Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 620,300 times)

Salt The Fries

Maybe there was a point to be made / found here, but its hidden beyond copious amounts of vitriol.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: Russ840 on Jul 17, 2017, 08:40:10 AM
You do realise that just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours does not make them idiots.

Agreed. It's just that same old line 'it's not real, so therefore you're an idot' that bugs me.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jul 17, 2017, 08:43:52 AM
Maybe there was a point to be made / found here, but its hidden beyond copious amounts of vitriol.

Funny, as you don't know me at all. Why resort to personal insults?

SiL

SiL

He didn't. At all. Vitriol is anger and spite, which this post is full of and obscuring the point the entirely.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Solid_Snake on Jul 17, 2017, 09:00:47 AM
Funny, as you don't know me at all. Why resort to personal insults?

Didn't you just do kinda the same. With:

QuoteIf you're one of those persons who actually liked this 'movie', you have my sympathies...for being a complete and utter f*cking MORON!

:-\

Anyway, I liked Kong's buildup... but the last few acts are not good and fail to make the movie a classic. It had potential but, as with most big budget movies these days, it kinda fell flat on it's ass with the last bits. A tad rushed and sloppy.

Still... I really liked the start and enjoyed most parts. It's better then Jackson's take on Kong imo. And the chopper scene is very epic haha, crazy stuff. Guess i'm a fcking moron then...  ;D

SM

SM

Did anyone catch any "PROFOUND" language?

Snake

Snake

Okay, you guys made your point. I'll refrain myself from posting anything ever again on this site. Take care.

Jonesy1974

I must be a moron then because I like Kong Skull Island!

Its not high art and wouldn't be near any of my fave film lists but it was an enjoyable enough popcorn movie. The soundtrack was absolutely epic, it had some really inventively shot sequences and made me chuckle a couple of times.

I mean, its about a giant gorilla on an island with other giant monsters, surely it does what it says on the tin?

And yeah, its far better than Jackson's snooze fest.

whiterabbit

Damn. I only just watch Skull Island today and I thought it was actually fun. Even with the lame Sam Jackson stereotypical role. Still if we're talking about apes being robbed, the planet of the apes movie is way better than a 58M opening.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't really see the point of this thread since the pitch of it is comparing an action film with a horror-thriller film that have very little in common with each other? Seems like a rant you could've easily posted on Just Talk and in fact let's just do that

EDIT: merged the two topics. I also recommend not getting too hot with these debates, we're discussing entertainment fiction. It's fine to banter and pick each other's nose playfully but not getting actually emotional

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Skull Island was awesome. 😎

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I liked Skull Island. It has flaws, mostly lack of character development, but I enjoyed it overall, some pretty visuals and fun action scenes. The last third of the film is maybe weaker I think. And what a great soundtrack !

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2017, 01:46:34 PM
I liked Skull Island. It has flaws, mostly lack of character development.

That's what I found so weird... Because the setup was there, they just had to bring it home.... But they didn't. :'-(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Kong Skull Island is a huge bubble of poorly stitched together ideas handwaving nonsensical narrative one minute after the other

Disgusting

Vermillion

Vermillion

It's better than Godzilla

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I prefered it over Godzilla too. Also, Kong has nice cinematography and pretty visuals, which makes me eager to see what The Predator will look like, since Larry Fong worked on the two movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed