Theory Of Alien Propagation

Started by War Wager, Nov 23, 2007, 11:17:10 PM

Author
Theory Of Alien Propagation (Read 2,147 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I just read through it in the Aliens Omnibus Vol 1. What do you think about it and do you agree with it?

I liked the idea of the Queen floating in space surrounded by a starnge orb, it's what t'd always pictured happening. The fact that multible Queen chestbursters are impregnated and forced to fight each other, was an interesting idea, but wasn't too keen on it. I guess it can prove how strong the Queen is and how it would be able to take care of itself, but I'd say the Warriors protect her anyway so it wasn't nessasary. The next page I had to shake my head. The fact that the Aliens kill each other and use their bodies to create a Hive. I really don't like that idea. I'd always though of them spewing the resin from the mouths or something. Then on the next page we've got the Warriors protecting their Queen-to-be from other alien creatures which I lked a lot. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they 'cared' about each other, more just instict.

Overall, I quite like the theory. Well done Mark Verheiden!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It was okay, but at the end of the day even in the story, it was just Orona speculating what might happen.

Wasn't too keen on the aliens killing other queens/drones to get jobs done either.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

In certain situations, genocide makes sense for the aliens, much like we saw in A:R. However, killing other aliens to build a hive seems wasteful when they could use corpses of spent hosts and rocks to build hives, and spew resin on to hold it all together.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 23, 2007, 11:17:10 PM
on the next page we've got the Warriors protecting their Queen-to-be from other alien creatures which I lked a lot.

those other alien creatures looked downright silly though...although they also have greenish-yellowish blood

SM

SM

QuoteIn certain situations, genocide makes sense for the aliens, much like we saw in A:R.

How does killing one Alien to create an acid hole equate to genocide??

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2007, 04:29:11 AM
QuoteIn certain situations, genocide makes sense for the aliens, much like we saw in A:R.

How does killing one Alien to create an acid hole equate to genocide??

Misunderstanding of the term.

Kriszilla -The correct definition of  "genocide", is to kill all of those with a common genome or genes.

An example would be; If I killed all white people, I would have committed genocide.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed