Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 51,847 times)

fernandito

Quote from: wedgeg on Mar 13, 2017, 10:54:40 PM
So how were the alien eggs created they would have to come from a queen?
a queen?. What is that

Theecatindahat

Quote from: Neomorph on Mar 13, 2017, 11:44:37 PM
This is sounding less and less plausible.

We already have a mural show that xenos existed already and I've already pointed out its physically impossible to have a handful of xeno eggs.

You're taking the term 'handful' literally to describe the size of the eggs. Remember 'handful' is also used to mean a small number of something.
Spoiler
The eggs will be similar in size to what we are familiar to.
[close]

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: Theecatindahat on Mar 14, 2017, 08:00:06 AM
Quote from: Neomorph on Mar 13, 2017, 11:44:37 PM
This is sounding less and less plausible.

We already have a mural show that xenos existed already and I've already pointed out its physically impossible to have a handful of xeno eggs.

You're taking the term 'handful' literally to describe the size of the eggs. Remember 'handful' is also used to mean a small number of something.
Spoiler
The eggs will be similar in size to what we are familiar to.
[close]

Pretty sure he was joking lol

jdxmoore

I'm also okay with David re-creating the xenomorph and alike creatures from the Black Goo.

Personally, I think the Black Goo operates differently depending on the genetic and reproductive makeup of those whom it infects.  Not wanting to promote sci-fi  ;) but for me Chris nails it on this subject: http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/41908

Based on what we've seen in the series so far Black Goo effects currently elicit the following:

Male = Transformation into aggressive / Xeno-like zombie creature

Female = Facehugger

Infected Male + Non-infected Female = Proto-Facehugger

Facehugger + Engineer = Ultramorph

Facehugger + Human = Xenomorph (or close to)

Proto-Facehugger + Engineer / Human = Deacon

fernandito

I don't think the murals proved anything other than the Deacon being their ultimate creation with themselves, the engineers, as the basis to obtain it previous trilobite facehugg

The rest of things they obtain are direct black goo mutations.

I can't really see they solving the terrible mess Prometheus was. All just because they wanted to remove anything alien related from that film (to the point of even changing everything related to  the jockeys, ship interiors and tech included), and now they want to come back to it.

They even removed the original Fitfield scene where he was probably turning into something, if not the same, similar to these neomorphs we now know they are obtained by direct black goo infection on human-like beings, this including engineers not just humans. They opted for that zombie thing, and now it becomes another problem that they will just have no way to deal with it other than embarrasing retconning, hypothetical Alien 5 style.

They were embarrased of the alien in prometheus (Scott's talking that he had seen it at Disneyworld, etc). Now they will have to retcon in covenant.

And all other stuff that was left unexplanied in prometheus, such as the green crystal, etc.

What a mess.

By the way, and being obvious the alien we see in covenant still isn't the biomechanical one..., one of the things Weyland used to say to David, is that he would never had a soul because he wasn't a man, or in other words, a living being. In the end David could see the black goo as a thing to become somehow alive, and might end up using it on him or walter. However, if the classic alien resembles the engineer tech, their suits I mean..., wouldn't that be what he is eventually going to do?, to fuse engineer suit tech (or general engineer tech) on this new alien of his he has just created, and not on a synth like itself?

I think the origin of the classic alien will go that route. A fusion of what David has already developed with engineer tech

SiL

SiL

Scott's said since 1979 that the Alien picks up host traits successively, so the one we see in Alien actually has Jockey and human mixed together.

This seems to follow the idea, but since the Jockey is now the Engineer and just a human, how it plays out is anyone's guess. The Engineer at the end of Prometheus seemed to have a biomechanical body, but the corpses seen in the trailer look like the usual pale people.

Vermillion

The jockey in ALIEN is David. 
FYI

Xenomorphine

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 14, 2017, 11:31:45 AM
Quote from: jdxmoore on Mar 14, 2017, 09:01:50 AM
Female = Facehugger

What? ???

Referring to the Trilobite thing from Shaw. (I also had to think a moment...lol)

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: SiL on Mar 14, 2017, 09:40:14 AM
The Engineer at the end of Prometheus seemed to have a biomechanical body, but the corpses seen in the trailer look like the usual pale people.
Those biomech bodies they had in Prometheus seem to be suits too. I think some people refer to those as pressure suits.

We obviously have to watch covenant first before coming to conclusions, but up to this point after looking at the new alien, which still has nothing of biomech, we can only come to those two conclusions:

a) Either David try to experiment the goo on synthetics, mixing it together with this new alien of his which still isn't biomechanical. If he tries it on himself It might be due to what Weyland always told to him. He hasn't a soul because he ain't alive, so finding a way to make the goo react with his synth body, that could mean to him he would become alive, and thus he would have a soul now, although he would turn into the classic alien

b) David mixes this new alien with engineer suit tech.

Or since we might assume not all of the engineer race has been wiped out, just those in that planet, then in the next film we could see some engineers "having a look" at what David has come up with, this new alien we see in the trailer without biomech features, and then they do the rest with their tech in orther to create the classic alien (you guys remember that pic of two engineers on pressure suits having a look at a classic alien which is inside an observation capsule or something?), and once again try using it on us, because they should be now really pissed at us after witnessing what David has done to them and in their own planet.

We shouldn't also forget (sadly) what we saw in dat forgettable game called aliens colonial marines when we shoot the jockey..., perhaps that's what it happens eventually to the derelict, although it's still uncertain who was piloting it.., the bad engineers?, or David?. All we know is the "good" engineers shoot the Derelict down if we take that as the canon future Scott has in store for the last film as a link to alien.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 14, 2017, 05:22:07 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 14, 2017, 01:03:34 AM
It wasnt Alien on the mural, it was the Deacon

There was more than that.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/0/0c/Normal_art-of-prometheus-003.PNG

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n549/smarty9000/prometheus4/mural_compare.jpg

Those images from the urn room ceiling would certainly imply that the eggs and the xeno pre-date David.  My fear is that they are strictly an easter egg made for eagle eyed fans, and not meant as a true source of detail/truth for the ALIEN universe.  I don't have a lot of confidence that Ridley truly means anything specific when it comes to seemingly important visual details.

Another example is the "star map" artifacts that Shaw and Holloway use to piece together the location of LV223.  Two of the artifacts post date the outbreak at the installation by at least 600 years.  IMO this would seem to be a very important detail, but I've come to the conclusion that the dates were probably selected because they simply lined up with the rise of Mayan and Hawaiian civilizations. 

Imbrie

Imbrie

Lest we forget though that, in Prometheus, the pile of dead Engineers appear to have been 'chest-bursted' as have the three other Engineers in their cryo-tubes. So ........ the Alien has existed before, whether by natural occurrence or through being created/re-created by the Engineers, ergo the Alien existed in some form prior to David's meddling.

markweatherill

Quote from: Kurai on Mar 14, 2017, 02:47:43 AM

What's next, Aliens shedding their carapaces to reveal they're just the larval stage of giant albinos? Ha! You thought that was just a flight suit, didn't you?

or... 'This isn't even my final form!'

shawsbaby

Quote from: imbrie on Mar 14, 2017, 12:35:57 PM
Lest we forget though that, in Prometheus, the pile of dead Engineers appear to have been 'chest-bursted' as have the three other Engineers in their cryo-tubes. So ........ the Alien has existed before, whether by natural occurrence or through being created/re-created by the Engineers, meaning the Alien existed in some form prior to David's meddling.

^This.

Also, why would Ridley bother to have that "rule book" produced from all the existing films if they weren't going to be careful about conflicts with previous movies? Unless that didn't include Prometheus...which also wouldn't make sense.

echobbase79

I'm curious to know why Christopher would even want to see the eggs after David just told him he needed a human host to complete their birth? Makes Christopher look really dumb.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed