How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,041 times)

ShadowPred

Colin, Greg said that the movie had a different look to it in the trailers did, is this a good thing or a bad thing? :-\

gases

multiple methods of reproduction?

Anomaly

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:46:09 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:37:48 AM
Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen.

With respect, I have to disagree. They're cocooned for something and if it was merely to hold them (why?), Dallas wouldn't have been nearly so sickly or asking for death, etcetera. He would have simply been pulled out, like Newt was.

And it's damn obvious that a lot more than mere cocooning happened with Brett, wouldn't you say?

Actually I'll agree with Colin here, i always assumed its natural instinct was to make nest. Doesnt mean egg morphing or whatever. Thats the more extreme option here by a football field  ::)

kcirtap33

everyone fears change......except me  :P

Highland

Quote from: gases on Nov 21, 2007, 01:44:33 AM
really... its going to be disgusting and horrifying and follows on from the original (as he says DC is open to interpretation). We need some new inventiveness and insight into what else the aliens can do. Sure lets see the same old shit again, fun huh?   

I agree, Alien fans seem to want the book shut on there own creature for some reason. Then bang, there goes any further alien movies....

Colin_Strause

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 21, 2007, 01:48:33 AM
Colin, Greg said that the movie had a different look to it in the trailers did, is this a good thing or a bad thing? :-\

It's a really good thing. The marketing department set most of the color for the trailer, and that isn't how we wanted the movie to look. This was done because of time constraints. But now the movie looks the way we all wanted it to be.

Plokoon111

It depends, hopefully its good. I hat how people think the predalien is just going to puke, it might most likey be a tube being inserted into the hosts mouth out of the predalien's mouth. And Colin where are those good pred face shots, you promised?

Gates

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:47:55 AM
There are many facehuggers.

Clever way of avoiding my statement...

ShadowPred

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:50:21 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 21, 2007, 01:48:33 AM

It's a really good thing. The marketing department set most of the color for the trailer, and that isn't how we wanted the movie to look. This was done because of time constraints. But now the movie looks the way we all wanted it to be.

Can't wait to see that.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 21, 2007, 01:50:54 AM
It depends, hopefully its good. I hat how people think the predalien is just going to puke, it might most likey be a tube being inserted into the hosts mouth out of the predalien's mouth. And Colin where are those good pred face shots, you promised?

Just waiting to hear back from Fox on how many we can show. I bet you next week they'll be posted.... hopefully.

kcirtap33

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 21, 2007, 01:50:54 AM

this is where he disappears in a puff of smoke.

Anomaly

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 21, 2007, 01:42:29 AM
I find it funny the alien hardcores can believe an alien can take a mans body and turn it into an egg with a live facehugger inside (WTF!?) but an alien planting an embryo inside a man is lame....  :D

Exactly. IMO what this entails is this puke idea is LESS ridiculous than the suggested alternative some have heh.

marrerom

if lone aliens molt into queens then does that  mean the alien from the nostromo was turning into a queen? did it face rape lampert?

kcirtap33

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:47:55 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:47:00 AM
Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:43:58 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:37:48 AM
Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen. 

Fair enough...then I expect to see the predalien regurgitating into someones mouth, then slowly turn into what Brett was shown to turn into...NOT, have the predalien regurgitate into someones mouth then skip over to chestbursting...

however that would mean more facehuggers. If the budget allowed for lots of facehugger props, why not have them come from eggs? I thought it was confirmed that there was only the two facehuggers in the film.

There are many facehuggers.

okay then I don't see how your not re-interpreting what the alien was doing in the director's cut of alien. Its a slight relief that it will sort of be the egg-morphing, but its also arbitary to try and say only queens or young queens egg-morph when in alien it was intended and established to be a lone warrior alien, not in any molting process. Also egg-morphing is supposed to be a one-time process in which a queen bearing egg is created and aparrently the alien who creates it dies not too long after it, much in the same way a facehugger dies after laying its embryo.
(in alien, ridley scott's original intentions were that the alien was dying, and that's why it was seemingly lethargic in the narcissus)
I also don't like the vomiting idea although it will be a little better than having it vomit chestburster embryos.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed