All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,880,880 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have kind of grown to find The Clone Wars pretty insufferable, well, anything by Dave Filoni now.

He rarely ever delves, just presents.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 03, 2024, 07:10:46 PMI have kind of grown to find The Clone Wars pretty insufferable.

It should have remained a line in ANH. Why we must take every line like "kissel run" and depict it I'll never understand.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have no issue with exploring the concept, but when I think of both Count Dooku and General Grevious in The Clone Wars I feel nothing, just like the series starting with Episode 3 designs for characters rather than gradually seeing them get there from the end of Episode 2.

I just find the execution on the whole a bit f**king toothless.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 03, 2024, 07:16:02 PMI have no issue with exploring the concept, but when I think of both Count Dooku and General Grevious in The Clone Wars I feel nothing, just like the series starting with Episode 3 designs for characters rather than gradually seeing them get there from the end of Episode 2.

I just find the execution on the whole a bit f**king toothless.

I think The Clones should have been ruthless soldiers fighting The Jedi. That only the Jedi Knights could stand against them.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 07:19:15 PMI think The Clones should have been ruthless soldiers fighting The Jedi. That only the Jedi Knights could stand against them.

In the end, that is what they amounted to.

I think it's important for the cyclical storytelling of Lucas' six part arc that the Clone Troopers, proto-Stormtroopers that they are, representative of what would go on to be one of the most distinct faces of evil in the Original Trilogy, begin life on the side of "good" in the war that Palpatine is manipulating/orchestrating into existence. Much like how we see the sleek visuals of the Prequel trilogy slowly give way to the design language of the Original Trilogy over the course of the narrative, we also see familiar forms "invert" from where they once stood from one side of the conflict to the other as a way to make us really look at and question good the two sides of the coin that led to the rise of the Empire.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

ace3g

ace3g

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Loved getting to see The Phantom Menace on the big screen again today.

ace3g

ace3g

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 12:49:28 PMI think it's cope now, isn't it?

I'm behind.

I have heard "cope and seethe", so maybe I got away with it?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have heard some coping around him surviving, I simply seethe at how dull Star Wars can be.

I love that Hunter goes through the same character arc three times but fundamentally never changes.

The Empire being fascistic's no excuse for having no nuance, just look at ANH or Andor, they are the most abhorrent and have the most depth in the most leftist piece of Star Wars media to be conceived.

It's just... yawn, what they did with the Delta Squad characters, and the Clones, at large.

TilotnyWorshiper28

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed