Budget

Started by David, Feb 08, 2018, 05:12:04 PM

Author
Budget (Read 3,667 times)

David

David

This is from IMDb:
"After the success of Iron Man Three (2013), Shane Black was approached by 20th Century Fox with an Iron Man 3-sized budget to direct a new Predator movie, and he couldn't resist."

Of course it wont be 200 M, but...it sounds very interesting :)

dallevalle

dallevalle

i bet it's like a 60 to 90 million budget movie

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 08, 2018, 05:14:41 PM

But that wouldn't be an iron man 3 sized budget then  ;)

I keep saying that i read somewhere that it could be 150M... Which is really a lot of money for a predator movie, but hey i guess this is not a "classic" predator movie.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Iron Man 3 sized in terms of it being an event movie. Get Out was an event movie, IT was an event movie, The Last Jedi was an event movie. It's less about the budget and more about the film feeling special.

Deadpool was an event movie too! Had a budget of $58 million.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 08, 2018, 07:10:56 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on Feb 08, 2018, 05:14:41 PM

But that wouldn't be an iron man 3 sized budget then  ;)

I keep saying that i read somewhere that it could be 150M... Which is really a lot of money for a predator movie, but hey i guess this is not a "classic" predator movie.

if this movie is 150 millions it will bomb at the box office

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Yeah I doubt the budget even needs to be that high. 60 to 90 mill seems reasonable.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 08, 2018, 09:32:18 PM
Yeah I doubt the budget even needs to be that high. 60 to 90 mill seems reasonable.

I hope it's more 90 million then, because 60 million was AVP's budget, and we all know how it turned out

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Yeah closer to 90 would be better lol if it's around 60 I'm just going to hope they can pull a 'Deadpool' or 'Sicario' type of thing.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 08, 2018, 09:38:33 PM

I hope it's more 90 million then, because 60 million was AVP's budget, and we all know how it turned out

If you compare AVP to the lower budget AVPR and Predators you can see overall what a bigger budget does in terms of how a movie looks and feels. AVP looks better made and feels more like a bigger movie. AVPR and Predators look like lower budget movies.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Pretty sure the budget is 85 million.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

I definitely could see it being between 60-80 million dollar budget. That's still the most money given to a director for any predator film.
Predator :18 million
Predator 2: 35 million
Predators: 40 million
As you can see however, a huge budget doesn't alway equate to a great movie. There are a huge number of factors that go into a great film such as the quality of the script, actors and story. From the little tidbits I've gleamed from different sources it sounds like many of us fans will be disappointed with the story.  You could have a 400 million dollar budget if the story sucks it's going to bomb!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 08, 2018, 10:23:53 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 08, 2018, 09:38:33 PM

If you compare AVP to the lower budget AVPR and Predators you can see overall what a bigger budget does in terms of how a movie looks and feels. AVP looks better made and feels more like a bigger movie. AVPR and Predators look like lower budget movies.
Regardless of what you think of the film as a whole, AVP did look and feel like a bigger budget than it actually had.

The one mentioning sicario forget that Denis Villeneuve is a really talented director able to make the most from even the minimal of means.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

No offense to any of the talent staring in the predator but there is no way that this movie is over 100 million. I think 60-90M as others have guessed is a reasonable range. with it being closer to the 60M number.

Now if they had to get Robert Downey Jr to make a cameo, we can talk 125M fairly easy.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Just realised that P2 was done for about 35 milion, which in adjusted value is roughly 65 milion.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well, like i said numerous time on the forum, i keep reading articles from my country that speaks about 150M... So either we are hugely optimistics, or hugely ignorant  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed