20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS)

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Feb 07, 2013, 10:30:50 AM

Author
20 min of SP footage from early release (In German) (SPOILERS) (Read 7,748 times)

WinterActual

I would like to see a WY merc from Alien 3 ending fighting a xeno  :laugh:

JokersWarPig

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 07, 2013, 03:48:14 PM
Hudson held on for absolutely zero time on his own. The alien was taking him into the vent. It was only because Hicks was there to hold onto Hudson. That's two marines to one alien. Aliens have the capacity to bash through metal doors, lift a human being effortlessly into the sealing.

You keep saying Parker wasn't "trained" there is no anti-xenomorph hand-to-hand training in the colonial marine regiment. Parker was a tough cookie, and he was reduced to nothing in seconds. The alien has the advantage in physical strength, always has.

Do you think a human, even a trained marine, could successfully grapple with a lion without at the very least, being seriously hurt? Probaly not. Well, an Alien is even worse.

I never said Winter shouldn't be hurt by it. I said it was a possibility. Winter should have been hurt in some way.
TRaining may not be important but you cant say it doesn't factor in. I'm not saying its easy to do what Winter did or you wont get harmed. I'm saying that i can believe that specific situation that I saw where Winter booted the alien off of him, if no other reason than for gameplay at the very least I'll continue to believe it

OpenMaw

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 07, 2013, 09:05:12 PM
I never said Winter shouldn't be hurt by it.

Which you aren't.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 07, 2013, 09:05:12 PM
if no other reason than for gameplay at the very least I'll continue to believe it

Yeah, it's a gameplay mechanic that shouldn't be there in the first place. It kills tension.

Slaine

Quite dumb that the Xenos decide to do nothing with their tail whatsoever when you get into a "wrestling" match with them. Considering, you know, it's a perfectly good killing weapon.

I really wish this wrestling nonsense was never introduced in an Alien game...ever.

Salt The Fries

I'm afraid this game is gonna turn out to be a TOTAL DISGRACE which will make me regret spend almost $60 on it...Instead of buying something extra for me and my fiancee anniversary (not of engagement but of being gf and bf together) or Valentine's Day...

RagingDragon

Quote from: Slaine on Feb 07, 2013, 09:44:55 PM
Quite dumb that the Xenos decide to do nothing with their tail whatsoever when you get into a "wrestling" match with them. Considering, you know, it's a perfectly good killing weapon.

I really wish this wrestling nonsense was never introduced in an Alien game...ever.

This can't be said enough.

SM

Vasquez had physics on her side.  She was braced against the inside of a cramped vent and could apply maximum force against the Alien.  If the same thing had happened in a larger corridor - she woulda been dead in a second.

Three marines with superior leverage were unable to close a sliding door against one Alien without shooting its head off.

Prime113

I'm gonna just jump in here and say this, but I'm sure most of you know this - If the games made the Xeno's as powerful, and fierce as some of you want them, you would constantly die, die, die, die, die.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 07, 2013, 11:24:26 PM
I'm gonna just jump in here and say this, but I'm sure most of you know this - If the games made the Xeno's as powerful, and fierce as some of you want them, you would constantly die, die, die, die, die.

Oh please. That is such innate hyperbole. AVP 99 got the aliens pretty much spot on. It was a freaking adrenaline rush. They STILL pose a challenge even all these years later.

The same can be said of Alien Resurrection on the Playstation.

ScardyFox

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2013, 10:08:02 PM
Vasquez had physics on her side.  She was braced against the inside of a cramped vent and could apply maximum force against the Alien.  If the same thing had happened in a larger corridor - she woulda been dead in a second.

Three marines with superior leverage were unable to close a sliding door against one Alien without shooting its head off.

I think you should do a public service and make this your signature for a few days.

PLEXI

Quoteyou would constantly die, die, die, die, die.
I'd be perfectly happy if that was the case. That is why I love Xenomorph creature so much, because it offers such a fantastic challenge for you as a player. One that has never been properly capitalized on.

Prime113

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 07, 2013, 11:26:33 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 07, 2013, 11:24:26 PM

Oh please. That is such innate hyperbole. AVP 99 got the aliens pretty much spot on. It was a freaking adrenaline rush. They STILL pose a challenge even all these years later.

The same can be said of Alien Resurrection on the Playstation.

I wasn't intentionally exaggerating. I've never played A:R, but if AVP2's Alien's are even close to AVP1's, they were tough, but not like they should be.

Put away your hate for this game and think about the creature you're going up against. If they made them as realistically(in the Alien universe, I mean) the game wouldn't be entertaining, hell you wouldn't even be able to get past the lurker alien on the very first mission. 

PLEXI

Quotehell you wouldn't even be able to get past the lurker alien on the very first mission. 
Ripley did. :P

While a hardcore experience would have a very decreased market demographic, it is still viable and proven successful by a handful of games.  I feel most of us would probably appreciate it more.

Prime113

Quote from: PLEXI on Feb 07, 2013, 11:35:33 PM
Quotehell you wouldn't even be able to get past the lurker alien on the very first mission. 
Ripley did. :P

While a hardcore experience would have a very decreased market demographic, it is still viable and proven successful by a handful of games.  I feel most of us would probably appreciate it more.

Well....true, but lets use the game situation we've seen.  :laugh:

It wouldn't just be hard...it would be impossible.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 07, 2013, 11:31:54 PM
I wasn't intentionally exaggerating. I've never played A:R, but if AVP2's Alien's are even close to AVP1's, they were tough, but not like they should be.

What are you talking about? The Aliens in AVP 2 are incredibly easy to defeat. Their acid blood is practically non-existent. They're really fast, sure, but all you have to do is fire a burst of pulse rifle fire or a shotgun blast at them, and they go down!

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 07, 2013, 11:31:54 PM
Put away your hate for this game and think about the creature you're going up against. If they made them as realistically(in the Alien universe, I mean) the game wouldn't be entertaining, hell you wouldn't even be able to get past the lurker alien on the very first mission.

Go look at the "RALLY" thread. I do not hate this game, and i'm tired of people using that as a blanket counter-argument to any critical remarks leveled against it. The alien's acid is practically tap water. The counter moves make them look completely non threatening. The aliens have been noted, by people who have played the game, and within demonstrations, to literally just stand there and take attacks. Previous games have made them fast, and lethal. Which is what makes them an intense opponent to fight.

I'd propose something with a bit more strategy to it. Slaughtering aliens at extreme close range should be a health risk. Firing off your pulse rifle constantly at one alien will have the random chance of causing it to explode in an acid shower. This will force the player to be smarter in encounters, and cautious. Just like in AVP 99, just like in many of the other Alien games. It's stupid that somehow something that worked for decades, suddenly is 'BAD' in this generation. It reeks of blind defensiveness, blind loyalty. It's absolutely ridiculous to say you can't do realistic aliens because it "wouldn't be fun." Of course it would. It'd be a damn sight more fun then mentally challenged xenos that freeze up and charge straight on constantly.

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 07, 2013, 11:36:29 PM
It wouldn't just be hard...it would be impossible.

No. It really wouldn't. I've already made a game that actually deals with this, and at the time I was showing it off, I could not even beat it myself, but with time and a few tweaks to the balance I have since been able to beat it successfully.

Alien : Into The Vents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2a2qedTg4#ws

And keep in mind, my alien is actually COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE, and I've still been able to beat the game.

If there is no challenge, and no threat, there's nothing to really pump the adrenaline. Especially on repeat plays where you KNOW "okay, at this point they spawn six aliens in this room." and it's basically the exact same thing every time. Very little chance of surprise.

Also, you haven't seen or played AVP 99? Missing out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpEpKnJTZQ#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed