Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,917 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sweet. Pretty eager to see what Charlize is like as the villain in 8 as well. ;D

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
Sweet. Pretty eager to see what Charlize is like as the villain in 8 as well. ;D

I'm curious to see what you think.

Her wig is ridiculous. She does raise some stakes though but I found the script didn't give her much to do so I'm surprised Charlize took the role.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

There needs to be a drinking game for the later F&F movies where you take a shot every time they say family. And for 2 Fast 2 Furious, every time the two leads say bro or cuh. :laugh:

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 16, 2019, 12:01:29 AM
There needs to be a drinking game for the later F&F movies where you take a shot every time they say family. And for 2 Fast 2 Furious, every time the two leads say bro or cuh. :laugh:

I cringe every time Paul Walker (god rest his soul) says cuh. I didn't realize how racist and sexist that second movie is hahaha.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 16, 2019, 12:27:01 AM

I cringe every time Paul Walker (god rest his soul) says cuh. I didn't realize how racist and sexist that second movie is hahaha.

PUT DOWN THE GUN!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 16, 2019, 12:28:45 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 16, 2019, 12:27:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrIEnbCsI3w

PUT DOWN THE GUN!

He went full Walker.

Die Hard - Bluray

Got the collection for Christmas. Working my through it.

Picture quality was gorgeous.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 10:11:02 PMFurious 7 (2015)

I haven't really been keeping up with the Fast and the Furious films since Fast Five, but I felt the need to see this now that Hobbs & Shaw is filming, as I do love me some Statham and Dwayne Johnson.

They still haven't managed to top (or even equal) Fast Five for me, but I do enjoy the Fast & Furious series for what it is. They might be the best modern-day equivalent I can think of for the ridiculous movies Arnie, Stallone and co. used to make in the 80s - just turn off you brain and enjoy some mad action spectacle.

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 10:11:02 PMI love the opening shot with Statham at the hospital, but felt that the film never really delivered on his character after that.

Yeah, that always bugged me too. Nothing else he does even comes close to that opening scene.

I've also never really forgiven them for casting Statham as a villain, and not Frank from the Transporter series for an awesome crossover :P

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 15, 2019, 10:34:59 PMSweet. Pretty eager to see what Charlize is like as the villain in 8 as well. ;D

I think the eighth might be the best since the fifth. Which, now that I read it back, is a ridiculous statement.

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 15, 2019, 10:26:26 PMStatham and Dwayne are standouts in the eighth movie and Statham in particular gets the best scene in the movie.

The
Spoiler
bit on the plane? That sequence was class.
[close]

MudButt

MudButt

In response to HuDaFuk,

I think they realized that Statham as a villain was probably not worthy of his talent which is why they've made his character lean more towards a good guy even though he did some messed up shit in Furious 7.

And yes, the bit you described is exactly what I am talking about. Just great stuff.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 16, 2019, 05:06:43 PMI think they realized that Statham as a villain was probably not worthy of his talent which is why they've made his character lean more towards a good guy even though he did some messed up shit in Furious 7.

If Dom and his gang can get away with using random drivers and cops as humans shields, not to mention the shit they pulled in Fast Five with the safe, I'm more than willing to give Statham a pass. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 16, 2019, 05:17:18 PMIf Dom and his gang can get away with using random drivers and cops as humans shields, not to mention the shit they pulled in Fast Five with the safe...

But we didn't see anyone getting killed... :P

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 16, 2019, 05:17:18 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 16, 2019, 05:06:43 PMI think they realized that Statham as a villain was probably not worthy of his talent which is why they've made his character lean more towards a good guy even though he did some messed up shit in Furious 7.

If Dom and his gang can get away with using random drivers and cops as humans shields, not to mention the shit they pulled in Fast Five with the safe, I'm more than willing to give Statham a pass. :laugh:

Fair point, fair point..

btw, great talking to you again Shas  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 16, 2019, 05:32:17 PMBut we didn't see anyone getting killed... :P

Suspension of disbelief only goes so far. And it's not like our heroes seem to care. And I don't care enough about them to let it slip after seeing it in a couple of films. Which is why I look forward to Hobbs & Shaw more than another one with Dom and the gang.

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 16, 2019, 05:40:20 PMbtw, great talking to you again Shas  :laugh:

Likewise. Feels like the good old days. ;D

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Shasvre on Jan 16, 2019, 05:53:12 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 16, 2019, 05:32:17 PMBut we didn't see anyone getting killed... :P

Suspension of disbelief only goes so far. And it's not like our heroes seem to care. And I don't care enough about them to let it slip after seeing it in a couple of films. Which is why I look forward to Hobbs & Shaw more than another one with Dom and the gang.

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 16, 2019, 05:40:20 PMbtw, great talking to you again Shas  :laugh:

Likewise. Feels like the good old days. ;D

Yeah, I really liked Fate of the Furious but honestly looking back the highlights of that movie are The Rock, Statham, and Kurt Russell. They all get the best scenes and lines.

Vin Diesel is obviously making Dom this "badass", and while Fate does do a good job of finally letting someone get the upper hand with him but of course he has to come out as the top honcho. You could kind of feel Paul Walker's absence because he kind of grounded these insane movies. I'm more excited for Hobbs and Shaw for that dynamic because I like those characters more than anyone in Dom's crew currently.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Fate of the Furious (2017)

I had a lot of fun with this one and would definitely consider it a step up from the previous film. Dom works well as the antagonist and I love the banter and bonding between Hobbs and Shaw. A neat little cameo by Helen Mirren and even Owen Shaw getting the chance to redeem himself. Though I must admit it feels a bit weird seeing the guy who killed Han doing an action scene while talking all cute to a baby.

Definitely looking forward to Hobbs & Shaw after seeing this.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It also gets pretty headache inducing when you realize these movies have to take place 2007-8 thanks to the timeline shenanigans with Tokyo Drift.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed