Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,456 times)

#6.0

#6.0

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2010, 06:17:26 AM
Every time we see them in the stories, they escape, or they screw with the Predators.

If you mean "screw with" as in they battle with, and I use escape loosely, then I suppose I do agree.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2010, 05:49:40 AM
Quote from: bleau on Nov 03, 2010, 02:21:57 AM
In Alien 3 they did capture the Alien, but I wouldn't call that a successful capture.
Of course it was. Thing was locked behind a door and couldn't get out. If Golic hadn't opened the door it would've stayed there. Capture successful.

QuoteThe company in Resurrection, the United Systems Military did not contain them for long.
And Aliens escape from Predators every. Single. Time. Par for the course.

Capture was successful, but Junior had to use himself as bait, and a lot of the prisoners died from fires. I guess their plan fell apart but they still succeeded. 

In AvP the Predators used the queen and hunted Aliens in 1904. Nothing escaped then that we know of. Then the new hunt in 2004 the aliens escape at the end.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2010, 09:18:12 PM
No, we can't.

Because they're never seen doing anything humans couldn't.

Knowing to use acid-proofing, for example -- how does that make their knowledge greater than ours? We know we need acid proofing, it's whether we have access to it that sets us apart, and that has literally nothing to do with knowledge of the Aliens.

We know how to spot them -- look for the acid holes and nest material. We know how to capture them, we did it in AlienĀ³. We know how to breed them, we did that in Alien Resurrection. We know how to kill them just as well as Predators do -- stand the f**k back and open fire. We don't need extra vision modes because we can see using the visible light spectrum, Predators can't.

About the only thing that ever implies they have the least bit more knowledge is Scar playing his gag with the inner jaw. That's it.

And that's why we can at least ,think that preds know slightly more about aliens than humans.

If you definitly can't, well i don't mind. That's not that important afterall for me

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If knowing how to play around with an inner tongue makes the Predators more knowledgeable about the Aliens, then they aren't learning fast enough.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 03, 2010, 02:34:45 PM
If knowing how to play around with an inner tongue makes the Predators more knowledgeable about the Aliens, then they aren't learning fast enough.
Maybe (why not?) , i'm not saying they know much , only they know a bite more than humans

bleau

bleau

I don't see what the confusion is about, Predators know more about the Aliens and have known about the aliens long before humans did.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I've known about gazelles living on the African plains for 23 years. Does that make me more knowledgeable about hunting one more so than a cheetah?

Exactly.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Do you hunt gazelles and cheetahs? If you've hunted them before your likely to know a little about their behaviour. If you come from a tribe of hunters your even more likely to know how to hunt them. If you come from a tribe that specifically breeds them to hunt you damn sure would want to know a little something about killing them.

SM

SM

QuoteIn AvP the Predators used the queen and hunted Aliens in 1904. Nothing escaped then that we know of.

The Alien got to the surface in 1904.

QuoteIf knowing how to play around with an inner tongue makes the Predators more knowledgeable about the Aliens, then they aren't learning fast enough.

The Predator touched a specific nerve in the Aliens head to make the jaw shoot out.  Teensy bit more than "playing around".

samoht

samoht

And the predator new pretty much everything about the ALIENS life cycle.

Sounds like knowledge to me.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: samoht on Nov 03, 2010, 11:05:16 PM
And the predator new pretty much everything about the ALIENS life cycle.

Sounds like knowledge to me.

So did we, after a mere two encounters.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 03, 2010, 10:40:22 PM
I've known about gazelles living on the African plains for 23 years. Does that make me more knowledgeable about hunting one more so than a cheetah?

Exactly.

Your analogy does not really apply here though. The Cheetah is the predator, and I think/thought the predators hunted aliens before we knew about them, because in AvP, if you consider it canon, said the predators were hunting the aliens for thousands of years. Now if you jump the timeline to Resurrection then We know all about the aliens, but we don't hunt them. We just study them and try to make a weapon out of them.

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2010, 11:00:01 PM
QuoteIn AvP the Predators used the queen and hunted Aliens in 1904. Nothing escaped then that we know of.

The Alien got to the surface in 1904.

Yes, I forget about that one on the alternate opening. I guess I would have to agree, that the Predators never had them contained, maybe for short periods of time.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2010, 11:00:01 PM
The Predator touched a specific nerve in the Aliens head to make the jaw shoot out.  Teensy bit more than "playing around".

That's just knowing the anatomy. Doesn't have much to do with actively hunting and containing the creature.

SM

SM

"Just knowing the anatomy" isn't anything to sniff at.  Compared to humans at any rate.

bleau

bleau

I got a question, in AvP why did the aliens have such a fast life cycle? The Alien came out of the host in 10 minutes and then grew to full size in another 10 minutes. I thought there was a reason or rumor that the Predators somehow altered it from the queen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed