guy are really something...

You guys also focus yourself on the negative things i said.
Should i remind you that i said i loved the movie until the engineer is awaken wich is like 20 minutes before the end.
iI just don't like the final act.
Can i? s that clear enough for you.
Now if my word is not CREDIBLE enough for you at least stop dissing my country.

zuzuki

^^^
chill out dude, he was talking in general about all this people that ignore all the good reviews and concentrate on the bad ones. sorry to say this, but you are kinda aggressive all the time, you have a short fuse with people that don't agree with you on something

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed