Prey Deleted Scenes

Started by Darkness, Aug 06, 2022, 06:34:52 AM

Author
Prey Deleted Scenes (Read 4,967 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Were there any scenes from the trailers or anywhere that weren't in the final film?

So far I've got Julian Black Antelope who plays Chief Kehetu saying some of his scenes were cut out.

QuoteMy character, Chief Kehetu had his own storyline, which involved another character named Wasape, played by Stormee Kipp. It was kind of like the changing of the guard, so to speak, my character was well on his way out the door, he was dying, crippled and needed to find a successor to pass the torch onto, and so his eyes were always on the males traditionally; never ever considered a female. Rather than pull the focus from Amber Midthunder's character, from Naru's storyline, they chose to just focus everything on her. Which is totally understandable. But there was quite a bit of scenes that were cut back with Chief Kehetu that would be cool to see, but I still think everyone's going to be super pumped for what they get to see.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

There's a quick shot of Feral loading/dropping a bolt into the spear gun that's not in the film.

Kailem

Kailem

The bit with Naru saying "whatever's out there, I can kill it" when she's in the cage was removed. And I think her "I'm trying to protect you/protect me from what?" exchange with Taabe was cut too wasn't it? The scene was there, but I don't remember her saying that line.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 06, 2022, 06:34:52 AMWere there any scenes from the trailers or anywhere that weren't in the final film?

So far I've got Julian Black Antelope who plays Chief Kehetu saying some of his scenes were cut out.

QuoteMy character, Chief Kehetu had his own storyline, which involved another character named Wasape, played by Stormee Kipp. It was kind of like the changing of the guard, so to speak, my character was well on his way out the door, he was dying, crippled and needed to find a successor to pass the torch onto, and so his eyes were always on the males traditionally; never ever considered a female. Rather than pull the focus from Amber Midthunder's character, from Naru's storyline, they chose to just focus everything on her. Which is totally understandable. But there was quite a bit of scenes that were cut back with Chief Kehetu that would be cool to see, but I still think everyone's going to be super pumped for what they get to see.

Yeah they mention the Warchief being sick early in the film still but it never comes up again.

I wondered if something was missing there myself.

Kailem

Kailem

The French trappers already knowing about the Predator felt like a subplot that was trimmed back a lot too. It was kinda jarring to have that one guy just go up to her and be like "what do you know about this creature?/I think it's looking for the strongest prey", when we'd had no indication whatsoever that Feral had encountered them at any point in the movie yet.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 06, 2022, 12:09:40 PMThe French trappers already knowing about the Predator felt like a subplot that was trimmed back a lot too. It was kinda jarring to have that one guy just go up to her and be like "what do you know about this creature?/I think it's looking for the strongest prey", when we'd had no indication whatsoever that Feral had encountered them at any point in the movie yet.

I took the first red explosions witnessed by Naru when facing the lion as that indication.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I guess in retrospect that must have been it, though at the time I took it as him closing in on the lion.

Given that we got some cool scenes of Feral on his own hunting stuff (the wolf scene was great) I just felt like it would have made that moment feel a bit more "earned" if we'd cut away at some point to some sort of encounter between some of those trappers and Feral (maybe they arrive just in time to see him hanging some of their skinned buddies up from a tree and see him leaping away, etc.), rather than feeling like them knowing all about him came out of nowhere.

I imagine it's mostly because they didn't want the trappers to be properly revealed until Naru is captured by them, but it definitely made that part feel a little "off" to me.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Was there a scene with the predator in front of the cave like the trailer/poster? Maybe I just missed it.

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah we saw him using some sort of spray to "melt" the skin off the wolf's skull after he kills it, then he stand up when he hears Sarii barking and heads out to fight the bear.

ace3g

ace3g

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

ace3g

ace3g

Here is another one from trailer that didn't make final cut.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login. 

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 06, 2022, 12:09:40 PMThe French trappers already knowing about the Predator felt like a subplot that was trimmed back a lot too. It was kinda jarring to have that one guy just go up to her and be like "what do you know about this creature?/I think it's looking for the strongest prey", when we'd had no indication whatsoever that Feral had encountered them at any point in the movie yet.
How do you know that's what he said?  I tried turning on subtitles and all I got was French.

Kailem

Kailem

That's what he's saying to Naru in English.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 07, 2022, 02:09:53 PMHow do you know that's what he said?  I tried turning on subtitles and all I got was French.
Besides those lines being English, some people do speak French. :laugh:

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

#releasethetrachtenbergcut :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed