Alien3 Legacy Cut

Started by 0321recon, Apr 26, 2024, 08:35:01 PM

Author
Alien3 Legacy Cut (Read 3,329 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2024, 04:33:35 PMAlien 3... so great... TC version.

You have made a few mistakes in your assumptions here, Assembly Cut's better recieved, and not as brutal towards children or animals, it's probable therefore that people find it great when it is more balanced in the brutality.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2024, 04:59:15 PMThe irony here is that Newt would have died more peacefully if Ripley has left her on LV-426 to get vaporized in the explosion.  Ripley and Hicks would have lived too, since the queen would have never made it aboard the Sulaco to ooze out an egg.

Great job, Ripley.

Indeed... worst thing would be the initial horror of waking and seeing the facehugger.. after that she would be unconscious whilst face-hugged and probably wouldn't even feel the explosion... Ripley and crispy-Hicks get to play happy family and make their very own Newtwo, Bishop remains top of the line with valuable Xenomorph XX121 data to boot 😂 and all Prisoner's on Fury 161 get to wait for god.. Aaron goes home on the next rotation to his wife and kid, Clemens get to continue being melodramatic. 😂 Who is the real villain here? The Alien or Ripley?? (Marvel.. I'm drafting the next "What if..." story. Call me... )

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And AR never happens.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2024, 05:56:17 PMAnd AR never happens.

God damnit Ripley!!! 🤣

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even more lives would have been spared if her shuttle had never been found by that deep salvage team.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2024, 04:59:15 PMThe irony here is that Newt would have died more peacefully if Ripley has left her on LV-426 to get vaporized in the explosion.  Ripley and Hicks would have lived too, since the queen would have never made it aboard the Sulaco to ooze out an egg.

Great job, Ripley.

Dying in a nuclear explosion after a space monster forcingly gave you a blowjob hardly sounds peaceful

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2024, 06:16:23 PMEven more lives would have been spared if her shuttle had never been found by that deep salvage team.

OK, that's a fair point

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

And she ended up dying anyway just a few weeks or months later.  Painfully.

Project A34K

Project A34K

Small update, I was able to get a copy of the workprint. The video was unsalvageable, which is a shame as it would have been fun to find a way to work in the "You'll need a bigger cage than that" line. I was, however, able to use the line of Aaron saying "Vent shaft 17" instead of "Vent shaft 22", so I no longer have to cut Andrews saying "Vent shaft 17" as the continuity error has been corrected.

Took a little bit of work as the audio wasn't great quality either, but it should be pretty seamless.

SM

SM

It's over an intercom so doesn't need to be great quality if you only use Aaron's WP audio.

Project A34K

Project A34K

Yep. He doesn't address Clemens in the workprint, so his opening with "Mr Clemens" is kept from the AC, so there was some tweaking needed to make the audio from both match, but it wasn't a difficult job. Pretty happy with the result.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You are f**king rad.

Project A34K

Project A34K

Thank you!

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm fine with either version, and see true value in both, but for the thematic consistency of the brutality of Alien 3, I do prefer the TC version where Newt didn't go peacefully... Even though Ripley isn't aware of it, we do kinda feel guilty putting ourselves in Ripley's shoes, cause of all of the chaos that keeps following her.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed