The Next Chapter - New Alien: Covenant Featurette

Started by puscyfer, Apr 12, 2017, 06:16:23 AM

Author
The Next Chapter - New Alien: Covenant Featurette (Read 43,973 times)

Corporal Hicks

Or perhaps it's from a facehugger?! #WaltermorphAlsoConfirmed  :laugh:

skhellter

Quote from: shawsbaby on Apr 12, 2017, 02:30:14 PM
I'm still wondering where David found paper, pencils, and those fancy failed experiment display pedestals. :-P

via the resources of a newly deceased civilization.  :P

Ingwar

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 12, 2017, 03:00:29 PM
Perhaps
Spoiler
David got that scar from fighting with Walter.
[close]

Possibly.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 12, 2017, 03:10:37 PM
Perhaps
Spoiler
[close]

Possibly.

Spoiler
That would make no sense as that would mean the final switcheroo twist isn't a twist. If David gets a scar from fighting Walter, then the audience would know it's David in the last part of the movie, and I'm fairly sure from the leaks that we're not supposed to know this is David.

The more probable outcome is that Walter gets cut at some point and that David must cut himself to look like him.
Unless it happens off screen, and the audience has no way to tell whether David or Walter gets cut in the face... then yes, David could get that scar from an off screen confrontation with Walter.
My money is on the first option  ;D
[close]

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 12, 2017, 03:18:21 PM
Perhaps
Spoiler
[close]

Possibly.

Spoiler
That would make no sense as that would mean the final switcheroo twist isn't a twist. If David gets a scar from fighting Walter, then the audience would know it's David in the last part of the movie, and I'm fairly sure from the leaks that we're not supposed to know this is David.

The more probable outcome is that Walter gets cut at some point and that David must cut himself to look like him.
Unless it happens off screen, and the audience has no way to tell whether David or Walter gets cut in the face... then yes, David could get that scar from an off screen confrontation with Walter.
[close]
Spoiler
Yeah, you're right. Unless we don't see the fight. 
[close]

Ingwar

Perhaps
Spoiler
[close]

Possibly.

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
According to leaks Walter is killed off-screen
[close]

GrimmVision

This just continues to get better and better! I don't remember being even this amped for Prometheus. The visuals look exquisite. 8)

Sway

Do Androids Dream of Electric Death?

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 12, 2017, 03:25:04 PM
Perhaps
Spoiler
[close]

Possibly.

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
According to leaks Walter is killed off-screen
[close]

Yes, but
Spoiler
the cut right on the face seems too obvious to be something that happens off screen. If I was writing that thing - I know, I'm not  ;D - it would make sense to give the cut to Walter so that the audience can't even suspect that it might be David later on. Quite a few people on here have commented that the switcheroo was a bit "on the nose" as a concept, plus I remember the guy from the original leak not understanding that it was David at the end... so my point is that for the switcheroo to be really effective it would have to be Walter who gets the cut on screen and David who does it to himself off screen.

Fine, I just want David to be enough of a crazy villain that they'd throw in some evil self-mutilation for good measure. Is that too much to ask?  ;D
[close]

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: dave1978 on Apr 12, 2017, 12:13:33 PM
Not bad but some worrying signs,  3:06 Ridley "will scare the living Shi{ out of people",  word for word what he said about Promehteus in a featurette and that was about as scary as a Simpsons Haloween special.

Knew someone would say this again. I mean obviously Covenant is a proper Alien film. Obviously it is horror. It's very obvious.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 12, 2017, 03:39:56 PM
Quote from: dave1978 on Apr 12, 2017, 12:13:33 PM
Not bad but some worrying signs,  3:06 Ridley "will scare the living Shi{ out of people",  word for word what he said about Promehteus in a featurette and that was about as scary as a Simpsons Haloween special.

Knew someone would say this again. I mean obviously Covenant is a proper Alien film. Obviously it is horror. It's very obvious.
Plus, Ridley has been around the game for a while, he is merely helping sell/hype up the film.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2017, 03:00:57 PM

Oh my!  :laugh:

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Apr 12, 2017, 02:58:23 PM
Awesome!

Seems as a 'stitch' of Prometheus and A:C trailers, although Prometheus looks visually brilliant and A:C,  quite raw. At the end, it makes Prometheus look like a classic, which it is.

If one can take a step back from analyzing Prometheus to death I think that there is a really intriguing film underneath. However, some of the edits made near the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd act, always bother me upon re-watch—to which I should add some of the camera work during the introduction of Fifield and Milburn in the ampule room (its the shot of them looking up at the head, it just.... doesn't sit well with  me—the rest of the scene is shot extremely well).  That being said, the film feels really huge, and the set design.... 

Xenomorphine

Claiming that 'Prometheus' supposedly remains "very scary" is not an optimistic sign. Seems to be further confirmation he still doesn't seem to acknowledge it had any real flaws.

SpeedyMaxx

It's not like he's ever going to publicly say "it was deeply flawed" or "pure shit"* just to satisfy a corner of the Internet. That's not what most filmmakers at that level do.

(* - not necessarily characterizations I agree with on either count, though I do think the film is flawed)

salomonj

Wow, every look at A:C gets more amazing, the visuals looks incredible.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2017, 03:00:57 PM
Haha...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed