Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 436,859 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I f**king hate "fandoms."

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 17, 2014, 08:05:26 PM
I f**king hate "fandoms."

Any particular reason?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

It's a cancer that infects people, which causes them to destroy everything good about a series/work of fiction and make it impossible for most people that weren't already fans of something to actually like it.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 17, 2014, 08:20:18 PM
It's a cancer that infects people, which causes them to destroy everything good about a series/work of fiction and make it impossible for most people that weren't already fans of something to actually like it.

I know exactly what you mean but I don't think it's always true. Take MLP for example.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

MLP IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE FOR WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

What the f**k are you guys talking about?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Fandoms.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Has it taken on a new meaning or some shit? 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fandom

Quotefandom

The community that surrounds a tv show/movie/book etc. Fanfiction writers, artists, poets, and cosplayers are all members of that fandom. Fandoms often consist of message boards, livejournal communities, and people.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If you truly hated fandom then you wouldn't be on this site.

There are jerkholes in every group, just don't pay them any mind.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I guess I wasn't very clear. Have you ever been on Tumblr before. Where you have the Harry Potter and Supernatural fandoms and shit? These "fandoms" just take everything good about something overuse it until they've killed it, and then have a nice big circle jerk. All they do is ruin series for other people before they even have a chance to get involved.  :P

Sure, I'm a fan of lots of different series, but I wouldn't proclaim myself as part of a certain fandom. Kind of hard to explain. I basically mean anyone that goes around saying how they're part of the "xxx" fandom. These are the same people that never shut up about it. So, basically I just hate most people on Tumblr.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Cal, you best believe in fandoms...

Spoiler
YOU'RE IN ONE!

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nah, I'd consider most of the "recboardians" (and people like SiL and Valaquen and SM and some others who don't typically frequent the rec board) avid fans of the films rather than members of a "fandom."

The fandom stuff comes into play with all of the excessive comic book/video game/canon/multiverse debates that hurt my head and don't seem fun at all.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2014, 08:44:42 PM
Nah, I'd consider most of the "recboardians" (and people like SiL and Valaquen and SM and some others who don't typically frequent the rec board) avid fans of the films rather than members of a "fandom."

The fandom stuff comes into play with all of the excessive comic book/video game/canon/multiverse debates that hurt my head and don't seem fun at all.
Pretty much this.

Just look at the Godzilla thread.  :laugh:

Aspie

Aspie

lol NA and his love for Zilla

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed