Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,612 times)

SiL

SiL

*Fans self* I do declare!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2009, 06:10:01 AM
QuoteOk fine, chase. I'll remember that for next time. My point is, it wasn't much of a fight because there seemed to be more running away than anything else.

It was a "running" theme in that film.

See what I did there?

:D genius!!

walterf

walterf

Well, I am admitting my bias to Predator. I care more about the attention given to the Pred rather than the attention given to the Aliens, so I've gotta go with AVPR.

The Wolf Pred was just so much cooler than the Preds in AVP. The AVP preds looked clunky and hokey and the whole teaming up w/ the girl was so corny ... even if it was something that took place in an AVP comic. The AVPR Pred's design was way more badass and more like Pred 2 or Pred 1. And he was just awesome, had awesome technology and was very skilled, etc.

I also just think atmospherically, AVPR was more on the money, it was dark, bloody and all that good stuff.

The one thing I will day is the first AVP had a very interesting plot, but it just fell too flat. The Preds didn't do well and the acting was bad.

AVPR also had bad acting, actually worse acting than the first AVP, but the atmosphere and how awesome the Wolf Pred was give it the edge for me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What are your thoughts on AvP:R's lighting? It's a hot topic round here.

walterf

walterf

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2009, 04:45:24 AM
What are your thoughts on AvP:R's lighting? It's a hot topic round here.

AVPR is very dark and the fighting scenes are chaotic and hard to follow, but the fighting scenes in AVP were hard to follow as well. Even though alot of people don't like the dark lighting, I do, I think it adds a more eerie/horror kind of element to the movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nice, join the club :)

HitmanR

HitmanR

I voted for AvP. I mean, I always say, they are both good, but they could be better.
But as I watched a commentary, Anderson is hardcore of Alien quadrilogy, as some of the scenes slightly resembles with those in Alien q. This made me to like this movie more. :)

AvP is also rewatchable, or how should I call it. I have no problem to watch it twice a week, it's really great movie. I cannot say that for AvP:R.

I'm sorry for brothers Strause, I think they did a decent work with Predators and Aliens, but it cannot be compared with original Predator and Alien movies.

Mr. Stizout

Mr. Stizout

AVP:R , I actually rewatch the unrated version at home versus not watching AVP at all.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

avpr is an embarrassment and extremely amateurish movie, but then again, what can you expect from the first time directors that just got out of high school and act like butthead and beavis. The movie relies on creatures and gore, thats it. no story, no nothing. Despite the rating, I agree with LA times review that its obviously geared towards young male audience

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll always take AvP:R over AvP. AvP was boring and flat. At least AvP:R kept me awake.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2009, 07:01:42 AM
I'll always take AvP:R over AvP. AvP was boring and flat. At least AvP:R kept me awake.

but at least AVP had a facy big budget fx, long buildup (40 min till we see any creature) and the queen (even tho the queen herself wasnt what wed expect, but still)

War Wager

War Wager

Quotebut at least AVP had a facy big budget fx

Obviously wasn't big enough.

Quotelong buildup (40 min till we see any creature)

Spent 'developing' characters we never really cared about.

Quoteand the queen (even tho the queen herself wasnt what wed expect, but still)

T-Rex dressed up as a Queen.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 09, 2009, 07:42:26 AM
but at least AVP had a facy big budget fx, long buildup (40 min till we see any creature) and the queen (even tho the queen herself wasnt what wed expect, but still)

And shitty Predator designs, and shitty Alien designs, and almost no action, and the same lack lighting, and lack of a colour palette, and another shitty script.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 09, 2009, 04:00:20 PM
and shitty Alien designs, and almost no action, and the same lack lighting, and lack of a colour palette, and another shitty script.

Not the same at all.

AVP's Aliens didn't look like men in rubber suits in every damn shot, had about the same amount of action, perfect lighting (hid the Aliens without straining they eye), and at least a somewhat coherent script.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP may have had the same amount of action, but AvP:R was more exciting. AvP's action was barely more than a few seconds at most (the exceptions being CvG and Queen vs. Lex and Scar) and was still boring.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed