Tactical Multiplayer Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 30, 2013, 06:25:20 PM

Author
Tactical Multiplayer Trailer (Read 44,633 times)

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 31, 2013, 02:16:14 PM
Of course discussion is important, however shouldn't we actually play the product first before we generate this level of ire thats running rampant? Some of it is absolutely warranted (the whole canon thing) while some of it is just absurd and meant to be clever rather than objective.

That would be ideal yes, but realistically people are going to form opinions about something before it comes out. And really, that's the whole point of advertising; they want people to form opinions. They're hoping for good opinions, but even bad press is press, and draws attention to the product. The more discourse, the more likely people on the fence will go pick it up just to be able to see what all the fuss is about. Pretty much the only way it can backfire is if it's actually just a really bad product when it comes out, in which case it will rapidly die.

Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

Some of you in this forum are getting so worked up over canon and the visuals in these videos. In all fairness to Gearbox it is a game and it must have many balanced elements to be entertaining. If you want a purley Aliens expiriance then watch the movie. AVP2 has weak graphics and visuals for 2013 standards but it still has a solid community because it has smooth gameplay and it is fun. All I ask is that the gameplay is not scripted and clunky like some of Gearboxes previous games. Saying all that, farting and exploding xenos are just silly imo.

The Runner

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 31, 2013, 01:39:30 PM
I think effectz point is people are being incredibly negative about a game that people haven't played yet. It's already been damned by several people on this thread alone for no real legitimate reason.

To you it's not a legit reason, but to those that state them, they probably feel it is. Do people get irrational sometimes? Sure, no arguement.

I think my BIGGEST, biggest gripe right now is all the extra stuff that's been crammed in there to make it more gamey. God i've wanted an authentic experience ever since I played Justin Fisher's Aliens TC back in the 90s for Doom. Just a really good, authentic, no extra BS experience.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Mike Hunt on Jan 31, 2013, 02:50:01 PM
AVP2 has weak graphics and visuals for 2013 standards
This doesn't make any sense at all. AVP 2 had top notch graphics when it came out. ACM have poor graphic for 2013.

Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

Graphics blah blah blah! Gameplay is whats important. 8)

IRONMONKEY88

IRONMONKEY88

Quote from: Mike Hunt on Jan 31, 2013, 03:55:22 PM
AGREED!!!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Mike Hunt on Jan 31, 2013, 03:55:22 PM
Omg you are the one who started it.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: ScardyFoxI think effectz point is people are being incredibly negative about a game that people haven't played yet. It's already been damned by several people on this thread alone for no real legitimate reason.

Can't disagree that some people are not helping by not saying what they dislike.
To me it's pretty much obvious that A:CM offers nothing new at all and that all the stuff they've tried to make already exist in a better form in others game/mod.
Also, I can already feel that some mechanic are utterly broken and are going to piss more than one player just like AVP 2010.

I completely support Open Maw, it has been years I've dreamed of an Alien game really authentic that could show us something more than just a bullet time and dinosaurs aliens ala kenner. Alien licence has some very subtle and engaging political/philosophical/artistic content very strong to be taken as source material to starts building a game on something else than a M41A that is going to send almost a hundred bullets every minutes on a bug running straight.

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jan 31, 2013, 02:11:28 PM
But seriously, a certain amount of discourse is healthy for a product. Keeps people talking about it. Just look at Diablo III. For the amount of people who bitch about that game, it still has an enormous player base, and even the people who vocally hate on it have put in hundreds of hours.

The thing is, it's not Diablo III, it's Alien and here is where we are now:
-AVP 2010 is quite empty.
-AVP2 MS has close and despite people still playing it you gotta admit there aren't as much player as it use to be.
-I can almost count on one hand the amout of people loving AVP-R on this forum.
-Prometheus has already be forgotten into the abyss of the nothing and made little impression.

I don't want to be pessimistic but unless Gearbox & SEGA release a SDK, there's only a few chance that this game last more than a year and I will probably be bored two months after if its release if not shorter.

acrediblesource

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 31, 2013, 03:05:04 PM
I think my BIGGEST, biggest gripe right now is all the extra stuff that's been crammed in there to make it more gamey. God i've wanted an authentic experience ever since I played Justin Fisher's Aliens TC back in the 90s for Doom. Just a really good, authentic, no extra BS experience.

You get an all expended payed vacation to the box factory! You're gonna love it!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jan 31, 2013, 04:31:38 PM

I don't want to be pessimistic but unless Gearbox & SEGA release a SDK, there's only a few chance that this game last more than a year and I will probably be bored two months after if its release if not shorter.
This was the case with AvP '10 too..

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Too many post to quote and I am entirely too lazy. My point hasn't changed though - until it's played you can't judge it properly to the degree many are doing. It's ridiculous in some instances and probably why magazines and online reviewers wait to play it before they score it rather than relying on  gut instincts... or whatever that level of silliness comes from.

I have no rose tinted glasses but am very skeptical after the insanely disastrous AvP3. The amount of suckage in that game scarred me for life. I'm just waiting to pass harsh (or praising judgment) until, you know, I actually play it.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 31, 2013, 04:36:27 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 31, 2013, 03:05:04 PM

You get an all expended payed vacation to the box factory! You're gonna love it!

Is this a sexual euphemism or a boredom euphemism? I can't honestly make up my mind on which way I should interpret that.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jan 31, 2013, 04:56:00 PM
I have no rose tinted glasses but am very skeptical after the insanely disastrous AvP3. The amount of suckage in that game scarred me for life. I'm just waiting to pass harsh (or praising judgment) until, you know, I actually play it.

Though I have to ask every time I hear this argument raised... If we have to wait to pass judgement, what exactly is the point of the interviews, still images, teasers, trailers, con appearances, previews... Etc. They're showing us the game. If we see problems, isn't it better to raise our concerns, even if it's in vain, in an attempt to get them to change said things? I marched up and down for a couple of days when I saw the red dots on the motion tracker trying to make my voice heard, because i'd rather they fix that for the sake of authenticity than have the game come out with odd crap that we never needed in any of the previous games. That's just one example, too.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

If anyone has everything to say, I'm glad he's doing it at least and doesn't stop because critic is "graduated in degrees".
Of course the scale of this degree could obviously mean that could judge a movie improperly as much as you could judge it properly. Unless you can just "judge" and not associate a third party word helping to define something that relays on total subjectivity.
I'm also happy that we don't put score on this forum relaying on some kind of "mathematics" called statistic that helps nothing for the progress of humankind or any kind at all in fact. I mean, it's not like I was going to care that some review actually gave a 8/10 to AVP-Requiem right?
Also it's absolutely like review that came after the game are not silliness and don't rely on instinct. It's like one of this dumbass review giving a score to graphics and not understanding it like why they had to cut the polygon budget to benefit the lighting or smoother animations or specialFX requiring multiple particles blablabla.
Reviews most of the time know shit about what they're talking, they are in fact more ruled by instinct than anything else you could imagine.

Spoiler
I also agree with OpenMaw on this.
By your logic we should all have waited that AVP-R was released and we should ALL have went to the cinema (7 billions people) to see it and judge it to finally say "it sucks, I hope they will not make a new one" to a month later learn that FOX made enough money and plan a sequel with the Strause brother.

Spoiler
Amen
[close]
[close]

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 31, 2013, 05:03:34 PM-snip-

It's not an argument (I simply don't care that much), it's an observation. The post I am speaking about don't include anything actually constructive - unless saying because the Aliens ran in unison genuinely does imply the game will be grotesquely bad. If thats the actual case then I better learn to be more gimlet-eyed because I am clearly missing something.

Now something substantial (in my bland opinion) like the red dots I can get behind 100%. Mostly because I agree with you but partly because that an actual game mechanic that can be seen and understood from not playing. The atmospheric things (or lack of) are understandable, the canon aspect are understandable. Dis gunna be da wurst game ever cause da alien doesn't have nuff polygons on its crotch stuff just seems silly and empty in judgment on whether it will be the worst game evAR.

Like aforementioned, I'll reserve my level of "worst game ever title" for when I play it. Then, if thats the case, I will be here in earnest expressing my dislikes with as much gusto as I had when I was arguing daily about how bad AvP3 sucked and the patches, etc, it needed in my vain attempt at screaming for a life-line to that shitbag game.

In short: Meh, seems premature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed