Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,716 times)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I don't think Scar needed Lex, it was the other way around. After Scar has his cannon, he turns to leave. It isn't until Lex grabs him or gets his attention that he gives a care about her. I think at that point, he realizes she is un-armed, scared, and needs help getting out.

Well, she and her pals made the whole situation go shitty for Scar. I think (considering the ultimate lame factor of Lex) he wouldn't give a f**k about her. Preds lured humans to there to be hosts (*facepalms...avp*). You guess they ever considered the chance those guys will get out alive? I doubt that.

Puks

Puks

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 14, 2010, 02:54:36 PM
I've read quite of the pages in this topic... is a discussion about AvPR with Doom a sort of ritual of membership/manhood or something? It seems so.

;D

Baptism by fire.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: LeighD on May 14, 2010, 10:41:42 AM
I don't think Scar needed Lex, it was the other way around. After Scar has his cannon, he turns to leave. It isn't until Lex grabs him or gets his attention that he gives a care about her. I think at that point, he realizes she is un-armed, scared, and needs help getting out.

Which goes against what we've seen Predators do in the past, and why it's such a dumb scene. Why would a Predator care at all about her well-being?

I've read quite of the pages in this topic... is a discussion about AvPR with Doom a sort of ritual of membership/manhood or something? It seems so.

;D

Wise guy...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 14, 2010, 03:01:24 PM

Well, she and her pals made the whole situation go shitty for Scar. I think (considering the ultimate lame factor of Lex) he wouldn't give a f**k about her. Preds lured humans to there to be hosts (*facepalms...avp*). You guess they ever considered the chance those guys will get out alive? I doubt that.
Hm, considering it, what were the chances that any humans would be lured there? The Predators were counting on that, otherwise, no hunt. And what were the chances that a whaling station would be there 100 years before? The Predator's lure them there as well?  ::)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteHm, considering it, what were the chances that any humans would be lured there? The Predators were counting on that, otherwise, no hunt. And what were the chances that a whaling station would be there 100 years before? The Predator's lure them there as well?  ::)

What's your point? In the movie it's bluntly said why the pyramid was activating: to be ready for the hunt, and to lure the humans there. No matter how high or low chances it has, it's only a mistake in the movie, if it's not probable. But the concept stays as it is.

No, preds didn't lure the whalers. And what happened to them, can you tell me? Please...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 14, 2010, 03:44:41 PM

;D

Wise guy...
Could you borrow me one of your fingerz? I'd want to mark myself, seeing I passed successfully the ritual.... ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: 08yeyinde on May 14, 2010, 04:48:08 PM
QuoteHm, considering it, what were the chances that any humans would be lured there? The Predators were counting on that, otherwise, no hunt. And what were the chances that a whaling station would be there 100 years before? The Predator's lure them there as well?  ::)

What's your point? In the movie it's bluntly said why the pyramid was activating: to be ready for the hunt, and to lure the humans there. No matter how high or low chances it has, it's only a mistake in the movie, if it's not probable. But the concept stays as it is.

No, preds didn't lure the whalers. And what happened to them, can you tell me? Please...
I'm inviting a discussion, not making a point. I want to know, how could the Predator's have expected humans to notice the warming up pyramid (indeed, they didn't notice either the laser beam from space or the overhead predator ship)? The whaling station is a coincidence that can be swallowed, but apparently the Predator's have been visiting every 100 years. If they descend into the pyramid and no humans have shown up, then what?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Oh, I see. Sorry, i mistaken your words as a try to making points, which as I see aren't valid. Sorry.
I think preds could easily expect humans to find out about the pyramid. The heat signature it emitted could be easily percieved by satellites (and a lot of them were cruising above antarctica, according to Weyland's anxiety). Predators, with their ship and advanced technology (whic enables them to, for instance, create a rough 3d image about a building 600 feet under the ice -was it 600 btw o_O?-) could easily analyse what those satellites were capable of. Also they knew about the curiosity of mankind, since they have been taught them (*facepalms*). So, all thay needed is to estimate the time when the next satellite observes Bouvetoya island 8and which is approximately near to october the 10th). I thought like that, when it was said in the movie, humans are needed, and were lured here. Which by the way, even though it can be explained is totaly BS.

No humans= no hunt, as made clear in that movie (whixh is again isn't right). So there can be no case of they go there and no humans. The opposite, they go there, because there are humans. It's not a coincidence with the whaling station I think. the coincidence is, that in 100 years humand developed technology to crate satellites. Without that, no trap.
And there are more pyramids on other planets also, as I guessed. So if Earth is not okay, then another one will do.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Actually, the 100-year thing is fairly stupid; what's making it 100 years? Do Predator years just so happen to line up with terrestrial ones?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

In this case I think it doesn't matter (though stupid indeed). I guess the whole aztec metric calendar was based on when the preds arrive. So it's rather terrestrial calendar  lining up with predators'. Or hell, dunno. It's stupid as it is. Damn avp to hell.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

No, AvP isn't that bad. That film, on the other hand...

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Avp-r has no value as a movie. It won't make the otherwise bad avp good for me. Both suck and are failure to me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 15, 2010, 06:57:08 AM
No, AvP isn't that bad.

Yes. Yes it is.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Not really. It's a mediocre film that we had high expectations of. But it's no more offensive than that.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

QuoteNot really. It's a mediocre film that we had high expectations of. But it's no more offensive than that.

Couldn't have said it better. The film was okay... not good at all but also not a failure...
I think the same way you do: all fans just had too high expectations.

As for AVP:R... well it was the epic failure that no one should ever have to see without knowing anything about the Alien or Predator Franchise... otherwise you will get a totally wrong idea and think the franchise is as bad as that movie... unfortunately some people I know only watched AVP:R and now swore an oath to never watch any Alien or Predator movie... that tells it for me...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed