Prometheus & Alien Covenant no longer canon?

Started by Cougerboy, Jan 15, 2024, 08:49:31 AM

Author
Prometheus & Alien Covenant no longer canon? (Read 3,899 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 08:03:10 PMTotally.

I'll say they aren't going to just drop Prometheus and Covenant. They're too big of (and too new) additions to the franchise to just let go of. It's just how they write around those films going forward. They can choose to ignore and not acknowledge, but doesn't mean they are no longer part of the franchise. The Predator is no less an entry than PREY is, and yet, we can choose to not acknowledge it, and I think the studio will too going forward.

And I'm also just echoing what Perfect Organism has shared in the past with the films all being connected. Not giving too much away or how it's all linked at all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsZvvKGOQd_/?igsh=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

You say they are still connected but if they are ignoring the prequels then I do have to wonder what it is that is connecting them then.

I do personally hope the prequels get retconned (I reiterate that they are well made movies that are good on their own but really doesn't fit with the lore) but I am curious to see both how its going to ignore the prequels and be connected to them. 

It is interesting because honestly I have not really looked forward to any Alien, Predator or AVP media in awhile. Been disillusioned, but if the comments being made are true then my interest is certainly piqued.

I do have to ask something though Mike, I'm getting from all this that either you are working with them or have atleast access to what is going on, so has Hicks offered you the special personnal thing yet?  :)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 15, 2024, 08:23:35 PMI do have to ask something though Mike, I'm getting from all this that either you are working with them or have atleast access to what is going on, so has Hicks offered you the special personnal thing yet?  :)

I used to be staff many moons ago and actually started the podcast with Hicks as well. I've been around for a long, long time.  8)

The Cruentus

My bad, I didn't realize  :laugh:  I guess a lot of folks have come and gone, and back again. I can't recall how old this site actually is now that I think about it.
Been grateful for it though.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 15, 2024, 08:40:57 PMMy bad, I didn't realize  :laugh:  I guess a lot of folks have come and gone, and back again. I can't recall how old this site actually is now that I think about it.
Been grateful for it though.

2022 was the 20th anniversary of this site! It's still going strong all these years later.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 08:03:10 PMTotally.

I'll say they aren't going to just drop Prometheus and Covenant. They're too big of (and too new) additions to the franchise to just let go of. It's just how they write around those films going forward. They can choose to ignore and not acknowledge, but doesn't mean they are no longer part of the franchise. The Predator is no less an entry than PREY is, and yet, we can choose to not acknowledge it, and I think the studio will too going forward.

And I'm also just echoing what Perfect Organism has shared in the past with the films all being connected. Not giving too much away or how it's all linked at all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsZvvKGOQd_/?igsh=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ==

By all means feel free to give it all away and put it in spoiler tags instead of being coy.

The Cruentus

Pretty sure he would get in trouble for that, even if its spoiler tag, nothing is stopping some folk from copy-pasting it all over the internet.

Mike’s Monsters

I'm not going to do anything of that sort. I'll give little teases here and there, but not going to give any proper information away until it's officially released in it's entirety.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 09:02:31 PMI'm not going to do anything of that sort. I'll give little teases here and there, but not going to give any proper information away until it's officially released in it's entirety.
Why bother with teasers then? All or nothing, I say.

I just hate "spoiler" culture - "tee hee I have privileged information but I can't share it!" Nobody cares. Keep it to yourself or spill the beans.

SiL

Huh, so it's not just me.

Mike’s Monsters

I can totally keep to myself.

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 10:28:48 PMI can totally keep to myself.
It's not the first time you've been asked.

Mike’s Monsters

I'm aware. And I've got the hint, so I'll definitely be stopping going forward.
Again, not sharing anything detailed due to getting in trouble, but I've also not shared anything specifically too detailed. There's so much that's not known.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 10:35:04 PMI'm aware. And I've got the hint, so I'll definitely be stopping going forward.
Again, not sharing anything detailed due to getting in trouble, but I've also not shared anything specifically too detailed. There's so much that's not known.

Some of us don't mind the non-spoilerific teases you've shared - it keeps the excitement going. I for one appreciate it.

PAS Spinelli

My understanding of the statement is that the movies are canon, just not the origin of the aliens

SiL

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 15, 2024, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 10:35:04 PMI'm aware. And I've got the hint, so I'll definitely be stopping going forward.

Some of us don't mind the non-spoilerific teases you've shared - it keeps the excitement going. I for one appreciate it.
You can always DM him if you want teases.

Putting him on ignore doesn't work for people who don't appreciate it because they show up on quotes anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed