Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 12:58:13 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Yesterday at 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 17, 2024, 01:14:06 PMIt is when people imply that just being on this site means we all have to be drones that will go see the movie in cinema. not all fans are sheep.

This 100%.

There is a clear distinction between being a consumerist fanboy and a fan.  I fall squarely into the latter category. There's not a chance in hell that I'll be going to the cinema to watch this movie, especially given that the trailer/promo shots are indicating 'member berries crap, coupled with this being a Disney production and there not having been a decent Alien movie since Alien 3. I'll check the movie out once there are quality HD rips on the Bay, but not until then.

Likewise, those of us who are genuinely looking forward to seeing the movie and are excited by what we have seen and heard from the marketing so far do not all fall into the category of "consumerist fanboys". Honestly, the 'True Fan TM' bullshit is getting old now. If people don't want to see the movie (whether that be in cinema, or at all, be it for reasons that you simply aren't interested, it hasn't grabbed you, on ethical grounds, or whatever) that's perfectly fine, more power to you guys! I was exactly the same with 'The Predator'- it did nothing for me, I didn't go to cinema nor buy it on physical media, and found it was even worse than expected when I finally saw a download. I get it. This fandom is incredibly diverse, and different elements of the movies speak to each of us. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But this constant suggestion (whether intended or not) that anyone and everyone who is genuinely excited and looking forward to this movie are somehow mindless drones/ sheep / consuming fanboys / lack critical thinking etc etc (have I missed any from past comments?) is just getting tiresome.. this is the Romulus catch all thread, and as someone pointed out earlier, they scrolled through 5 pages during the course of half a football match to read absolutely nothing but squabbling.

There are no "fanboys" here... we are all fans.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens on Earth as a third...
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 12:45:56 AM
Aliens being loose on Earth would mean the eventual end of humanity, and that's what I would like to see if filmmakers really took the story here. They would start in one part of the planet and slowly but surely take over the rest. By the time people knew the problem the genie would be out of the bottle and nearly impossible to control. Guerrilla warfare with sneaky killers mixed in with hordes everywhere. Good luck.
Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] Alien: Romulus ...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:42:19 AM
Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] Alien: Romulus ...
Last post by GrimmVision - Today at 12:35:32 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 12:24:38 AMMe neither, but Alien 3 raised a lot of questions.  It's like my ooze theory about the egg.  I don't like that either, but it's kinda the best of the bad explanations.

What's your ooze theory? :o
Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] More Alien: Rom...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:18:16 AM
You really need to bring back your angry Bill-from-True-Blood avatar.  Your posts just aren't the same without it.
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 12:13:42 AM
Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Yesterday at 11:33:49 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Yesterday at 06:39:08 AMWatched Alien Covenant again last night...

So David created a bunch of Alien eggs two of the face huggers managed to perform their functions but there were more shown in that scene.

What if the "big chap" on the stretcher is actually the remains of the first Alien killed as they try and get back to the Covenant? Feels more plausible that they worked found that site and got specimens than the random floating alien in space idea.

You're going to have to accept that the premise of this movie is silly and dumb at best. It's gonna require a very turned-off brain or mental gymnastics to enjoy.

Yeah, but 'member Big Chap? Oooohhh, I 'member Big Chap! 'Member Hicks showing Ripley how to use a pulse rifle? Oooohhh yeah, I 'member that!
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Yesterday at 11:46:23 PM
Lightsaber whip. Yep, I'm out.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by St_Eddie - Yesterday at 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 17, 2024, 01:14:06 PMIt is when people imply that just being on this site means we all have to be drones that will go see the movie in cinema. not all fans are sheep.

This 100%.

There is a clear distinction between being a consumerist fanboy and a casual fan (with shades of grey in between).  I fall squarely into the latter category. There's not a chance in hell that I'll be going to the cinema to watch this movie, especially given that the trailer/promo shots are indicating 'member berries crap, coupled with this being a Disney production (yuk!) and there not having been a decent Alien movie since Alien 3. I'll check the movie out once there are quality HD rips on the Bay, but not until then.

Just because I check this site/forum out once or twice a week (around 10-20 minutes in total) does not dictate that I'll be rushing to watch this movie at the soonest possible opportunity.
Last post by Feeds On Minds - Yesterday at 11:33:49 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Yesterday at 06:39:08 AMWatched Alien Covenant again last night...

So David created a bunch of Alien eggs two of the face huggers managed to perform their functions but there were more shown in that scene.

What if the "big chap" on the stretcher is actually the remains of the first Alien killed as they try and get back to the Covenant? Feels more plausible that they worked found that site and got specimens than the random floating alien in space idea.

You're going to have to accept that the premise of this movie is silly and dumb at best. It's gonna require a very turned-off brain or mental gymnastics to enjoy.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed