Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 76,271 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Either way, the derelict had an atmosphere and the planet had an atmosphere.  In fact, it's possible that the AP wouldn't work without a pre-existing atmosphere to process.  Like Van Leuwen said, they "make the air breathable."

SM

SM

Quite.

SiL

SiL

Sounds like that Building Better Worlds resource is wrong.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Uh-oh

SM

SM

This would be unsurprising.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

@Xenomrph Can you make it fit?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2024, 12:54:02 AMSounds like that Building Better Worlds resource is wrong.

Have you read my previous comment? What Badger believes about there being no atmosphere in the Derelict has nothing to do with the Building Better Worlds book. Just like I said already. We shouldn't judge a piece of media without seeing it for ourselves. Criticizing something without a good understanding of a subject based on our own biases isn't really productive IMO. 

I made the same mistake with Aliens Bishop, because of the first few opinions, I thought it can't be good, but after reading it for myself, I loved it. I almost missed out on a joyful read because of that. But even more sadly, I joined the bashing of the book without reading it first. It's one thing to not want to read something cause of someone's opinion/review, but it's another thing to criticize something that I haven't experienced honestly.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 03, 2024, 11:03:14 PMHave you read my previous comment? What Badger believes about there being no atmosphere in the Derelict has nothing to do with the Building Better Worlds book. Just like I said already.
That got lost in your ensuing rant about the Queen Alien, sorry.

So the book just mentions the tone and Slutty added completely inaccurate commentary from misremembering the scene; got it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 03, 2024, 11:03:14 PMJust like I said already. We shouldn't judge a piece of media without seeing it for ourselves. Criticizing something without a good understanding of a subject based on our own biases isn't really productive IMO.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 26, 2021, 10:03:01 PMI've always said it: you can tell if a book will be any good or not just by the cover art.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm gonna buy this book and like it just to f**k with people. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a good book! Nothing to f**k with.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2024, 12:08:54 AMSo the book just mentions the tone

BBW also mentions that the mist gives off an electric shock when touched. Given that Kane is wearing a suit, that clearly doesn't affect him, but it still looks to me that the sharp squeal is feedback from electrical interference rather than the actual musical tone. Exposure to the mist also causes hypoxia which, again, doesn't affect Kane since he's in a suit.

It's also important to note that the example given in BBW occurs in a fully breathable atmosphere without the need for suits.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 04, 2024, 09:20:40 AMBBW also mentions that the mist gives off an electric shock when touched. Given that Kane is wearing a suit, that clearly doesn't affect him, but it still looks to me that the sharp squeal is feedback from electrical interference rather than the actual musical tone. Exposure to the mist also causes hypoxia.
If Kane's gloves are insulated to prevent shock then it's not going to interfere with his electronics.

The noise is the laser, always was.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 04, 2024, 01:35:20 AMI'm gonna buy this book and like it just to f**k with people. 
Not long finished the audiobook. It's a pretty solid entry. Wasn't going to buy it but I might actually do it now.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2024, 08:52:48 AMIt's a good book! Nothing to f**k with.

The Aliens not being wiped out by the end f**ks with me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed