Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,635,708 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I believe ADI used the same molds or something like that because it was cheaper and quicker. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

SiL

SiL

You're correct. AvP was done on a relatively low budget for its scope, and reusing the Alien moulds was a way of helping keep costs down.

[cancerblack]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Same, I notice something new all the time.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Kradan

Kradan

Oooh, creepy

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 18, 2024, 08:43:36 AMOooh, creepy

Yes!

Not sure if that's the plaster body cast of the stunt performer, or Bolaji Badejo? It looks too small, but if it's for the stunt suit, it's sporting the head rest.

Unless, the smaller stunt suit originally did have the head rest - but was removed for Brett's death scene?

SiL

SiL

That's the Bolaji cast. Unlike later movies, the actor's head is in the Alien's head, not the neck.

According to Giger's Alien, Giger only did half sculpt, with someone doing the other side like a mirror image. All of the suits were cast from the one sculpt and modified to fit on the stunt guys, rather than sculpting multiple forms.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Endless legs.

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2024, 09:08:23 AMThat's the Bolaji cast. Unlike later movies, the actor's head is in the Alien's head, not the neck.

I think it was the same in Aliens. Never got why ADI never carried that on the thick necks always ruined the illusion to me. Especially in AVPR never felt like I was watching anything more than guys in suits

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BISHOP 93 on Apr 18, 2024, 08:32:28 PMI think it was the same in Aliens. Never got why ADI never carried that on the thick necks always ruined the illusion to me. Especially in AVPR never felt like I was watching anything more than guys in suits
Aliens had the performers' heads in the neck. They hide it well in the movie but in the behind the scenes you can see how awkwardly shaped the necks are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed