Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 76,970 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 05, 2020, 06:37:31 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 05, 2020, 06:10:51 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 05, 2020, 05:22:42 PM
Alien vs. _________ (fill in the blank) - these stories could be done as non-canon fun tales.  I want to see Hawkeye vs. Aliens.   ;D

Speaking of Hawkeye, I bet a Predator completely true to his code would be delighted to hunt down a human who despite having no powers is a superhero.

BTW I have a question.

There is no Predator superhero yet? I being serious, as I am not an expert in EU.

Wha? Predator superheroes? Like in capes and can fly? 

Errr. Umm. No.  ;)

Not all heroes wear capes  ;)

SuperiorIronman

Alien vs. _________ (fill in the blank) - these stories could be done as non-canon fun tales.  I want to see Hawkeye vs. Aliens.   ;D

Speaking of Hawkeye, I bet a Predator completely true to his code would be delighted to hunt down a human who despite having no powers is a superhero.

BTW I have a question.

There is no Predator superhero yet? I being serious, as I am not an expert in EU.

Superheroes in the Predator franchise? Batman would count if we consider the Big Red bio on the Neca toy to be accurate to the short he debuted in. Though that's really the only superhero I can think of in-universe and that's complicated now given the Marvel deal. Predators that are superheroes? None that I can immediately recall though the DC crossovers did have a bunch of Predator clones (go with it) gaining the powers of the Justice League leading to an infamous panel of one having the powers of plastic man flying around as a spaceship.

EJA

I wonder what a Predator bonded to a symbiote would be like?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: EJA on Jul 05, 2020, 08:10:35 PM
I wonder what a Predator bonded to a symbiote would be like?

It would be A vs BS-P.

That could be pretty interesting actually...

What would a symbiote bonded Alien be?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 05, 2020, 07:52:26 PM

BTW I have a question.

Superheroes in the Predator franchise? Batman would count if we consider the Big Red bio on the Neca toy to be accurate to the short he debuted in. Though that's really the only superhero I can think of in-universe and that's complicated now given the Marvel deal. Predators that are superheroes? None that I can immediately recall though the DC crossovers did have a bunch of Predator clones (go with it) gaining the powers of the Justice League leading to an infamous panel of one having the powers of plastic man flying around as a spaceship.

I never read the Batman comic but I've seen the short. Now about Predator clones? It's fun, I guess. I don't know.  :laugh:

What about a story focused on a Veteran Predator, who comes out of retirement as a hunter to become a hero of helpless individuals. By helpless individuals I mean weak people, or aliens, who cannot defend themselves against powerful enemies. Maybe he finds a human boy and rescues him to raise him (as in Mandalorian). Yes I know, he's a space babysitter. But just imagine the justice Predator (without vomiting :-X) fighting all kinds of enemies (even other Predators) while teaching his "son" everything he knows.

Or a tale where a Pred becomes the hero to his own kind by fighting Weyland Yutani, who is doing cruel experiments with other preds.

426Buddy

The original Batman vs Predator is phenominal.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 05, 2020, 06:37:31 PM

BTW I have a question.

Wha? Predator superheroes? Like in capes and can fly? 

Errr. Umm. No.  ;)

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 05, 2020, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 05, 2020, 05:42:52 PM
I don't see myself touching anything with Predator in the title either, to be honest. :D I enjoy the first two films a lot (especially the second one) but the concept just doesn't interest me a ton beyond that.

I'm the same.  I don't know what it is.  I really tried to like them.  The predators are 2-dimensional.  They hunt for sport and that's it.  It's worn thin for me. 

See, that's interesting. If anything feels limited dimensionally to me, it's the Xenomorph. That's why Ridley turned to the black goo and took the position that the beast is cooked, even compared it to a shark a few times I believe. With Predators there's technology, culture, religion, history, science, so many societal facets to delve into. Even on its own, a Predator can refresh itself with the variations in helmet, weapon, jewelry and skin pigmentation.. where a human "born" Xeno remains relatively the same.

But, let me follow that up that, to me, the beast isn't cooked and I'm very much a fan of. I own the films, have an Eaglemoss Alien Queen currently a foot away from me, was just playing Blackout again, anticipating the Alien original screenplay comic which is on my pull-list, etc. etc.

I get what you're saying in terms of limited dimensionality for the Aliens, but as an overall world it is much richer.  As it is a mostly future setting, we get to have a space faring humanity, we get androids, we get all sorts of cool human tech nefarious human companies, and we get to see that all challenged by the Aliens.  Also there is the ancient element there with the engineers now or space jockeys previously.  The overall circumstances OC the Aliens series are just more compelling.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

So I just found something out VERY weird over at the Marvel Database Wiki, where a user is talking about the acquisition of the Alien-Predator comics into Marvel... and supposedly, they even have listed the cameos of Wolverine and Cyclops in the trophy cases displayed. There's even a numerical Earth designation for the AVP Universe (or ONE AvP universe anyway...) and it's Earth-94415.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/James_Howlett_(Earth-94415)

I've asked if Marvel has officially listed this universe down as that designation in one of the handbooks or guides, or of this is some fan-listed designation. I've yet to actually get an answer but if anyone here is Marvel savvy... Can someone confirm or debunk this?

Marvel Appendix has this character and universe listed as being Earth-94415.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/wolverineavp.html

Perfect-Organism

Sam Kieth once drew a rendition of an Alien facing off against Wolverine.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 06, 2020, 03:09:30 AM

Got a pic?

SM

There's a honking big list of Marvel Earth's here.  94415 doesn't make the cut though.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2020, 03:14:21 AM
There's a honking big list of Marvel Earth's here.  94415 doesn't make the cut though.

So we should assume this is just a fan-designation? As far as I know on that Wiki, fan designations are usually given the designation TRN-[Insert Universe Number Here] until an official designation is given.

IF this is an official designation... And this is a BIG if... That's something interesting right there.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 06, 2020, 03:13:33 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 06, 2020, 03:09:30 AM

Got a pic?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/543880092472795998/

Hicks, for the life of me I still can't figure out an easy picture posting method on this fan site.  Is there no way to just be able to paste an image and hit post?

SM

Click the insert image button and [img] tags will appear, then put the url in between.

QuoteSo we should assume this is just a fan-designation?

That would be my guess.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2020, 03:30:02 AM
That would be my guess.

I found the profile editor for the Marvel Appendix site who had put up the profile for Wolverine in the AVP Universe. I'm going to ask where this Earth designation came from and if it's official or not... If it is official... Mind... Blown.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed