Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,134 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Damn spoilers.

I was trying to think where this scene happens?
Maybe the start of the third act?
The end of the third act?

How does it happen?
Does it enter and grow rapidly?
When it exits does it grow even quicker?
Does it enter Shaw, then face - hug her repeatedly creating multiple face huggers?
Is this the first face hugger? Is this the thing that comes out of the egg in ALIEN?
Is this Shaw trying to beat the "Prometheus myth" and not have her liver eaten?

Is this the beginning of the section that creates the DNA of ALIEN?
One thing I noticed is that there is the image of SHAW falling to her knees and David can be seen in the background talking to a wheelchair bound Peter Weyland.
So I'm hoping it happens not too far into the movie because it's a big spoiler, it's honestly the only real big spoiler I know about.

JKS1

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 25, 2012, 01:49:30 PM
Quote from: Kol on Apr 24, 2012, 02:53:15 PMhttp://i.imgur.com/SVzuX.png
My daughter was born by c-section, and I can tell you that the procedure is god-damned horrifying. They first have to cut through the outer skin and fat layers, part the abdominal muscles, cut some more, suck out the embryonic fluid and quite literally yank the baby out. Of course my wife felt nothing thanks to a quick shot of awesome into her spinal column, but if Shaw goes through a c-section without anesthetic then that is a whole world of unspeakable horror.

I have decided not to take my wife to this film.

If it gets the PG-13 rating that the m.oney grubbing suits are so fixated on then theres no way anything as horrific as that will be graphically depicted on screen

And stuff

Quote from: Kol on Apr 25, 2012, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 25, 2012, 10:58:02 AM
i just dont care that much to watch every trailer.

me either, but i am a bit surprised, that the japanese one has the blood and an open wound on shaw's belly and the rest gets some ink for blood -.-

That's the bandage, just folded funny.  Bloody bandage, but a bandage all the same.

Virgil

You guys and girls need to head over to itunes RIGHT NOW. They've just posted a new Prometheus video!!!!!!

And stuff

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 12:27:43 AM
You guys and girls need to head over to itunes RIGHT NOW. They've just posted a new Prometheus video!!!!!!

Very sweet.  I liked this too.  I was wondering if it would have a face or not.  Glad they stuck to the original idea.  This is new to me at least.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Virgil_uk on Apr 26, 2012, 12:27:43 AM

Some beautiful visuals in there

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Not a fan of Marshal-Green's amateur hamminess though  :P :P :P

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The one line he had in this preview, he was just excited. I don't know about you, but I've seen people that excited before... it's not exactly out of the ordinary unless you're living in a retirement home.

Considering it's part of his enthusiastic character and he just traveled across the galaxy to discover what could possibly relate to the creation of mankind, and he's just about to enter the home of these 'gods', you'd think some excitement would be warranted and not, you know, hammy?

But yeah, I'll just put him in the pile with Lindelof of random things to hate.

JKS1

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 26, 2012, 06:15:11 AM
The one line he had in this preview, he was just excited. I don't know about you, but I've seen people that excited before... it's not exactly out of the ordinary unless you're living in a retirement home.

Considering it's part of his enthusiastic character and he just traveled across the galaxy to discover what could possibly relate to the creation of mankind, and he's just about to enter the home of these 'gods', you'd think some excitement would be warranted and not, you know, hammy?

But yeah, I'll just put him in the pile with Lindelof of random things to hate.

'Excitement' needn't be hammy, yet he makes it hammier than a pig farm

Bill Paxton in Aliens exhibited similar traits but did it totally convincingly, with Marshall-Green I just dont 'buy it' - obvious 'acting' of a pretty bad sort........

............. there's nothing 'random' about not liking it either

Space Sweeper

Wait, his bit of excitement at the beginning of this (about to venture into what could be the greatest discovery by mankind) was hammy, but Bill Paxton's "Ultimate Badass" monologe (before facing an unknown alien enemy that has wiped out an entire colony) wasn't?

Spoiler
[close]

JKS1

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 26, 2012, 11:10:38 AM
Wait, his bit of excitement at the beginning of this (about to venture into what could be the greatest discovery by mankind) was hammy, but Bill Paxton's "Ultimate Badass" monologe (before facing an unknown alien enemy that has wiped out an entire colony) wasn't?

Spoiler
[close]

Not saying it wasnt but the performance was believable, not something I could say of what I've seen of LMG so far, and I went to the trouble of checking out some of his other stuff on the web and yep.......would you believe it..........he's a pretty crappy C list actor all round......f**k knows why they picked him for Prometheus !!!????

[insert hilarious gif here that essentially says 'naa naa nu naa naaaah']
::) ::) ::)

OpenMaw

Spoiler
[close]

Nope. Bill Paxton was ace as Hudson. This guy, in this particular scene anyway, isn't. He's BAW. Big time, BAW.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 26, 2012, 02:07:48 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Nope. Bill Paxton was ace as Hudson. This guy, in this particular scene anyway, isn't. He's BAW. Big time, BAW.

scene? it's a one second glimpse of a scene...  ::)
i can't understand this much dislike for marhshall-green. i think he will have an more important role, than people admit it.

Spoiler
you all will be cheer up, when rapace kills him in the movie, though.
[close]

OpenMaw

Quote from: Kol on Apr 26, 2012, 02:11:55 PM
i think he will have an more important role, than people admit it.

What exactly does that have to do with his performance being kinda shoddy? If he does have this kind of issue with acting, then less of him will be better. I mean, if you agreed with that initial part, wouldn't you agree? Having him be more important with a bad performance is a bad thing.

Kol

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 26, 2012, 02:37:11 PM

What exactly does that have to do with his performance being kinda shoddy? If he does have this kind of issue with acting, then less of him will be better. I mean, if you agreed with that initial part, wouldn't you agree? Having him be more important with a bad performance is a bad thing.

playing a douchebag & superior-being-mutation in the same movie requires two different strands; two-types of acting, when it's indeed script-driven.
and in the end: the director decides how a actor represent his role.

i just guess that holloway is an unlikeable character.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Kol on Apr 26, 2012, 03:24:11 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 26, 2012, 02:37:11 PM

playing a douchebag & superior-being-mutation in the same movie requires two different strands; two-types of acting, when it's indeed script-driven.
and in the end: the director decides how a actor represent his role.

i just guess that holloway is an unlikeable character.

See, I think that's the point. Holloway isn't supposed to be a douchebag. from what it looks like he's supposed to be a bit of a tragic character. The way he sits on the bed with Shaw's unconscious form behind him indicates he does give a damn. It's just that the performance is not backing that up.

I'm not going to blame Ridley for a bad actor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed