kwisatz

kwisatz

FUKK I'm in the middle of NOWHERE  >:(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Good!  You don't need to see that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Somehow every shot here is blowing the already incredibly gorgeous first film right out of the water, God...

Loving seeing more of the Water of Life sequence. Baron Harkonnen floating around in the wide shot rocks. Denis is leaning HARD into the reality of the prophecy here, it's no surprise at all that he wants to adapt Messiah.

EDIT: Also, that shot of the worm emerging behind Paul... man, the final battle is gonna own so hard.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Legend

kwisatz

kwisatz

:o

Didn't really need to see t h a t much though.. oh well sorry Local

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Dammit! >:(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Man, I can't wait to see this trailer on the big screen before Dial of Destiny this weekend. And then in its proper aspect ratio in IMAX before Oppenheimer next month. I've already watched it a good half a dozen times or so....

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 29, 2023, 05:30:14 PMMan, I can't wait to see this trailer on the big screen before Dial of Destiny this weekend.

That trailer may be the only good thing you see all weekend.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 29, 2023, 05:48:11 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 29, 2023, 05:30:14 PMMan, I can't wait to see this trailer on the big screen before Dial of Destiny this weekend.

That trailer may be the only good thing you see all weekend.

kwisatz

kwisatz

:laugh:

Random speculation: Wonder if they maybe decided to not use/really show any worms at all during the final battle (mix of budget and execution reasons)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 29, 2023, 05:58:31 PM:laugh:

Random speculation: Wonder if they maybe decided to not use/really show any worms at all during the final battle (mix of budget and execution reasons)

The worm rising behind Paul makes me think quite the opposite – I think we're going to be seeing full on worm assault action.

EDIT: Watching the trailer again and one thing that really stands out to me is the shift in Chani's portrayal from this portion of the book. She's much less a zealot here (whereas they are very much doubling down on that angle with Stilgar, which is pretty pivotal to his arc). I think this is a change that's going to work in the movie's benefit as we explore the different contrasting outlooks on who/what "Muad'dib" actually is (especially as it potentially all feeds into whatever Denis has up his sleeve in a potential Dune: Messiah adaptation to round out a trilogy).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 30, 2023, 02:06:12 PMit's like a f**king  gut punch.

I see she is getting into her Monza Murcatto character.

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 29, 2023, 04:17:58 PMFUKK I'm in the middle of NOWHERE  >:(

Southern Palmaries?

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteA sich (Ukrainian: січ), [1] was an administrative and military centre of the Zaporozhian Cossacks. The word sich derives from the Ukrainian verb сікти siktý, "to chop" – with the implication of clearing a forest for an encampment or of building a fortification with the trees that have been chopped down.[2]

The Zaporozhian Sich was the fortified capital of the Zaporozhian Cossacks, located on the Dnieper, in the 16th–18th centuries in the area of what is now Ukraine. The Sich Rada was the highest organ of government in the Zaporozhian Host, or army of the Zaporozhian Cossacks. The Danubian Sich was the fortified settlement of those Zaporozhian Cossacks who later settled in the Danube Delta.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed