6 Year old had his first viewing of Aliens

Started by razeak, Jan 22, 2024, 01:54:06 AM

Author
6 Year old had his first viewing of Aliens (Read 1,557 times)

razeak

I started him on Colonial Marines (I know, I know lol), so now he watched the 4k release on Vudu, and he was enamored from start to finish. Then we had to do Aliens arcade on MAME and back to Colonial marines to finish. When you get to the part where they reveal Hicks he was super excited. Next up is Alien 3 so I can ruin him emotionally. haha JK.

He thought the queen was the greatest thing and went back and forth between being scared and rooting loudly for the marines. He was not pleased with the operations deaths. lol.  My older son has the lanard toys so now he is playing with those.

I was 6 the first time I saw it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: razeak on Jan 22, 2024, 01:54:06 AMNext up is Alien 3 so I can ruin him emotionally. haha JK.

He may be better off thinking everyone lived happily ever after.  I know I would.

Rankles75

Yeah, don't ruin the series for him. Stop at 2...

Local Trouble

If only Earth War had stuck the landing.

Xenomrph

Quote from: razeak on Jan 22, 2024, 01:54:06 AMI started him on Colonial Marines (I know, I know lol), so now he watched the 4k release on Vudu, and he was enamored from start to finish. Then we had to do Aliens arcade on MAME and back to Colonial marines to finish. When you get to the part where they reveal Hicks he was super excited. Next up is Alien 3 so I can ruin him emotionally. haha JK.

He thought the queen was the greatest thing and went back and forth between being scared and rooting loudly for the marines. He was not pleased with the operations deaths. lol.  My older son has the lanard toys so now he is playing with those.

I was 6 the first time I saw it.
Now have him read the 'Aliens: Labyrinth' comic, and then have him play Alien Isolation in VR. Refuse to take off the VR headset until he completes the game.

kwisatz

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 22, 2024, 02:21:48 AMYeah, don't ruin the series for him. Stop at 2...

Ja, it's all downhill from Covenant

Wweyland

I have a 6-year-old as well, but I will start with the Star Wars OT first for him.
He does play with the NECA Colonial Marines though.

razeak

Star Wars hasn't hit like I thought it would. He likes it though. We've had some epic lightsaber battles this past year lol.

Local Trouble

Quote from: razeak on Jan 22, 2024, 04:05:15 PMStar Wars hasn't hit like I thought it would. He likes it though. We've had some epic lightsaber battles this past year lol.

What about The Mothman Prophecies?

BlueMarsalis79

It's true, different strokes for different folks, like as a kid- I never liked Ghostbusters (still don't) or Jurassic Park (do now) all that much.

Was obsessed with Alien, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings.

razeak

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 22, 2024, 04:09:04 PM
Quote from: razeak on Jan 22, 2024, 04:05:15 PMStar Wars hasn't hit like I thought it would. He likes it though. We've had some epic lightsaber battles this past year lol.

What about The Mothman Prophecies?
I can top that. I'll just take him mothman hunting after i get him sufficiently absorbed in the local lore, like I did my older two children haha. Nothing like going out at dusk to the creepy as shuttered munitions plant and surrounding areas with the kids and a shotgun for close encounters.  The older two thought I was like the guardian of West Virginia or something when they were little lmao.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: razeak on Jan 22, 2024, 01:54:06 AMI started him on Colonial Marines (I know, I know lol), so now he watched the 4k release on Vudu, and he was enamored from start to finish. Then we had to do Aliens arcade on MAME and back to Colonial marines to finish.

I like how you showed your 6 year old an R-rated film and then eased him into a bit of software piracy as well. Hopefully he'll turn out better than the current batch of Zoomers.

razeak

razeak

Just doing my part lol.

Also, I almost spit my orange soda out when I saw the Elgin pic in regard to what you said. PERFECTION.

Trust me, when Owen was 6 or 7 and saying "I'd buy that for a dollar!" I could tell which person at the grocery store had seen Robocop lmao.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 22, 2024, 02:21:48 AMYeah, don't ruin the series for him.

Resurrection was the weirdest thing to me as a kid (like a live action cartoon really and kids like cartoons), but I am glad that I saw it, and Aliens was super especially that first viewing, but ³ got me into art in general, how it is made, and etcetera.

razeak

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 22, 2024, 10:56:09 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Jan 22, 2024, 02:21:48 AMYeah, don't ruin the series for him. Stop at 2...

Resurrection was the weirdest thing to me as a kid (like a live action cartoon really and kids like cartoons), but I am glad that I saw it, and Aliens was super especially that first viewing, but ³ got me into art in general, how it is made, and etcetera.
there is a lot to like about 3 if we aren't talking about the finished product. The set design, the alien, some of the supporting characters, the atmosphere. It's story, editing, and pacing are the problem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed