Started by AlienĀ³, Sep 02, 2009, 12:18:17 AM

Which would you rather be?

Xenomorph
21 (38.9%)
Predator
33 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author
Which would you rather be? #1 (Read 6,380 times)

lunchboxx

lunchboxx

Quote from: TheMonolith on Sep 21, 2009, 03:23:08 PM
I would rather be the alien, because of the simplicity of their existence....
or the predator because of their unique culture centered around rite of passage....
or the alien because of their amazing physical abilities and biological perfection....
or the predator because of their kickass equipment and weapons....
alien....
predator....
alien
predator
ALIEN
PREDATOR
ALIEN
PREDATOR

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/nostalgiaaddict88/Scanners.jpg

CLEAN UP ON ISLE 12!!!!  :P  :P  :P

but on-topic:

i would go for the predator. they are alot like the samurai, who i love, because of the way of the warrior, and their code of ethics, and honor system.

so yeah, pred all the way.

aliens are like a bunch of bees..................and i hate bees, i'm allergic.

Private Hudson

Quote from: lunchboxx on Sep 22, 2009, 11:42:24 AM

Wrong.

Predboy

Predboy

Predators simply because they'll kick the alien's ass.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Gotta love how everyone else has had, so far, the sense not to mention who would win in a fight during this thread.

Celtic_Hunter

well 1vs1 an predator wins vs an alien.Harder on predalien.But predators arent really scared by one alien whats bad is that aliens in SP even in MP usually dont have chances vs plasma and in SP not even in meele.Well 1v1 a predator will win.But aliens tend too come in numbers but they fail sometimes i beated many times 3 aliens in multiplayer with good strafing and meele.A disc and rest 2 with combi.It aint that hard.I bet on pred ;)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

We're not talking in-game; we're talking in-fluff, or in-universe.

It's a really touchy topic here and it can get really heated. We shouldn't really touch it.

Celtic_Hunter

The humans lol they alkways win and preds and xenos die :(.But i bet a team off well skilled preds can kill a hive

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 23, 2009, 05:37:58 PM
It's a really touchy topic here and it can get really heated. We shouldn't really touch it.

I have my own thoughts on the matter but now is not the time nor the place. See my quote above.

lunchboxx

lunchboxx

Quote from: Private Hudson on Sep 22, 2009, 10:04:34 PM
Quote from: lunchboxx on Sep 22, 2009, 11:42:24 AM

Wrong.

how am i wrong?

alien = bee = bug

alien hive = bee hive

alien colony = bee colony

alien queen = queen bee

etc
etc

and tbh, i never was good with the aliens game wise. and i rally am allergic.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You didn't prove anything. Throwing around a bunch of comparisons is not a basis for evidence.

Given how independent Aliens can be, not to mention the traits we've seen in individual Aliens unrelated to their hosts, they qualify as insects about as much as Predators do.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They don't live the same way. Aliens (as depicted by Cameron) are slaves to the Hive. They don't go out and hunt like a Predator does. They only take prey (it seems, anyway) if it's close by, and easily obtained. But they won't go across planets seeking new hosts.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

None of what's in your post has much foundation, though.

1. Their relationship to the Hive isn't very clear. Whether they're instinctually bound to its servitude or not, Aliens show a powerful capacity to work alone anyway. In fact, every film but ALIENS basically shows that they work more effectively alone than in groups.

2. Of course they don't hunt like a Predator does. What a Predator does is sport; what an Alien does is survival. This means that they hunt based upon economy of energy, unlike the Predator's hunting habits which are superfluous when taking survival into account.

That said, bees don't hunt. They collect nectar.

SM

SM

Aliens collect hosts.

lunchboxx

lunchboxx

i was not proving anything at all, i know all about the alien stuff, i'm just compairing them to bees alot like vasquez did in aliens. i am just not a alien fan, plain and simple.

and i really am allergic to bees.  :P

Oooodz

Oooodz

I'd go Predator. Out of all those vision modes theres gotta be at least one that see's through womens clothes  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed