Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,683 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Requiem is a hundred times better than AvP. After viewing Requiem I left the theater overall satisfied with the final product.

AvP had be cursing from the time I left the theater to all the way home. It will always be a big pile of celluloid trash that can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Of course a lot of people feel the same about Requiem.

gameoverman

gameoverman

They are about equal imo.  If you combined the strengths of both you would get something quite decent.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on Mar 30, 2008, 11:55:36 AM
They are about equal imo.  If you combined the strengths of both you would get something quite decent.

I can agree with that. If the BS had directed the first film we would've had a much better film IMO.

Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 27, 2007, 04:15:06 AM
They both sucked.

But at least Anderson's Aliens were not useless and didn't look like men-in-suits from beginning to end.

And at least the BS's Predator wasn't an overgrown monster on steroids that almost made out with a human female.

predator elite

predator elite

for my opinion you have to look at the two the 1st one had the clostophobia witch is from the alien movie's the next one wasn't close to any of the origanal's but to me avp-r win's

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

"And at least the BS's Predator wasn't an overgrown monster on steroids that almost made out with a human female".

^ That scene was pretty funny. But whats even more funny is how all of a sudden the so-called extreme Paul Anderson haters are now defending his film, amazing.

All I heard for about 3-4 years is I hate Paul Anderson, he raped my childhood, AVP sucked the big one!

Now I'm hearing a different tone......well atleast Paul Anderson did this right and atleast Paul Anderson tried to do that right and AVP was better because of this blah blah blah. Thats amazing, the fans are giving Paul Anderson props for certain things now.

Whats it gonna be? You can't be in the middle or else you'll drown :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Mar 31, 2008, 12:29:00 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 30, 2008, 06:43:20 PM
But at least Anderson's Aliens were not useless and didn't look like men-in-suits from beginning to end.

That scene was pretty funny. But whats even more funny is how all of a sudden the so-called extreme Paul Anderson haters are now defending his film, amazing.

All I heard for about 3-4 years is I hate Paul Anderson, he raped my childhood, AVP sucked the big one!

Now I'm hearing a different tone......well atleast Paul Anderson did this right and atleast Paul Anderson tried to do that right and AVP was better because of this blah blah blah. Thats amazing, the fans are giving Paul Anderson props for certain things now.

Um...you quoted the wrong person there.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Darn quotes :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"And at least the BS's Predator wasn't an overgrown monster on steroids that almost made out with a human female".

^ That scene was pretty funny. But whats even more funny is how all of a sudden the so-called extreme Paul Anderson haters are now defending his film, amazing.

Hey, I'm not defending his film. I would never do that b/c quite frankly, I can't stand it.

Craig

Craig

When someone make a worse sequel, it makes you appreciate the original more. Such is the case with the AVP movies. Now, can i expect a retarded comment such as "but the sequel was better lulz!" from any fan boys?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You can expect me to say I enjoyed AvP:R more than AvP. If you don't like that fact...hard cheese.

War Wager

War Wager

AvPR is a more entertaining movie, but that doesn't make it a better one.

Stalker

Stalker

In my opinion AVP-R is a far better movie, at least the aliens & predator spent more than 5 minutes actually fighting on-screen. Sure people can argue that the characters were hollow, the setting wasn't great, & all sorts of complaints, but really, the characters from the first film were even worse in my opinion. The only thing it had going for it was an intricate storyline & a decent claustrophobic setting, which really wasn't used to its full extent in my opinion.

AVP was quite literally a boring movie, a cold shower in every sense of the word. It just felt bland & soulless from start to finish. The Strauses at least deserve some merit for breathing life back into some of the more classic alien & predator themes, such as the sound effects & music, not to mention the overall look of the creatures.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 31, 2008, 02:50:32 PM
You can expect me to say I enjoyed AvP:R more than AvP. If you don't like that fact...hard cheese.

Hard cheese? I think I'll use that one next time lol.

Cellien

Cellien

I like Parmesan cheese...

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Mar 31, 2008, 05:49:15 PM
I like Parmesan cheese...

If I remember correctly that smells like feet. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed