Aliens - My Own Cut - Cinema Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 03, 2023, 11:36:51 AM

Author
Aliens - My Own Cut - Cinema Series (Read 7,378 times)

SM

SM

Right down to the clanking chains and gyroscope toy on the dining table recalling the dippy bird.

SiL

SiL

Cameron put serious effort into trying to make his film follow from Scott's. You'll also notice there are a shitload more closeups in Aliens than in most Cameron movies, because Alien is full of close-ups especially in the second half (he mentions trying to keep up in the commentary).

Local Trouble

But he turned the aliens into bugs though.

Immortan Jonesy

Bugs :o ? 🪳

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 01, 2024, 02:19:48 PMalso - why don't they have the maps to their own facility.

Andrews would probably have that, or could request it.

the world building is nonsense. but whatever.

For real world reference, we tend to keep maps of the prison away from the prisoners. Only certain very specific staff have access to detailed maps/floorplans, but a generalized satellite view is readily away to all staff.

SM

SM

Boggs, Rains and Golic had a map while they were foraging.

Such an odd and easily debunked criticism.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2024, 10:44:43 AMBoggs, Rains and Golic had a map while they were foraging.

Yeah, there is that too.  :laugh:

And Aaron and Ripley had schematics/flooorplans while trying to figure out where the Alien was.

SM

SM

Yeah I mentioned that on the last page. They spend half a scene looking at and talking about it.

VeteranSergeant

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 23, 2023, 11:13:06 PM
Quote from: VeteranSergeant on Jul 11, 2023, 11:51:31 PMThe gerbil/hamster scene should go.  It is a "motion tracker fakeout" which is fine, but that fakeout happens twice in the movie which detracts from the tension of the second one. Since we need the Newt scene, this one needs to go. Not finding anything is way more scary than a cheap jump scare.

The sped-up shot of Vasquez and Hudson bursting into the room, looks bad - reason enough to dump the scene, imo.
Not to mention, as a former Marine, I find the idea of breaching a room with a four foot long machinegun amusing.

But, then again, these are the same guys searching a civilian habitation structure armed with flamethrowers.

BigDaddyJohn

The storming of the room in slo mo I always find horrible.

Elmazalman

It's a crap scene that has no business being in the film.

BigDaddyJohn

I said slo mo I meant sped up of course. I wonder why they even thought it was a good idea in the first place.

SM

SM

Probably looked awkward at normal speed, and Cameron wanted to show how badass they were.

Plus it was cut anyway.

BigDaddyJohn

That was a good call.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed