Gladiator II (Read 46,595 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's chocolate :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Ingwar

Ingwar

Execs are always blown away but fingers crossed it's gonna be freaking epic!

Ingwar

Ingwar

Pedro praises production quality:

QuoteYou're in the forthcoming Gladiator 2. Can you recount a scene you enjoyed making and how it might have challenged you as an actor?

I've been a part of big sets where the identity of the project, in a sense, is its size—and still, I have not been on a set as impressive as Gladiator's. [Director] Ridley [Scott] leaves very little to the imagination in the most old-fashioned sense. All the players and pieces are there on the day, and suddenly the expected challenge of believing yourself as a powerful person in the era of the Roman Empire is evaporated.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/pedro-pascal-2024-hollywood-portfolio-interview

Paul Mescal confirms fighting with baboons:

QuoteWell, Ridley said that I fight baboons, so I'm not going to get in trouble for that. So yeah! Unless it's on the cutting room floor.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/paul-mescal-confirms-that-he-fights-with-baboons-in-gladiator-2-3589150

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

:o

Quote from: The Hollywood ReporterRambling Roundup: Ridley Scott's Very Expensive Roman Holiday

Ridley Scott's Very Expensive Roman Holiday
With accidents on the set, complaints about animal abuse and now reports that the production went wildly over budget, sources tell Rambling Reporter that Ridley Scott's long-anticipated Gladiator sequel is leaving Paramount execs feeling a bit like Joaquin Phoenix's Emperor Commodus — "terribly vexed." Initially budgeted at $165 million, sources say that figure has ballooned to something closer to $310 million. (Paramount insiders insist the net cost of the 49-day shoot was under $250 million.) "It's a runaway," says one source. "It's not being managed." The strikes account for some of that money; the shutdowns starting in July reportedly cost $600,000 a week, or a total of about $10 million, until Scott resumed shooting in December (though there were reports he kept cameras rolling during the work stoppages, shooting extras at crowd scenes in Malta, where he built a Coliseum set). But even before the walkouts, Fortuna clearly frowned on this sequel, which stars Paul Mescal as a grown-up Lucius, the young royal in the original who worshiped Russell Crowe's Maximus. A stunt gone wrong in June sent four crewmembers to the hospital with non-life-threatening burn injuries. Then in July, PETA sent an open letter to Scott filled with "whistleblower" reports about horses and monkeys being abused on the set, reports that sources close to the production deny, noting that the Humane Society was on site during filming.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/ridley-scott-gladiator-sequel-production-budget-1235830460/

Ingwar

Ingwar

Well, it ain't my money ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

This would make it Ridley Scott's most expensive film ever.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

People still take PETA seriously?

Ingwar

Ingwar

It must have been Paul Mescal abusing baboons ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

PETA actually thinks that owning pets at all is abusive. They're goddamn idiots.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 23, 2024, 06:08:54 PMWell, it ain't my money ;D

It's actually very strange. Ridley has long ago established a solid reputation for always finishing well below budget and days ahead of schedule.

The strike only accounts for about $10 million of the inflated budget. The stunt accident would have been covered by insurance and PETA is neither here nor there.

I think the last time a Ridley Scott film went seriously over budget was Blade Runner. And even then it wasn't that bad.

To put things in perspective, if he had made the original Gladiator movie today, it would only have cost about $180 milion. You typically go bigger for sequels but $310 million is a lot of money for a movie that isn't part of a major franchise and a director who doesn't really do crowd pleasers.

I suspect the budget increase might have come from the studio wanting to go bigger. Remember all those new sets being built in the Malta countryside after filming was supposed to have wrapped?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Could he be secretly shooting Gladiator 3 as well?

Someone should float that theory on 4chan.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2024, 09:13:33 AMCould he be secretly shooting Gladiator 3 as well?

Someone should float that theory on 4chan.

@Nightmare Asylum  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed