20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS)

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Feb 07, 2013, 10:30:50 AM

Author
20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS) (Read 7,748 times)

unwittytitle

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 07, 2013, 01:42:36 PM
just watched the marine playtrough of avp2010 on nightmare and the xenos looked deadly and FAST, but these ones....

It's the first level and it's on normal difficulty, so I'm not sure if that is really a fair comparison. Granted, the limited footage does raise question's concerning xeno AI and tactics, but perhaps more in game footage is needed

szkoki

i just wish u are right bro

JokersWarPig

I understand that normal people shouldn't be able to kick a xenomorph off of them (not watching this video, going off the live stream) but these aren't normal people like the crew of the nostromo. Parker was a big guy and he got destroyed when he went fist to cuffs with Kane's son because he tackled it. Winter is reacting defensively and is probably using ALL of his lower body strength to kick the xeno back.
Now I'm not saying we should be able to kill one with melee/ wrestle around with one in game but when you take into account these guys are marines and marines have the best hand to hand combat training around and are in top physical condition, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he can kick one off of himself. For the record I'm all for not being able to do this, but at the same time if I was in a similar situation i'd try and kick the aggressor away.

OpenMaw

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 07, 2013, 03:24:57 PM
I understand that normal people shouldn't be able to kick a xenomorph off of them (not watching this video, going off the live stream) but these aren't normal people like the crew of the nostromo. Parker was a big guy and he got destroyed when he went fist to cuffs with Kane's son because he tackled it. Winter is reacting defensively and is probably using ALL of his lower body strength to kick the xeno back.
Now I'm not saying we should be able to kill one with melee/ wrestle around with one in game but when you take into account these guys are marines and marines have the best hand to hand combat training around and are in top physical condition, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he can kick one off of himself. For the record I'm all for not being able to do this, but at the same time if I was in a similar situation i'd try and kick the aggressor away.

It is out of the realm of physical possibility because we witnessed the physical strength of the aliens in all three of the original movies and nobody, not one, ever was able to grapple with the alien and escape if it got ahold of them. Nobody.

Brett
Parker
Lambert
Apone
Dietrich
Wierzbowski
Hudson

Newt
Andrews
Kevin

et cetera.

Salt The Fries

I know German, learned it for 10 years but I couldn't be bothered to watch the video because I don't want any spoilers.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 07, 2013, 03:32:37 PM

It is out of the realm of physical possibility because we witnessed the physical strength of the aliens in all three of the original movies and nobody, not one, ever was able to grapple with the alien and escape if it got ahold of them. Nobody.

Brett
Parker
Lambert
Apone
Dietrich
Wierzbowski
Hudson

Newt
Andrews
Kevin

et cetera.
If newt was able to grapple with an AlienI'd lose ALL respect for the franchise  :D
Brett and Parker weren't trained. Probably not in the same physical condition as a USCM marine.
Apone and Dietrich where lifted upwards where there was no surface to use their strength. Dietrich was also taken by surprise and from behind.
Wierzbowski was taken off screen and was also disoriented by the explosion, the number of Xeno's that grabbed him could also be debated.
Hudson didn't win no, but he did manage to hold on for a short time and that says something considering he was being pulled downwards.
Who is Kevin?... if he's from A3 or resurrection that's why I don't remember him
In the video Winter at least has leverage to use his strength to his advantage.

OpenMaw

Hudson held on for absolutely zero time on his own. The alien was taking him into the vent. It was only because Hicks was there to hold onto Hudson. That's two marines to one alien. Aliens have the capacity to bash through metal doors, lift a human being effortlessly into the sealing.

You keep saying Parker wasn't "trained" there is no anti-xenomorph hand-to-hand training in the colonial marine regiment. Parker was a tough cookie, and he was reduced to nothing in seconds. The alien has the advantage in physical strength, always has.

Do you think a human, even a trained marine, could successfully grapple with a lion without at the very least, being seriously hurt? Probaly not. Well, an Alien is even worse.

Salt The Fries

This all further dilutes the legacy of the original Alien as if it wasn't bad enough that only Aliens is a staple of pop culture and video game references, not Alien at all! And too many games shamelessly base themselves on Aliens, including most Aliens games too.

Doobios

why does everyone seem to forget vasquez basically wrestled the alien and pinned its head against the wall long enough to shoot it. sounds like wrestling to me and sure looked like it.

unwittytitle

unwittytitle

Brett
Parker
Lambert
Apone
Dietrich
Wierzbowski
Hudson

Newt
Andrews
Kevin

et cetera.

Be sure to emphasize that the genetically enhanced Ripley clone, and the andriod Call were never shown man-handling a xeno either.

edit- now that i think anout it, wasnt there a scene in Rez where Riley ripped out the inner mouth of a xeno... either way though the above poster is correct about vasquez, unless of course that alien was already injured (seeing as they were firing a lot of rounds down those tunnels)

PLEXI

Xenos can be held off physically under the right circumstances. The inital wrestle with the Lurker isn't completely out of the realm of possibility but is handled very poorly. Vasquez was able to pin a Xeno against a wall using her lower body strength, it is not unreasonable to assume that Winter could at the very least push it away for a second. The Xeno was clearly overpowering Winter, and had it not been for the gun fire, would have made short work of him.

The problem is it is now a common occurance and quick time with each Lurker's pounce apparently. These 'close encounters' should be extremly rare and require a high degree of skill with a good chance of failing... Even with this exceptionally stupid and weak strain of Xenomorphs.

Doobios

^^^^ thank you , first time i have seen someone acknowledge vasquez pinning the xenon

OpenMaw

It isn't the first time. The discussion has been had before.

Vasquez does not count, because the alien did not actually have a grip on Vasquez. It fell on or near her, she pinned it, and immediately shot it. It never got a grip on her. Nobody who has ever actually been grabbed by an alien has gotten away.

Quote from: unwittytitle on Feb 07, 2013, 03:54:13 PM
edit- now that i think anout it, wasnt there a scene in Rez where Riley ripped out the inner mouth of a xeno... either way though the above poster is correct about vasquez, unless of course that alien was already injured (seeing as they were firing a lot of rounds down those tunnels)

She pulls the flaccid tongue out of a xeno corpse. She killed said xeno with a gun.

Doobios

Doobios

ok i understand it didnt get its hands on her but she clearly overpowers it and holds it down. can we agree with that ? theres no other explanation for that. If its as powerful as we all think she shouldnt have been to clearly hold it down with one foot,

and power is power , it doesnt matter who gets who first. if im stronger then you , and you grab me first i should easily get out of your grip. and i know its debatable but, it looks like she wrestles with it for a few seconds before pinning it.

Valaquen

Brett
Parker
Lambert
Apone
Dietrich
Wierzbowski
Hudson

Newt
Andrews
Kevin

et cetera.
Dillon. Thrown on his back and powerless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed