Author
Dead Space (Read 93,081 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 24, 2009, 01:53:05 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 23, 2009, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Mar 23, 2009, 09:27:28 PM
Feather the double shots.

What does that mean? Keep them spread out so the gun doesn't overheat?

I imagine it means alternating fire.

Kewpie doll for thee.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 24, 2009, 01:33:43 AM
Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Mar 24, 2009, 01:17:49 AM
Holy goddamn your good. It took me at least five tries to beat it normally.
Got the one for the Slug boss on my first try :D
Me too. :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If I end up replaying it on Impossible, I'm sticking to the Plasma Cutter and Line Gun. Plasma Cutter is a great power weapon and the LG will easily cut through waves of enemies.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's how I did my Impossible run: plasma cutter and line gun. Playing through on Impossible is actually easiest if you go with one gun only, but I wanted a bit more of a challenge so I took a second.

dachande89

dachande89

I used Line gun, Plasma Cutter, and the Pulse Rifle for when the tentacles grabbed me....

And not trying to ruin it for anyone, So SPOILER WARNING!!!

Was anyone else kinda pissed at the end of the game? I mean, you survive all this stuff, fight through hordes and hordes of horrible nightmarish creatures, and he's dead in the end. It was a poetic death (his girl friend killing him when all he was trying to do was save her and his own life) but still I was angry that after all that shit he died.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: dachande89 on Mar 24, 2009, 04:06:03 PM
I used Line gun, Plasma Cutter, and the Pulse Rifle for when the tentacles grabbed me....

Was anyone else kinda pissed at the end of the game? I mean, you survive all this stuff, fight through hordes and hordes of horrible nightmarish creatures, and he's dead in the end. It was a poetic death (his girl friend killing him when all he was trying to do was save her and his own life) but still I was angry that after all that shit he died.

We really dont know if he dies it just shows him getting attack.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hell, it could have been a hallucination, we don't know.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 24, 2009, 03:35:37 PM
That's how I did my Impossible run: plasma cutter and line gun. Playing through on Impossible is actually easiest if you go with one gun only, but I wanted a bit more of a challenge so I took a second.

One gun only, easiest?? That's surprising to me. I'm guessing because you were able to carry more ammo at once?

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

That and it is easier to upgrade to all of your stuff with only one gun.

Xhan

Xhan

She didn't kill him, and she wasn't a 'morph. Rewatch the end. Necro's have distinct features, none of which she has, including language skills. He was hallucinating, as he had been since life support went to shit.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: Xhan on Mar 25, 2009, 01:15:59 AM

She didn't kill him, and she wasn't a 'morph. Rewatch the end. Necro's have distinct features, none of which she has, including language skills. He was hallucinating, as he had been since life support went to shit.

See that makes more sense. I was wondering why she was still so human if she had died so long ago. So does this mean he's going to be suffering from hallucinations forever? Even though he destroyed the Queen and the.... giant crystal thing? (I forgot what they called it).

Nobody

Nobody

Quote from: dachande89 on Mar 25, 2009, 01:27:45 AM

See that makes more sense. I was wondering why she was still so human if she had died so long ago. So does this mean he's going to be suffering from hallucinations forever? Even though he destroyed the Queen and the.... giant crystal thing? (I forgot what they called it).
All we need now is for Weyland Yutani to answer a distress signal from Aegis...
;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 24, 2009, 10:59:35 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 24, 2009, 03:35:37 PM

One gun only, easiest?? That's surprising to me. I'm guessing because you were able to carry more ammo at once?
Exactly. Enemies drop ammo based on what guns you have in your on-hand inventory, so if you only have one gun you'll only get ammo for that gun, and essentially never run out of ammo.

He was hallucinating before life support started to screw up; the Marker was causing the hallucinations, not the life support system. Isaac spent the entire game completely isolated from the bad air (which he fixed anyway) since he was using a pressurized suit that could handle the vacuum of space.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think Xhan is probably aware of that.  I think what Xhan was saying is that they didn't start UNTIL life support went down.

Kind of like Kendra not seeing her brother to a certain point.

I can't honestly remember what the first non necromorph citing was.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I was just pointing out that the life support had nothing to do with Isaac's hallucinations, since he was totally isolated from the bad air on the Ishimura. Not to mention that the hallucinations continued not just after he fixed the air, but after he left the ship.

Not to mention the Marker caused hallucinations both among the miners on Aegis 7 and the crew of the Ishimura well before Isaac and his team even arrived (as shown in the comic book and animated movie prequels).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed