Alien: Night Shift - 40th Anniversary Short Film

Started by aliens13, Apr 09, 2019, 05:24:37 PM

Author
Alien: Night Shift - 40th Anniversary Short Film (Read 28,442 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2019, 01:09:30 PM
Quote from: Not Jonsey on Apr 15, 2019, 01:03:40 PM
Jonsey made it to the end of both Alien and Aliens! So that's 6 for 6!

Lol! Touche.

Just to be even meaner, Alien 3 should have included a line from Michael Bishop telling Ripley that they'd euthanize and vivisect her cat just in case if she wouldn't play ball.

Samhain13

Instead of AR we should have gotten an Alien 4 about Jones going after WY for what happened to Ripley.

Huggs

The only male lead I want to see in an alien movie would be Tom Hardy. Barring that, I don't care, as long as the actress is capable.

But for God's sake, can we please get Cillian Murphy in an alien movie already!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 15, 2019, 05:05:19 PM
The only male lead I want to see in an alien movie would be Tom Hardy.

Why so hardy for Hardy? Someone like James McAvoy is so clearly better suited for Alien than mumbles!

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 15, 2019, 05:35:24 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 15, 2019, 05:05:19 PM
The only male lead I want to see in an alien movie would be Tom Hardy.

Why so hardy for Hardy? Someone like James McAvoy is so clearly better suited for Alien than mumbles!

McAvoy is in everything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 15, 2019, 03:43:36 PM
If it was telegraphed by the script and director, indeed it would be counterproductive. But I believe any good ensemble horror script can hide it as well as marketing.

For sure. If that's what they're aiming for. I wouldn't mind an attempt from one of the later films to do that - regardless of character sex.

SM

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 15, 2019, 02:36:18 PM
Remember the good old days when nobody gave a shit about the gender or race of a lead character and it was all about the quality of the movie?  I miss those days, I had a Sega Dreamcast and optimism

The "good old days" when nearly all film heroes were straight white men, and the people who didn't give a shit were also straight white men and that suited them just fine?  The ones who now complain about the "good old days" because more women and people of colour are invading their straight white male movies?

Yeah.

Those were the days.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2019, 08:50:19 PM
Remember the good old days when nobody gave a shit about the gender or race of a lead character and it was all about the quality of the movie?  I miss those days, I had a Sega Dreamcast and optimism

The "good old days" when nearly all film heroes were straight white men, and the people who didn't give a shit were also straight white men and that suited them just fine?  The ones who now complain about the "good old days" because more women and people of colour are invading their straight white male movies?

Yeah.

Those were the days.

Pretty much.

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2019, 08:50:19 PM

Yeah.

Those were the days.

Nightlord

Oh come on.
We all love a movie series that has had a female lead before it was cool.

I'm sure he meant when there wasn't so much bickering about almost any decision surrounding the making of a movie and instead people wanted to just discuss the material in the movie.

SM

As long as it doesn't include the gender or race of the hero.  Sure.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 15, 2019, 09:02:33 PM
Oh come on.
We all love a movie series that has had a female lead before it was cool.

I'm sure he meant when there wasn't so much bickering about almost any decision surrounding the making of a movie and instead people wanted to just discuss the material in the movie.

Indeed.

SiL

Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 15, 2019, 09:02:33 PM
I can't think of a time in history where people didn't bicker about production decisions. It's not a recent phenomena, it's just amplified by the internet, as most things are.

The idea that the race and gender of a character has never been a point of contention for some people before the last twenty years is insane :D

LastSonofKrypton

I was referring to growing up in the nineties, watching Buffy, Spawn, Blade, Spiderman, Terminator, Alien, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Power Rangers, and loving them for the quality of the show, back when the internet was in its infancy, and long before 90% of people on the left and right of the political aisles devolved into easily offended jizz buckets

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Apr 15, 2019, 11:18:54 PM
I was referring to growing up in the nineties, watching Buffy, Spawn, Blade, Spiderman, Terminator, Alien, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Power Rangers, and loving them for the quality of the show, back when the internet was in its infancy, and long before 90% of people on the left and right of the political aisles devolved into easily offended jizz buckets

I want this on a T-Shirt. The whole damned thing!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed