Recent posts

Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:45:53 AM
I'm 50/50 on the fact that he's directing it, but I am 100% excited about the project in itself.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 11:43:19 AM
Plus the predictable slasher elements going on.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 11:38:12 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 09:27:41 AMI enjoy Covenant more then Prometheus... and I'm sorry, but there's no universe that Resurrection is better than Covenant. 🤣

Covenant is a decent movie, I have always said so but its what it does to the lore that makes it hard to watch for me personally. That and its reliance on sheer stupidity on the characters part for the plot to move along.
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 11:36:11 AM
Well to my understanding its currently the films and Isolation, so there was some form of overarching canon. Not sure on the defiance comics anymore though but I don't have a problem with that really considering that they just decided to milk Isolation and Amanda for all its worth.
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Today at 07:44:42 AMThe only bit I found egregiously dumb in Covenant was Oram leering over the egg just because David told him to, when only moments before David had shown he was less than sane of mind and probably had ulterior motives. To then have Oram decide, "Yeah, nah, you're probably trustworthy," came off as totally illogical.

Other things people regularly pick on, like Faris losing her shit on the lander, seemed pretty fair to me given what was going on at the time.

Prometheus was much worse in the dumbness stakes imo.

Yep.
Prometheus had the scientist continually try to touch a hissing organisim that even did what cobras did when hostile and unfolded their hood.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:57:00 AM
Happy birthday, George. 8)
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 10:56:34 AM
Same as it ever was.
Quote from: Ingwar on Today at 09:12:10 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1QyAYa60g

There are images in this teaser that feel incredibly impressionistic, invoking that particular breed of silent cinema.

The inverse, in certain ways, of his much more expressionistic Dracula.

God, I am so in. I love that Coppola is just able to make EXACTLY what he wants here.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1790347578040782865
Kane was so dumb he should have been wearing a suit!!

oh

nevermind
My head canon always told me that ovomorphs attract prey by use of some sort of pheromone release (possibly observed when Kane goes to touch it and fluid can be seen dripping upwards/backwards). It may be the case that potential hosts are drawn to peer into the egg without even realising their behaviour is unsafe, beyond being 'lost in the moment.'

Here is an example of this in the real world; a species of spider that releases pheromones that attract prey (in this particular case by mimicking sex cues) - the spider is capable of modifying the pheromone to adapt to different prey species; https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=pheromone+attracts+prey&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&t=1715682284250&u=%23p%3DrcBIe0Wp9PQJ

And in the interest of being critical of my own hypothesis (as I'm sure someone will point it out), yes, Kane is wearing a space suit, however he physically touches the egg, and we hear noise of a 'release' - I'm happy to accept that a creature that can bleed acid and burn through the hull of a ship, is capable of penetrating a protective glove upon contact. 😊
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed