Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info)

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Jun 11, 2012, 02:37:46 AM

Author
Ridley Scott might add 20 minutes to a Prometheus Extended Cut (+ more info) (Read 41,547 times)

departedhero20

he better make an extended cut i dont like the idea of adding the scenes has extras i think thats a very halfass shitty thing to do considering the fact that every movie he has made has more than one cut but with this one he wants to leave it has it is i hope he thinks long hand hard if he likes the movie the way it is that much than be a true business man and make the bluray contain and extended cut and an original cut so people be able tho choose which version they like best its only logical and smart to give the viewer choice and give them more for the money they pay for not less or the same. the movie felt incomplete and rushed to me i believe if ridley is such a smart business man has he believes himself to be he would do the extended cut bluray but also allowing u to choose which version u wish to see if the original cut since he loved iot so much or the version every fan wants to see and extended cut the one that every one truly wants to see and if they do a sequel i hope it shows that shaw reaches the homeworld of the engineers but what if the space jockeys or engineers were created by something else what if the true creators of the xenomorph that we know and life has we know it has a connection to the predators or something like that i just see this has an opportunity to expand and create something memorable. i say a true business man finds a way to make more money by actually pleasing the fan base by giving them what they want in the end is there money that makes them rich and able to live the way they do.

Vickers

So, am I understanding this right...

We're getting 20 additional minutes in the extended cut.
And then separate from that, we're getting 30 minutes worth of deleted scenes as extras?

departedhero20

Vickers my understanding of this interview is that the movie had about 20 minutes of cut footage but he doesnt know if he will reintegrated in to the movie has an extended cut or leave it has extras. i believe if that is the case that is bullshit since every single movie he has made has 2 or even 3 versions so why know he wants to keep this one has it is that doesnt sound like such a smart business man practice to me. :)

szkoki

szkoki

scenes not in the movie

for example:
noomi's fight with the engineer
Janek talks to Vickers after Charlie's death

+

Weyland, Shaw, Ford and the 2 mercenaries walking into the fight with Fifield during their way to the alien ship

Fifield saying "its a starmap"

we have never seen that bowl

David smiling , goo dancing

Shaw on the floor in front of Engie

marrerom

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 11, 2012, 01:18:06 PM

we have never seen that bowl

its one of those bowls that the engineer drank from on the beginning of the film

TrixieVanSickle

One thing  that they really really need to include is the TED footage of young Weyland.  My friend saw the movie without seeing the virals and thought of Weyland as just a scared old man afraid to die.  The viral footage of Weyland really conveys his hubris and god complex, along with tying together a lot of the film, showing his ambition to actually be Prometheus.
It also gives some insight to the lack of relationship between Vickers and Weyland. She refers to him as a "king" but to the theater audience, he is just a rich old man who wanted a son.  The TED footage shows how he really does want to build a kingdom, which is why he wants a son.

Blacklabel

^ That. Really liked that TED talk. :D Just improve some of the special effects.. and voila.

Here's hoping the added scenes can solve some of the problems that i have with the flick.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 11, 2012, 09:57:44 AM
When is Ridley going to come up with something fresh?  Prometheus was mined from the ore of Alien's past.

Now, even with his Blade Runner sequel, the scene he describes (farmland) is the scene he originally wanted to open Blade Runner with!

Ridley.  Please stop.

Well, he's also doing adaptations of The Forever War and Brave New World, so there's freshness in his future as well.

But, I do see what you mean.

Anyways, look forward to the extended cut. While I did enjoy the film considerably, it also felt like there was something missing as I was watching it.

Zenzucht

David could watch not only the Lawrence of Arabia, but also the TED speech.

I believe that incinerating Fifield was not enough, they are going to kill the motherf**ker definitely when they try to transfer to the Juggernaut control room.

alsaries

I think is great that Ridley Scott made Prometheus.  It sounds like some people here would have preferred that the movie had never been made.  Thank you Ridley for a fantastic movie.

mastermoon

mastermoon

The best part is Prometheus will now be 144 minutes long, also it will not feel so cut up.

Berserker Pred

This is great! More Prometheus to watch!

nostromo mechanic

I really look forward to new footage AND the commentary!

Snowdog

If they mix the Ted talk with the opening scene. I think they could make a very powerfull and interesting scene. And it would give Weyland a lot more background information.

mastermoon

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 11, 2012, 02:43:30 AM
Well, there we have it. It's essentially ALIEN 3 all over again. We won't actually see the film til its home video release. Yay. ::)

Of course, even at two and a half hours this film won't even touch the Assembly Cut of A3.

I have a strong feeling everyone will like the extended cut of Prometheus better then the theatrical cut.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed