From Jon Sorensen (Read 4,047 times)

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

You are all very welcome.

Take care, guys.

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

...and whilst I am around...this link goes directly to a readable PDF of personal and technical memories of working on the ALIEN miniatures and photographic effects at Bray Film Studios, England. The text may be of interest to the more technically minded amongst you. Obviously there are photographs.

In any event, if I am not around for a wee while, which looks likely, again my very best wishes and do take care of yourselves.

Jon Sorensen

The link is: https://6d0f69e2-eb5a-4a33-a0d1-29ca528f7a8d.filesusr.com/ugd/e3985b_d59a7da199be431ebce3fd4262f13403.pdf?index=true

www.jonsorensencreative.com

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the link Jon! I've previously shared it with folk, but be nice to catch anyone who missed it.  :) Take care, don't be a stranger.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Jon Sorensen on Mar 21, 2021, 04:57:05 PM
My goodness, David. Yes, of course I remember. It is a small world indeed. Thank you for sticking up your head.
Tremors and The Relic both contained good monsters. I had worked with Peter Hyams on "Outland". A great visualist too
with links to ALIEN. Practically the same universe, which was entirely intentional!

I'm good, thank you...and raising my coffee cup to all your ALIEN enthusiasms.

Again,My very best, Guys. Take care of yourselves!

Jon Sorensen

See that's the stuff I love. Thank you for reaching out! Check your inbox, I've sent you a private message. :)

SM

SM

Hey Jon - I'm just listening to your Alien 5 music for the first time in ages.  Forgotten how good it was.  Is it still available for others to listen to?  I noticed one track on your website but couldn't see the others.

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2021, 11:35:45 PM
Hey Jon - I'm just listening to your Alien 5 music for the first time in ages.  Forgotten how good it was.  Is it still available for others to listen to?  I noticed one track on your website but couldn't see the others.

Thank you so very much. There are three tracks for you to download as a wee gift to you guys.
I hope the tech works. (I just stumble around computers. Am not like you guys who whizz around the cyberspace).

There are three tracks I have mined out.

The Derelict Awaits
The Ghost Of Nostromo
and
57 Years.

The latter is a wee ambient take on Ripley's 57 year snorefest with Jonesy in the Narcissus. She needed the sleep and sweet dreams.

I also just did a podcast interview with two charming LA based Americans last night.
It is due to appear next month, they tell me, in April, for something they call "Alien Day".
When it appears, I will try to get to a computer and share the link here for you guys.
For someone who hardly talks at all, a one and a half hour podcast rocked my boat.
Hopefully, there will be something in it of interest to you all. About ALIEN (1979).

Anyway, the link to the music is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m91iln1aezye6xn/AAC5Xk_02Yqm2GsdDrT_jK8Qa?dl=0

and https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m91iln1aezye6xn/AAC5Xk_02Yqm2GsdDrT_jK8Qa?dl=0

Trusting one of those works for you.

Can't think of anything else, except do please take care of yourselves.

Photo attached is of the late guys Neil Swan and Simon Deering with the yellow Nostromo at Bray Studios on the Alien miniatures in 1978.
We lost both of them in addition to Bill Pearson.

My Very Best Wishes,

Jon Sorensen

SM

SM

Cheers.

Jon Sorensen

Jon Sorensen

I will be away from today until at least the Autumn in a very remote location.

So for you guys, flagging up the podcast interview which I am told will appear in late April at the Perfect Organism Site,
I-Tunes, and all the rest of such.

I do hope you dear Alienites will find something of interest in the talk and do take care of yourselves.

https://www.perfectorganism.com/

My Very Best Wishes,

Jon Sorensen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed