Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 161,686 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Always thought "sietch" was of Arabic origin like so many of their other words.

Also interesting to see Sergei Surovikan in the trailer.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I wonder if the spider creature will be in Part 2.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 30, 2023, 08:04:26 PMI wonder if the spider creature will be in Part 2.

Unless otherwise explicitly stated to be untrue somewhere down the line, my gut tells me that that's Yueh's wife Wanna.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteDenis Villeneuve's 'Dune' Trilogy Will Reportedly End With an Adaptation of 'Dune: Messiah'

https://collider.com/dune-3-messiah-adaptation/

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Good, good. You can tell he's already lathering text from Messiah all over Part Two that's more so subtext in the original novel.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I've read Messiah ages ago and only remember that it was very ... different than the first book.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've only read up to Children, myself. I didn't find Messiah to be all that different from the first one, though; it almost feels like a "10 years later" epilogue to Dune to me, so I do get Denis kind of envisioning these two books as one complete trilogy.

Children, on the other hand, feels like a full on sequel with a tone/style all its own. And from what I understand of the next three, those do as well. If Children and beyond ever get adapted, I don't think Denis would really be the right fit for them (nor do I think he has any interest beyond Messiah).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 30, 2023, 09:38:34 PMI've read Messiah ages ago and only remember that it was very ... different than the first book.

A depressing read.

nanison

nanison

I didn't have any affinity with the first film. Maybe I should start reading books.  :)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 01, 2023, 09:00:00 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 30, 2023, 09:38:34 PMI've read Messiah ages ago and only remember that it was very ... different than the first book.

A depressing read.

I wasn't depressed juts disappointed. It's not as good as the first one. It seems like it's written by someone else.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 01, 2023, 01:20:47 PMI wasn't depressed juts disappointed. It's not as good as the first one. It seems like it's written by someone else.

Yeah, it's a bit of downer after the ending of the first book. Don't know if it's a good idea to make a third film of the second book. Don't think general audiences are going to like the tone.

Spoiler
It's mostly just Paul philosophizing about his impending doom, since he can see it coming but unable to change his destiny. There's not much action either.
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

Yeah, I'd definitely prefer a potential third movie to be based on a more original screenplay from I dunno someone like Guzikowski? (I mean Denis worked with him before on Prisoners)

kwisatz

kwisatz

After rewatching the recent trailer a couple more times I tend to expect quite the action packed ride with way less calmer more atmospheric sequences (could be to lure in general audience I know). A bit like a FotR vs RotK type of scenario.

This kindaa leads me to the feeling I could end up liking the first one more than the second.

Yea just a gut feeling though well see.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I read Dune and Messiah a few times when I was younger and always loved them. I had a soft spot for the miniseries also. I read a lot of the following books, cant remember all of them, i know I read God Emperor. Anyway they are all very down hill after the first.

However I still havent seen Villeneuve's Dune yet. I really like his other films but the look of his Dune has just never grabbed me, even this second trailer doesnt spark much interest in me. I will make it a point to try and watch the first one though, deserves a shot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed