Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In?

Started by Gazz, Oct 11, 2016, 11:50:09 PM

Author
Del Toro Dropped, Boyd Holbrook In? (Read 38,075 times)

SiL

SiL

The Gossling/Crowe movie didn't do that well, did it?

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

No it didn't. Regardless, A-listers should want to work with Shane Black. Actually, casting those two guys was very quick and easy.

Quote from: overthere on Oct 11, 2016, 11:52:27 PM
Well that means they're still on with the movie I guess...

But so far everyone dropped out on them. Is something horribly wrong with the movie?

Only Del Toro officially dropped out. Franco was never formally attached. What everyone should be concerned about is Tom Hardy having nothing coming up and not being the lead in this obvious choice.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Wow... but not in a good way. From big star names to another tv actor as the lead in just a second.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Disappointing. :(

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

No offense to Del Toro but so what? Also having a tv actor making a debut in an action movie isn't that odd. The fact that this is news is a good sign that the movie is still on.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Loved Narcos!  But is this guy good material for a predator film?  I'm open to it, but he would need to be toughened up a little, which in Hollywood is easily done.  Not sure I really care that much actually. 

Thomas H.

Thomas H.

Wait, wait.... what? Because he's a tv actor?? Loads of a-list actors are doing tv-shows these days, tv is not the bottom of stardom as it was in the 90's. Look at shows like True Detective for example. No, him coming from a tv-show is definatly not something to be held against him.

All I care for is a good actor, and every article I read talks about Boyd as a good and solid performer on Narcos. Never saw it myself, not my show. But if you think a big name is more important than a solid actor, I think your priorities are askew. Just because someone's a big name, doesn't make him/her a good performer. Sure, Del Toro would have been awesome. But Franco? When his name was going around, I wasn't sure. Some of his stuff has been good, other things..... let's say not so much.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't take that lead comment too seriously. It's an ensemble piece, Del Toro was just going to play the character that anchored them all together. Just because he's not a big a-lister, there's no need to hide from the falling sky. Personally I'd rather wait and see what he can do.

I've not seen Narcos yet but I'll be giving it a go tonight. Holbrook is also playing the villain in Logan which is out early next year so we'll see what he can do with a bigger film role then.

There's no denying it's a massive disappointment that Del Toro couldn't be in it but there's no need to go all Chicken Little on the film just yet.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 12, 2016, 03:32:02 AM

Great reviews, great film, poor box office performance. As is the case.

On the bright-side, all the reposts of this news on Twitter mean I wont be seeing as many penises on there today.

Scorpio

Will always be a 'what if' now.  Like what if we got James Remar instead of Michael Biehn, or Jon Finch instead of John Hurt.

Gazz

Gazz

Bunch of god damn headless chickens in this thread.

robbritton

He's got something of the young Michael Biehn about him (was anooyed when they dropped him for Jai bloody Courtney in that last Terminator movie) and he's a great actor, so fine by me.

Arnie aside, Predator movies shouldn't really be big star vehicles. Big stars tend to survive, we need to fear for every character. It was important in the first one to get that Arnie was going to win, but from there on out all bets needed to be off. Also I like that Danny Glover and Adrien Brody (and now potentially Holbrook) aren't muscle-bound supermen, as we did that first time out. Dutch, Harrigan and Royce are all ultimately saved by tenacity and luck. As for being worthy of hunting, a lithe tiger is every bit as dangerous as an angry elephant.

Plus, if Arnie does come back, he needs to be a big deal. His being another star among stars would dampen the impact a bit.

dallevalle

well this movie is official going to suck now ugh !...

happypred

Who the f**k is this pansy next to Del Toro?

Xan21

Xan21

But... it was a fantastic movie! I think it was very well received in Europe.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd suggest we go watch Nacros and Logan to get a feel for him before we curse out his casting. Seriously fellas.

Quote from: Xan21 on Oct 12, 2016, 09:32:37 AM

But... it was a fantastic movie! I think it was very well received in Europe.

Was such a fun movie! Really dug The Nice Guys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed